Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

wankel13b posted:

Otherworld

Ran January 28 to March 18, so not even two months. 8 episodes.

It was about a family who was touring the pyramids, then got transported to another planet/dimension. I thought it was great, although the only episode I remember is where the son was in the back yard, spilled something on his shirt, and took it off. The police arrested him, I guess it was illegal for even guys to go topless.

This. loving loved this show and find myself thinking about it every once in a while.

In the episode you refer to, the son got sent to a Military School as punishment for his transgressions. He had to participate in some sort of wargames exercise, and got to fly an ultralight with rocket pods mounted on the wings. Coolest poo poo ever to 12 year old me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.
The 100 Lives of Black Jack Savage - ran for 7 episodes in 1991, was a foray into episodic television by Michal Eisner-era Disney

A corrupt Wall Street trader wanted by the FBI flees to a Caribbean island with no extradition to hide. He moves into a castle that is haunted by the ghost of notoriously ruthless pirate Black Jack Savage. Black Jack is destined to go to hell unless he can find a way to save 100 lives to make up for the lives he took.

For reasons I forget, only Wall Street Guy sees the ghost, and gets recruited to help with his mission.

The castle, for reasons I also forget, has a Lucius Fox-type inventor living in the old dungeons who has built a super-cool stealth boat that Wall Street and Pirate use for the purposes of saving lives.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

Penitent posted:

In 1988 Disney released a 2 part pilot for a young adult, action sci-fi series called Earth Star Voyager. It had some wild, big budget sets for the time and some flashy model work. Also, the intro music was pure 80's.

In 2088, Earth is polluted to hell and gone and so a crew of young people are sent to recon a far away planet as a suitable home for the human race.

It aired as the Disney Sunday Movie on ABC for two weeks in a row but was never picked up as a full series. Disney pretty much refuses to admit that it existed at all despite a ton of marketing back in the late 80's.

Holy poo poo - I remember watching this and loving it! I waited and waited for this to get picked up as a series, but it never happened.

minato posted:

I loved Automan. The early 80's had a few shows where computers/technology were the superheroes; Knight Rider was maybe the most well-known one, but there was also Whiz Kids, where a teenage computer nerd and his pals have adventures typically involving solving crimes via computer hacking. It was a time when computers were relatively new and people weren't really aware of what they could and couldn't do, so the stories probably seem outlandish today. It only lasted 1 season, but it was good fun.

Loved Whiz Kids!

And that memory shook loose this gem from the same time period - The Wizard https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090547/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt

"Simon McKay is a scientist who worked for the U.S. Government on various projects. One day he left and disappeared for a few years. He resurfaced as a toy maker. The government wanting to make sure no one uses his intelligence against the U.S. assigns one of their best agents Alex Jagger to protect him."