Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Quark (NBC 1977-78)

Sci-fi comedy about a space garbage man who gets into wacky adventures. Spoofed a lot of classic sci-fi movies and TV shows. Some parts have not aged well (the professor in the first episode and Gene/Jean - a "transmute" - a humanoid possessing a complete set of male & female chromosomes). Otherwise some clever writing and parodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

frankee posted:

A mans mother is reincarnated as his car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_3jcDKUBtQ

Useless trivia: Jerry Van Dyke turned down Gilligan's Island to do this show because he didn't want to be part of an ensemble show.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Dark Skies - "History as we know it is a lie."

Sci-fi show where the aliens (gross parasites than inhabit human bodies) from Area 51 are real and have infiltrated world society. All of the world's major events were orchestrated by them. The show was set to run five years ending with an alien invasion in 2001.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Athanatos posted:

I mentioned John Glover in another failed show write up, but this time, the show is really good and he shined. X-Files was huge at the time. It had recently moved to the Sunday timeslot, and had a spinoff running (Millennium (1996)) in the Friday Night timeslot, and Fox was looking for another dark, spooky, and hit tv show to put in the lead in. In comes Brimestone (1998).

In order to send the demons back to Hell, you had to take out their eyes. One episode had the hero buying a ratty old car that was possessed. He sent it back to Hell by shooting out its headlights.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I really like Max Headroom (the series, not the talk show).

I don't think the networks liked a show that basically ripped them a new one almost every week.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Buttchocks posted:

Ark II ran for 15 episodes in 1976. In a post-apocalyptic 25th century, a team of 4 jump-suited scientists including a teenager and a chimpanzee roam the barren landscape in an RV that also launches an ATV. And there's a jetpack. Their mission: to reintroduce Civilization to the filthy, savage, backwards populace. The episodes end with a voiceover log entry summarizing the heavy-handed morality lesson of the week. It's a goofy time-capsule, I suppose, but I didn't find it that entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lj8z28Mshw

The same company also made Space Academy. Their spaceship, the Seeker, was the Ark II recycled.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Groke posted:

American Gothic from the mid-90s, criminally canceled after one season. Gary Cole as a corrupt small-town sheriff who may be (or be in league with) the devil. Young Lucas Black as the main protagonist. Very nice and creepy.

Someone's at the door....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

evobatman posted:

The only issue I had with it was that it had a tendency in the later seasons of solving every problem with an automatic rifle.

Otherwise it was great, especially the episodes where they go into full heist-mode, and it does of course have one of the greatest scenes ever put on TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDEgASduaR8

NBC Universal is not happy with your link.