Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS WARDLOW 9 5.66%
STATLANDER VS NYLA 6 3.77%
BEST FRIENDS VS HFO 4 2.52%
ELITE VS SYDALS AND DANTE FREAKING MARTIN 131 82.39%
DARK ORDER VS GOOD BROS 9 5.66%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Christian whill beat Kenny twice in a row. if you are reading this from the future read the rest of this post. if you're reading it before the kenny omega versus christian match then stop reading. but if you're reading it after, notice that i said "whill" which doesn't mean the same thing as will.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ive never lapsed in faith of cody and tony and it kicks rear end being rewarded all the time for it

Nothing like it. Never being steered wrong even once feels soooo drat good.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
this is Fuego's chance

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

Christian whill beat Kenny twice in a row. if you are reading this from the future read the rest of this post. if you're reading it before the kenny omega versus christian match then stop reading. but if you're reading it after, notice that i said "whill" which doesn't mean the same thing as will.

HOF quality Cavauro post

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

AEW Number wager: Will the rating for today's Dynamite be OVER or UNDER 1.015 million viewers. Push means everyone wins. Losers will eat a 6 hour probe with Jericho's Sagging Pants as the reason.

i like this. over.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I was saying “nooo-ooHhohhhhh…”

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

AEW Number wager: Will the rating for today's Dynamite be OVER or UNDER 1.015 million viewers. Push means everyone wins. Losers will eat a 6 hour probe with Jericho's Sagging Pants as the reason.

Over!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yea but also like they’re not going to do two Christian title matches only you would want that because there’s nothing you wouldn’t want if they offered it to you but it’s christian lol he looks like a loud noise just woke him up all the time

I don't feel like taking another 24-hour break, so I'll just say, you are wrong, like you are about most things. They're going to do two Christian Cage titles matches.

yea ok posted:

It doesn't make sense to me to give away a PPV main event (or close to it) match weeks before the show itself, just from a business standpoint. I don't care about toxxing or anything, but saying a match will happen and then changing it weeks out is way different than advertising a match for a show, then the show happens and that's when it gets switched. The latter is definitely loving the fans, but the former is just a booking trope.

I'd be fine with Kenny vs Christian at the PPV, but since they made it for Friday I don't think it's going to be the PPV match anymore

They're not exactly strangers to doing a series of matches like this, though. It wasn't a main event for the title, but it was the semi-main when Jericho and OC fought at the start of July, then in the middle of August, then at the start of September on the PPV. I think they're just going to do the match twice and use the first one to build up the story for the second. Christian Cage and Kenny Omega are two of the most insanely intelligent wrestlers in the world, they can figure out how to structure these matches to compliment one another.

Q7kid posted:

If anything, it seems like Christian basically has to pull off the win at Rampage for the sake of the All Out build. Maybe All Out will be title for title?

Or they do a third match that's title-for-title. Again, AEW loves rubber matches.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I was just thinking 'you know what the Kenny vs Christian match at All Out needs? ANOTHER Kenny vs Christian match.'
Wait no I wasn't. I was thinking AEW needs fewer Kenny vs Christian matches, not more Kenny vs Christian matches.
Who the gently caress was thinking AEW needs MORE Kenny vs Christian? Rhetorical question.
I think we've found the biggest Christian mark on the planet and he's a billionaire.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

There's like 4 weeks before the PPV lol, you got time

I love how they literally announced the main event of the ppv but its still in doubt. Speaks volumes about how exciting it is lol.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Tony has brilliantly escaped painting himself into a corner with Christian by throwing out the Dues Ex Impact belt and building to a better match for All Out sans Christian

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I was just thinking 'you know what the Kenny vs Christian match at All Out needs? ANOTHER Kenny vs Christian match.'
Wait no I wasn't. I was thinking AEW needs fewer Kenny vs Christian matches, not more Kenny vs Christian matches.
Who the gently caress was thinking AEW needs MORE Kenny vs Christian? Rhetorical question.
I think we've found the biggest Christian mark on the planet and he's a billionaire.

I’m not a billionaire though

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
pac telling fenix and penta to focus on the tag belts was v good imo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

NienNunb posted:

I think you might now be 2nd. There is no shame in that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

There have been zero Kenny vs. Christian matches in AEW.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Over.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

Maybe together we are. Are you worth 999,997,000 dollars?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

christian is really good, i bet him and kenny omega will have great matches

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i bought shirts from a site that someone on here said that's where shawn spears or qt marshall got his shirts (can't remember which one) and these are the lowest quality garbage i've ever bought. been wearing them all today and purposefully tugging on them really hard and scraping off the ironed on decals. i'm in a destructive mood

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

Maybe together we are. Are you worth 999,997,000 dollars?
Maybe if we start adding up all the Christian fans we come to the billion together!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

1) Christian is great, you're weird

2) Yes. Christian is Tony Khan's favorite wrestler by his own admision.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Alaois posted:

christian is really good, i bet him and kenny omega will have great matches

Christian is just good enough that Kenny can drag 4+ snowflakes out of him.
Ultimately he is Shawn Spears with a better career arc.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why do you consistently post the weirdest and wrongest takes in these threads

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Christian and Kenny are gonna have a great match on Rampage where Christian loses, and then Hangmin Adam Page is gonna figure out how to get his match at All Out

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
No one is buying All Out for Omega/Cage. Let alone Omega/Cage II

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

those are two of the coolest guys in aew. talking about qt and shawn

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MJF really ran out of steam on those labours, huh?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I am ok with Kenny Omega vs Christian because only Canadians should be allowed to challenge for the title or defend it. Sorry its the rules.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm glad we agree that Shawn Spears and Christian Cage are both great wrestlers. Man, Canada, huh?

STAC Goat posted:

I think the story is explicitly that he never in a million years expected him to get past Gage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1425652276664877059

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

"4th labor... I dunno Wardlow powerbombs him a lot, look he's not beating Nick Gage!!!"

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
really fun show. wish i'd gotten there live but oh well. Rampage looks like it's going to be a fun time

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

gently caress's sake Diglett made me short circuit and it only took 57 minutes after my beautiful show ended. Bzzkzxsltst----Sg-gp.. D>fooDryhg. Reboot complete. Christian vs. Omega, Live, September 5th, at AEW All Out.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Danny Garcia looks like a killer. He rules.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

gently caress's sake Diglett made me short circuit and it only took 57 minutes after my beautiful show ended. Bzzkzxsltst----Sg-gp.. D>fooDryhg. Reboot complete. Christian vs. Omega, Live, September 5th, at AEW All Out.

Remember those enemies in Metroid Prime 2 that didn't inflict any damage but hacked your power suit with a virus and just filled your screen with a bunch of garbage so you had to hold three buttons at once to reboot it?

God, Metroid Prime 2 was so great.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MJeff posted:

I'm glad we agree that Shawn Spears and Christian Cage are both great wrestlers. Man, Canada, huh?

I think the story is explicitly that he never in a million years expected him to get past Gage.

I suppose but it feels like its verging into the heel looking a little stupid. I mean you can rationalize him hoping Wardlow is enough or hoping Jericho's muscle memory will result in an easy win. And you can chalk up the "no entrance music" thing to ego. But for an opportunistic cerebral heel MJF sure seems like he's leaving a lot on the table.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

why do you consistently post the weirdest and wrongest takes in these threads

Considering they are opinions and their point has consistently been they don't like the cheating elite I don't think there is anything wrong or weird with them. You just don't agree. And that's ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The only bad thing about tonight's show is Paul Wight teased he was going to wrestle in Queens and I don't think the QT vs No More BS feud is gonna stretch out that long.

I wish I could've seen My Main Man QT Marshall vs Paul Wight live.