Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS WARDLOW 9 5.66%
STATLANDER VS NYLA 6 3.77%
BEST FRIENDS VS HFO 4 2.52%
ELITE VS SYDALS AND DANTE FREAKING MARTIN 131 82.39%
DARK ORDER VS GOOD BROS 9 5.66%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

*taz voice* whoa there's iguana!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I’m in total awe of this post

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Mr. Squishy posted:

The story I heard was she responded to him coaching her by telling him "gently caress off I know how to wrestle".

Was this an actual coaching session or just some off the cuff advice?

Because if it's the latter I can imagine that if you've been plying your craft for years and dealing with patronizing carnies for most of it one might be defensive about someone telling you how to do your job unasked.

That's not to defend it, especially when it's a vet like Jerry loving Lynn who folks should be lining up to listen to, but I can at least understand why someone might respond that way.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Renaissance Spam posted:

Because if it's the latter I can imagine that if you've been plying your craft for years and dealing with patronizing carnies for most of it one might be defensive about someone telling you how to do your job unasked.

That's not to defend it, especially when it's a vet like Jerry loving Lynn who folks should be lining up to listen to, but I can at least understand why someone might respond that way.

That's kinda his job though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

We thought we'd get a new signing but instead we got a release

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

AEW has only been around less than 3 years but I have some fond early memories. Like one that sticks out to me is that time Sonny started twerking at Billy and he was totally into it while Orange Cassidy looked on from the background, sliding his shades down to get a better look.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7obhlx

lol also randomly later in that match Jungle Boy started searching for ticks in OC's hair in the corner

Shard fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 18, 2021

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Pylons posted:

That's kinda his job though.

Oh not disagreeing at all, I'm not remotely informed of backstage roles in AEW so I wasn't sure if JL is an agent or an outright coach.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Renaissance Spam posted:

Yeah we're pretty much all in agreement that the entire situation is that "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong" Chappelle sketch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If Max Caster did nasty raps about Ivelisse’s hooter, he wouldn’t be in the sin bin.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

coconono posted:

If Max Caster did nasty raps about Ivelisse’s hooter, he wouldn’t be in the sin bin.

He should do it right now on twitter to get reinstated right away.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i heard there is really awesome wrestling going on tonight, can anyone confirm? anyone else hear about this??

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

i heard there is really awesome wrestling going on tonight, can anyone confirm? anyone else hear about this??

think you;re a day late buddy

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

coconono posted:

Should have replaced the rape joke with Jerry Lynn hype.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nice snap.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lid posted:

Wheres the growing thunder rosa painted ironicat

“My higher goal has always been to shed light on anything that could improve women’s wrestling in any way, shape, or form,” Ivelisse said. “So I do feel that a big reason is, again, just because I’m a female, they feel the freedom to just, you know, pick me apart, etc. It seems to be a trend that seems to be trending. Because it hasn’t been just me, it’s been other females as well. Any female that starts blowing a bunch of steam or whatever, somehow, someway they want to find a way to, to bring them down, drag them down or whatever.

“Well, see, unfortunately, the thing is that on the women’s side, there’s so much improvement that needs to happen,” Ivelisse said. “Because unfortunately, the cattiness crap from high school still happens in women’s locker rooms. And the thing is that a lot of males are in positions of power, and then they just roll their eyes anytime something happens, like ‘oh, it’s just girls being girls.’ Like, dude, no, no. That’s why I feel it’s so imperative to put such importance to female veterans because they’re the ones who, first of all, have gone through stuff and have earned the right to be able to impose any kind of, you know, rules to make more order within the environment. Not so they can feel powerful, or whatever, for the improvement of the environment; number one. And for better efficiency out there in the ring.

I do love how she's arguing that since she came in as a "vet", she should be able to dictate how the then 2 year old AEW women's locker room is run.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Rarity posted:

We thought we'd get a new signing but instead we got a release

:clap:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lid posted:

Wheres the growing thunder rosa painted ironicat

“My higher goal has always been to shed light on anything that could improve women’s wrestling in any way, shape, or form,” Ivelisse said. “So I do feel that a big reason is, again, just because I’m a female, they feel the freedom to just, you know, pick me apart, etc. It seems to be a trend that seems to be trending. Because it hasn’t been just me, it’s been other females as well. Any female that starts blowing a bunch of steam or whatever, somehow, someway they want to find a way to, to bring them down, drag them down or whatever.

“Well, see, unfortunately, the thing is that on the women’s side, there’s so much improvement that needs to happen,” Ivelisse said. “Because unfortunately, the cattiness crap from high school still happens in women’s locker rooms. And the thing is that a lot of males are in positions of power, and then they just roll their eyes anytime something happens, like ‘oh, it’s just girls being girls.’ Like, dude, no, no. That’s why I feel it’s so imperative to put such importance to female veterans because they’re the ones who, first of all, have gone through stuff and have earned the right to be able to impose any kind of, you know, rules to make more order within the environment. Not so they can feel powerful, or whatever, for the improvement of the environment; number one. And for better efficiency out there in the ring.

:females:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Renaissance Spam posted:

Oh not disagreeing at all, I'm not remotely informed of backstage roles in AEW so I wasn't sure if JL is an agent or an outright coach.

I mean, even if he's an agent, if he put together her match, he's supposed to give feedback.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Everytime I'm like ok AEW you've shown me like a hundred wrestlers I'd never heard of from around the world that are fuckin' amazing you can't possibly have more up your sleeve they just keep doing it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Orange Carlisle posted:

Everytime I'm like ok AEW you've shown me like a hundred wrestlers I'd never heard of from around the world that are fuckin' amazing you can't possibly have more up your sleeve they just keep doing it

And with the way they work with and help of indies, I don't think it's ever going to stop. By doing business in the complete opposite way of WWE they've created so many pipelines to and from their promotion.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Tony Khan values the talent and has correctly realized the indies act as both farm league and trainer for him, and he's not going to gently caress up that type of gravy train like Vince would

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
it's wild because WWE used to lock people into contracts and told them to keep grinding the indies until they had a spot

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

and he came

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Was cutler wearing reebok kamikazes?

I think I had those in green and black in jr high and I didnt know they still made them

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

The 2.0 interview on Talk is Jericho is great and it sold me on wanting merch from them.

I hope they get the Twitter post of them being all elite.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Orange Carlisle posted:

Was cutler wearing reebok kamikazes?

I think I had those in green and black in jr high and I didnt know they still made them

Nerf Nike

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ivelisse is funny because AEW was like her one last chance to make it big in the industry and literally no one else that we know of has had an issue with AEW and it seems like the easiest company in the history of the sport to do well in and get along with everyone at and she just decided 'yeah naw I'm going to show my butt'.

That interview with her should have been her desperately apologizing for being an rear end in a top hat if she really wanted to come back but nooo she just had to double down on things. :sigh:

I used to really like her too. What a shame.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

quote:

If you still had any doubts that CM Punk was making his way back to wrestling for AEW, TNT itself is operating on the assumption he's coming in, based on those we spoke to.

Fightful spoke with multiple people involved with WarnerMedia and TNT, who spoke of the excitement of bringing in CM Punk, and noted that he'll have their promotional machine behind him upon his return. We weren't told what exactly that would entail, but were told that TNT and WarnerMedia were both "very aware" of this. The same employees cited expressed that AEW running four shows over a few weeks in the same market and selling the way that they did impressed many within the company. One TNT source that we spoke with about the situation said they were particularly excited about the United Center/Chicago/Bulls/tie in.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

unsurprisingly, turner/warner is loving psyched about punk signing & they want to suck off big man TK, they're also rly impressed w/ the 4 shows in chicago succeeding. aew keeps on winning, while fox and usa keep scratching their Pube chins wondering what the heck they got them selfs into

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah see

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
A CM Punk basketball jersey with 21 on the back and a 'legally distinct' from the Bulls design is a no brainer, right?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Actually I heard Punk's a broken down WWE guy who did badly in MMA so it's a massive waste to bring him in and put him over young talent

lol

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Blackhawks hockey jersey too.

There's already a pin that Punk's been wearing of a Bulls-style basketball jersey with PUNK XX on it.

And there's a AEW theme video that some random YouTube account has with the Bulls' entrance music.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

A CM Punk basketball jersey with 21 on the back and a 'legally distinct' from the Bulls design is a no brainer, right?

Or just do it with the Bulls. TNT has to have connections there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

And you just know Punk would have fun with the John Cena comparisons

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

smarxist posted:

Nerf Nike

https://www.reebok.com/pt/candy-land-kamikaze-ii-shoes/GZ8825.html

jokes aside was it these because they're hilarious

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

What have they done to Shawn Kemp’s shoe?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

lmao warner is getting worked

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MJeff posted:

Punk hits the ring, Darby faces off with him. Sting hits, complete with snow, Punk and Sting face off. Lights turn off, turn back on, nobody new is in the ring. Everyone looks around, confused, as all of a sudden a basketball hits a bewildered Sting.

Pan to the crowd, where Nikola Vucevic is taking three pointers at Sting, Alex Caruso and Lauri Markkanen passing him new balls. The Triple Threat is in the building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

What have they done to Shawn Kemp’s shoe?

suplex city by way of candyland