Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

FBS posted:

Actually your first round pick has been forfeited due to your predecessor's shenanigans. See you at the end of Round 2.

Oh man, I actually somewhat vote that voting to forfeit Arizona’s first round pick would be pretty in line and funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Furnaceface posted:

Preemptively warning everyone that I will be missing when my pick comes up due to being at work until 6pm so feel free to skip me.

You can always PM a list of guys to someone who will be around who can pick for you. You could make a list of your top 6 choices and with the way some of these knuckleheads draft out of the gate you can probably get the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Starsfan posted:

Monday 10:00 am EST

god damned eastern bias

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well if folks weren't opposed I wouldn't be against kicking things off but not starting the clock until monday

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Let's kick it off if people are ready now.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Well if folks weren't opposed I wouldn't be against kicking things off but not starting the clock until monday

Only if the 1st OVA is a gimmick pick for maximum hilarity

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Might as well

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hello to the nation state of SAS, and thank you for hosting.
In 2016 a mistake was made that has haunted me for years. It has served as my definitive proof that the hockey gods are not real and that if Gary Bettman does rig the drafts, he does it very poorly.

But now that mistake will be rectified - and while few would argue that our selection is the #1 player in the league, maybe not even a top 5 in his position, he is the franchise player the Coyotes need and deserve to build around.
He can score goals, he can grow a shoddy mustache, and most importantly, he is the most notable Arizonan to ever play the game:

Welcome home, Auston Matthews

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hello to the nation state of SAS, and thank you for hosting.
In 2016 a mistake was made that has haunted me for years. It has served as my definitive proof that the hockey gods are not real and that if Gary Bettman does rig the drafts, he does it very poorly.

But now that mistake will be rectified - and while few would argue that our selection is the #1 player in the league, maybe not even a top 5 in his position, he is the franchise player the Coyotes need and deserve to build around.
He can score goals, he can grow a shoddy mustache, and most importantly, he is the most notable Arizonan to ever play the game:

Welcome home, Auston Matthews

Ahhh SAS never disappoints

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

You bastard

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

McDavid to T-Bone is BS I'm calling collusion

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look we all know a good storyline is more important to your cup chances than having the best players.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Arizona as a franchise is much more interested in off-ice drama than on-ice success so I applaud this pick :golfclap:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

McDavid is a playoff choker anyway and definitely not worth a top 16 pick.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

McWho?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I had a gimmick team in mind but then saw I was picking second and had a chance to draft this guy so I'm going to be very boring and do it

From one hell hole to another, welcome to Florida Connor McDavid!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
The Dallas Stars also get the chance to correct a mistake from a few years ago, it's not too often that you get a 2nd chance to acquire a potentially generational talent that you passed on in the entry draft but we will do just that right now by selecting Cale Makar.

I entered into this draft hoping to get Makar as my first selection and when I got awarded the 3rd pick I was obviously quite excited :)

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

The Chicago Blawkhawks are proud to draft, without asking for permission or consent, Nathan MacKinnon.

He has good numbers and numbers must go up. A gimmick can start much later I assume, not passing on this opportunity for now.

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 29, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

whoever has admin in the spreadsheet will want to change the column headers for the cap hits to 2021/22, 2022/23, and 2023/24 cap hits :)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Starsfan posted:

whoever has admin in the spreadsheet will want to change the column headers for the cap hits to 2021/22, 2022/23, and 2023/24 cap hits :)

Wait cap hits matter in this thing?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

kalensc posted:

Wait cap hits matter in this thing?

Well you should try your best to draft a team that complies with the cap in the spirit of the draft, but if you go over it's not the end of the world..

It's actually really hard to go over the cap unless you intentionally draft bad contracts as a gimmick

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm gonna be really interested to see if this draft skews as heavily towards prospects/youth as it has in the past given how relatively weak the prospect pool feels/how hosed up the junior and lower leagues have been the last 2 years
It seems harder to get a grasp on what's coming up in the pipeline, at least for me

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I will make my pick in the morning before I go to work and give mentholmoose a chance (though I doubt he will take who I have planned).

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

I will make my pick in the morning before I go to work and give mentholmoose a chance (though I doubt he will take who I have planned).

yeah to be clear my understanding the clock hasn't started yet on anyone - people just made some picks in advance to get the ball rolling

You can't jump mentholmoose until the clock actually starts tomorrow morning at 10 EST and he gets his 2 hours to make his pick.. I expect he will be pretty on the ball, he is running the draft ;)

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Starsfan posted:

yeah to be clear my understanding the clock hasn't started yet on anyone - people just made some picks in advance to get the ball rolling

You can't jump mentholmoose until the clock actually starts tomorrow morning at 10 EST and he gets his 2 hours to make his pick.. I expect he will be pretty on the ball, he is running the draft ;)

Heh you’d think that, but I forgot entirely until you PM’d me.

I’ll take a good center, Leon Draisaitl.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Posting from work because I totally didn't forget.

Vancouver is happy to take future hall of famer and Gretzky record breaker Alex Ovechkin.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

mentholmoose posted:

Heh you’d think that, but I forgot entirely until you PM’d me.

I’ll take a good center, Leon Draisaitl.

Are enough of us on discord to use that for poking people when they're on-deck?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Remember to post your picks to the spreadsheet!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

kalensc posted:

Are enough of us on discord to use that for poking people when they're on-deck?

If someone wants to pm me the link to the discord id be much obliged

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Same

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Starsfan posted:

Done. BTW the fantasy channel is intuitively named #trevor-lewis-cant-lose

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Awesome thanks FBS

someone prod lazerwolf with a stick, he's up to pick with the Colorado Avalanche :)

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Starsfan posted:

yeah I could go for the discord as well.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

MononcQc posted:

yeah I could go for the discord as well.

done

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Here's the Discord invite link: https://discord.gg/tQB4pzMY

Should be good for a few days.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I can’t seem to edit the spreadsheet.

Colorado Avalanche select Nikita Kucherov

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

lazerwolf posted:

I can’t seem to edit the spreadsheet.

Weird, I dunno why it's not working for you. Anybody else having issues?

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Is it my turn now?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Technetium posted:

Is it my turn now?

Yep! Well over 2 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

In that case the Nashville Predators are proud to select, for the first time in franchise history, a young first line center! Welcome to Nashville Elias Pettersson!