Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
I distinctly remember this show, because it led into The Littlest Hobo, The Tommy Hunter Show and I'm pretty sure Hawaii 5-0 back in the day, or at least I remember those shows around it.
Late 70s or early, early 80s. Might have even been an Australian show ported over to Canadian TV.
These people had a zoo and would use the animals to solve problems. So if someone had a truck stuck in a mudhole, there would be this big production where the person would call into the zoo, the zookeeper would answer the phone, a soaring musical number would play and they'd wrangle up some elephants and a couple oxen and go out and pull the guy out of the mudhole. It was like a fire department going out to put out a fire. And the whole show revolved around how kind the zookeepers were to their animals and all that.
Not Steve Irwin, he would have been, like, 10.
One of the final episodes, one of the family's kids got kidnapped by poachers or something, so they broke out the panthers and lions and went to rescue her. Whole lotta dudes got horribly mauled, off camera, of course. but I remembered being just terrified of the whole idea.
I know this exists, because I remember the elephants marching out and the theme somehow and The Littlest Hobo on right after. I was maybe six or seven when this show was on.
So yeah, any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU