Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

HAS Fantasy Productions presents: The 2021-2022 Winnipeg Jets

Andrei Vasilevskiy as Connor Hellebuyck
Shea Theodore as Josh Morrissey
Anze Kopitar as Mark Scheifele
Jakub Vrana as Kyle Connor
Oliver Bjorkstrand as Nikolaj Ehlers
Jamie Benn as Captain Blake Wheeler
Ryan Getzlaf as Paul Stastny
Pius Suter as Adam Lowry
Jamie Oleksiak as Brendan Dillon
Jesperi Kotkaniemi as Pierre-Luc Dubois
Cam Fowler as Nate Schmidt
Brandon Tanev as Andrew Copp
Scott Mayfield as Dylan DeMelo
Mikey Anderson as Neal Pionk
Mathieu Perreault as Riley Nash
Kaapo Kahkonen as Eric Comrie
Morgan Geekie as Kristian Vesalainen
Sami Niku as Ville Heinola
Jimmy Vesey as Evegeny Svechnikov
Andrej Sustr as Logan Stanely
Brandon Duhaime as Jansen Harkins
Mackenzie Entwistle as Dominic Toninato
Codie Curran as Nathan Beaulieu

and featuring Paul Maurice as himself

This didn't turn into a gimmick team until after my second pick, and I noticed the parallels between Theodore and Josh Morrissey. Since this was my first year drafting for the Jets I decided then to mirror the real WInnipeg roster as close as I could without picking any current Jets (a bad habit I have in any fantasy hockey is taking way too many Jets, and I still wound up taking three former Jets anyway). Beyond matching player for player I had two other goals for this team: 1) Get as close to the salary cap as possible and 2) Lock this roster in - just like the real Jets the contract situation is such that what you see now is what you're stuck with for a while.

It's obvious in hindsight but I did not anticipate how much the Jets lineup would change once training camp started. Some of the players I chose based on last year's lines are now pretty badly out of place, especially Getzlaf as Stastny (2C last year, middle six winger this year) and Tanev as Copp (who is currently playing 1C while Scheifele is out. I really should have found someone with offensive upside instead of Tanev who I love dearly but is not a top 6 player). Nevertheless I didn't bother trying to find a Cole Perfetti because I knew Maurice would never keep him around this year.

Ignoring the COVID situation this is roughly what this roster would look like the way PoMo had the Jets looking at the start of the year. Not the best team but it was fun to put together:

Vrana - Kopitar - Benn
Getzlaf - Kotkianemi - Bjorkstrand
Tanev - Suter - Vesey
Perreault - Geekie - Duhaime
Entwistle

Oleksiak - Theodore
Fowler - Mayfield
Anderson - Sustr
Curran
AHL: Niku

Vasilevskiy
Kahkonen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

CBJSprague24 posted:

By signing him, the Columbus Blue Jackets assembled a roster of 23 players who were pretty much BPA at the time of their selections and, completely unintentionally until the last pick, have built a team that is spent exactly to the salary cap.

This is impressive. Sadly, the Flyers can only get $21,668 short of the cap. Their final selection is 7th defenseman Colin Miller.

Max Pacioretty-Leon Draisaitl-Patric Hornqvist
Tomas Tatar-Yanni Gourde-Joel Farabee
Anton Lundell-Dylan Strome-Michael Raffl
Blake Lizotte-Radek Faksa-Wade Allison
Eetu Luostarinen

Thomas Chabot-Matt Dumba
Travis Sanheim-Dante Fabbro
Cam York-Alex Goligoski
Colin Miller

Juuse Saros
Anton Khudobin

Minors: Bobby Brink

Coach: Bruce Boudreau

My intent with the Flyers was to draft an offense focused team, one that could score really well. The defense is definitely offense-first, but I'm hoping that Saros and Khudobin can both bail the team out if there's any issues, and let the forwards (particularly the top two lines) outscore the other team. I anticipate a lot of high event hockey ahead for them.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
The Blues final pick is going to also be a 7th defenseman, Chris Wideman. He's had mediocre fancy stats on some terrible Ottawa teams, so hopefully he can be a bit better in a limited role here.

Gabe Landeskog-Alex Barkov-Nino Niederreiter
Alex Lafreniere-Jordan Staal-Eeli Tolvanen
Jordan Greenway-Adam Henrique-Connor McMichael
Jonathan Dahlen-Scott Laughton-Barclay Goodrow
Brandon Hagel

Mattias Ekholm-Ryan Ellis
Gustav Forsling-Jared Spurgeon
Trevor van Riemsdyk-Troy Stecher
Chris Wideman

Jake Oettinger
Alexandar Georgiev

Minors: Zayde Wisdom

Coach: Ken Hitchcock

My plan for the Blues was to create a very good two way team, a team that would be very difficult to play against and would not give much space to work. I'm particularly happy with the top line and the defense, all of whom have solid defensive reputations. The top line in particular will be incredibly difficult to play against and ought to score quite a bit on their own. The second and third line both have talented wingers centered by solid veterans who can play in both ends, and Staal and Henrique should allow the more offensive talents (particularly McMichael and Lafreniere) to excel. The fourth line is a tenacious checking line and in Laughton and Dahlen has a bit of scoring touch on their own. The goalies, Oettinger and Georgiev, were more chosen on age and potential talent than current talent. Ideally they will have it fairly easy with the skaters in front of them, and should have time and space to grow into solid players.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Les Pingouins are ready to scrap their way to subpar mediocrity.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

kalensc posted:

Les Pingouins are ready to scrap their way to subpar mediocrity.

For a restrictive gimmick this team is not bad. The defense is scary but the top-six is pretty fun.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Somebody post my lineup and then tell me how good or bad it is (phone posting oh ya)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

stab posted:

Somebody post my lineup and then tell me how good or bad it is (phone posting oh ya)

Not gonna do that (because I don’t have it), but this is my moment to unveil the secret scout Carolina had and give credit where credit is due. In particular , I would never have thought of drafting Logan Mallioux without you suggesting it, so kudos.

Phone posting oh ya !

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

stab posted:

Here's what I got

quote:

The Ghost of Pat Burns

Debrincat - Suzuki - Batherson
Fiala - Monahan - Kapanen
Formenton - R. Strome - Tippett
Evans - Lapierre - Anderson

Ex: Alex Turcotte

Hedman - Boqvist
Hague - Doughty
Chiarot - Montour

Ex: Jake Sanderson, Logan Stanley

Carey Price
Karel Vejmelka

Debrincat feels a little early at 43 and I think your depth suffers from a real game breaking forward because of that (when there were some still on the table), but maybe some other folks are higher on him than me. Suzuki is probably good but having a rough start like all the Habs, Monahan is maybe cooked... the centers are just big question marks for me.
Defense seems pretty okay though - Doughty getting second pairing minutes might be better for him. Montour is statistically one of the worst d-men in the league though so... Maybe that was buffalo or maybe that was him. Remains to be seen.

Probably better than the real habs - shockingly similar composition to them (was that a gimmick?).

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I do appreciate that even some of the gimmick teams would pass as an actual NHL roster. Whether thats a testament to goons or a condemnation of real life NHL GMs is up to you to decide.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Probably better than the real habs - shockingly similar composition to them (was that a gimmick?).

Yep, except with better defense...and much younger

Phone posting oh ya

stab fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 25, 2021

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

code:
Andrew Mangiapane - Ryan O'Reilly - TJ Oshie
Marcus Foligno - Joel Eriksson-Ek - Nico Sturm
Shane Pinto - JG Pageau - Andrew Cogliano
Michael McLeod - Johan Larsson - Riley Nash

Devon Toews - Charlie McAvoy
Jon Merrill - Chris Tanev
Zach Whitecloud - Patrik Nemeth
Mark Pysyk

Calvin Petersen
Mikko Koskinen

PROSPECTS: Matt Beniers, Dylan Guenther

COACH: Jacques Lemaire
I really like this team. There are no 30-goal scorers on it, but there's depth and obviously, the defense is a stone wall. All of my forwards are excellent defensively, and maybe half of them rank in the 98-100 percentile of 5-on-5 defensive analytics. Same goes for my defense -- I have a dominant first pair followed by four 92-100 percentile D, with a very nice 7th D in Pysyk. Petersen I think is a terrific starter (although unproven, if he flops this year, that's a big issue) and Koskinen is a backup goaltender who exists and is eh.

All things said, this team with Lemaire at the helm should win a lot of tight defensive games.

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 25, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I thought that offense was gonna make their contention a non-starter but I did the math with some generous projections and if Pinto and Sturm break out they could crack 200GF over a full season assuming you get performance like

code:
25 - 25 - 25
15 - 20 - 15
10 - 15 - 10
5 - 5 - 5

10 - 5
5 - 5
3 - 3
Granted, I think that's a pretty optimistic projection and if you back through the last few full seasons the last team to make it to the playoffs without cracking 200gf was Carolina in 2015-16. Your team is definitely better than that team was so it's not impossible but it'd be rough going if the kids don't pan out or if the heavy hitters in Mangiapane/Oshie regress.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I thought that offense was gonna make their contention a non-starter but I did the math with some generous projections and if Pinto and Sturm break out they could crack 200GF over a full season assuming you get performance like

code:
25 - 25 - 25
15 - 20 - 15
10 - 15 - 10
5 - 5 - 5

10 - 5
5 - 5
3 - 3
Granted, I think that's a pretty optimistic projection and if you back through the last few full seasons the last team to make it to the playoffs without cracking 200gf was Carolina in 2015-16. Your team is definitely better than that team was so it's not impossible but it'd be rough going if the kids don't pan out or if the heavy hitters in Mangiapane/Oshie regress.

This is why Lemaire was so key. If he could take the 2001 Wild to the Finals, this team should contend.

PS. I think Mangiapane could crack 30.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

WeaponX posted:

For a restrictive gimmick this team is not bad. The defense is scary but the top-six is pretty fun.

Merci! And yeah, it's a team where the defense in 2015 and bottom 6 in 2025 would be rather potent, but in 2021 it's rather shaky haha.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Detroit / Team ELC
code:
Jason Robertson	Quinton Byfield	Martin Necas
Vitaly Kravtsov	Kirby Dach	Vasily Podkolzin
Mikhail Maltsev	Cody Glass	Sampo Ranta
John Leonard	Barrett Hayton	**Fabian Lysell**
Loui Eriksson	
Jonathan Toews	Jeff Skinner

LD	RD	
Moritz Seider	Adam Fox	
Jack Rathbone	Nikolai Knyzhov	
Mario Ferraro	Victor Soderstrom	
Shea Weber		

G		
Spencer Knight		
Sergei Bobrovsky		

Miroslav Satan	

This team is terrible, I picked Spencer Knight super early because he was by far the best goal option, having a top rookie centre would have helped this team look at all competitive. Obviously it was never going to be a good team, but I was surprised how quickly some mid range rookies went. End up with quite a few guys who ive never heard of/didn't even end up making the big team..

Just missed out on the cap floor, however i'm like 900,000 short, so I can put Weber on Injured Reserve (not LTIR) and get the roster spot and pick one more guy which would get me there. So i've put Fabian Lysell in ** above as that guy, because none of this matters and I can. Which means I've kinda made a compliant team with 50 odd million sitting in the press box, which is an achievement of sorts.

Seattle Kraken

code:
Jonathan Marchessault	Nick Scmaltz			Mikko Rantanen
Janne Kuokkanen		Christian Dvorak		Craig Smith
Tanner Pearson		Casey Mittelstadt		Warren Foegele
Mason McTavish		Jason Dickinson			Tyler Motte
Brendan Perlini		

Roman Josi	Ryan McDonagh	
Torey Krug	Tucker Poolman	
Brendan Dillon	Philippe Myers	

Darcy Kuemper 		
Mike Smith		

Rod Brind'Amour		

System: Simon Edvinsson		
System: Jesper Wallstedt		
Other than a proper high end centre i'm happy with this team - Scmaltz and Dvorak are good, but I think I said this before - if you need a goal and want to put out some guys to be the difference makers in the last minute, not sure my centres have that in them, Maybe McTavish becomes that in a few years? Wings are good, not great, but I dont think any of the lines should get caved in on too much. Quite like my PK options of Dvorak/Foegele/Dickinson/Motte.

2 solid goalies (even if one is 39..) and a replacement in the wings. My defence can certainly score, with both Josi and Krug being good PP contributors - but not the all offence no defence kind of team i've drafted in the past. I think my bottom two pairs will benefit from playing lower down the lineup/ less responsibility given my top pair will play huge minutes.

Only big roster issue is it's only a 21 man roster, not having a 7th D on the roster isn't great, but no teams ever fully healthy so it would likely end up working out fine with callups, but might play a game or two with only 5D!
--

Has been fun!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Sooooo whats happening with this? There's still people with picks left to make.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I cannot find anyone who is a steal, so I'm going to pick Ryan Reeves to keep the Tom Wilson away.

That puts me roughly at:

code:
Stone - Hintz - Burakovsky
Barrie - Schultz	

McCann - Duchene - Donskoi
Kalynuk - Lindell

Dube - Coleman - Armia
MacArnold - Sekera

Glendening - Nosek - Ruotsalainen

Jarry
DeSmith

Joel Quenneville

Extras: Lammikko, Reeves
That is terrible. Can I trade Quenneville now that he is a proven abuser?

Kuule hain nussivan fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 29, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Go for it - it's just a coach and he's a monster. gently caress him to the ash heap of history.
(or team Jerks - who I'm surprised didn't take Babcock for a coach)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

I cannot find anyone who is a steal, so I'm going to pick Ryan Reeves to keep the Tom Wilson away.

That puts me roughly at:

code:
Stone - Hintz - Burakovsky
Barrie - Schultz	

McCann - Duchene - Donskoi
Kalynuk - Lindell

Dube - Coleman - Armia
MacArnold - Sekera

Glendening - Nosek - Ruotsalainen

Jarry
DeSmith

Joel Quenneville

Extras: Lammikko, Reeves
That is terrible. Can I trade Quenneville now that he is a proven abuser?

Wasn't Ryan Reaves picked by Carolina?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wasn't Ryan Reaves picked by Carolina?

This might very well be, since searching the sheet is very unhelpful when I can't remember his name. He can be replaced by any punchy man available.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Ryan Reaves is a proud Ottawa Senator

Check row 277

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ryan reeves was loving robbed from Carolina like, in the first 4 rounds. It was a travesty , it was some bullshit, and I am still upset over it.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Time for numbers:

code:
Player		Salary		Age 	Tm 	Pos 	GP 	G 	A 	PTS 	+/- 	PIM 	EV 	PP 	SH 	GW 	S 	S% 	ATOI	ATOI
Andrew Copp	$3,640,000	27	WPG	C	14	5	10	15	9	4	3	1	1	1	30	16.7	286	20:27
Dawson Mercer	$894,167	20	NJD	C	14	5	6	11	7	10	5	0	0	0	33	15.2	217	15:31
Brayden Point	$6,750,000	25	TBL	C	13	5	5	10	5	7	5	0	0	0	30	16.7	256	19:44
Jake Guentzel	$6,000,000	27	PIT	C	13	4	6	10	-4	8	4	0	0	0	39	10.3	246	18:53
Ondrej Palat	$5,300,000	30	TBL	LW	13	4	5	9	1	8	4	0	0	0	26	15.4	216	16:38
Cam Atkinson	$5,875,000	32	PHI	RW	13	6	2	8	7	2	5	0	1	0	38	15.8	205	15:46
Cole Sillinger	$925,000	18	CBJ	C	12	4	3	7	0	10	4	0	0	0	34	11.8	174	14:28
Dominik Kubalík	$3,700,000	26	CHI	LW	15	3	4	7	-8	6	1	2	0	0	36	8.3	243	16:13
Zach Werenski	$5,000,000	24	CBJ	D	12	2	5	7	-2	4	1	1	0	0	42	4.8	314	26:12
Mac Weegar	$3,250,000	28	FLA	D	15	0	6	6	9	8	0	0	0	0	30	0	359	23:56
Daniel Sprong	$725,000	24	WSH	RW	14	3	2	5	5	2	3	0	0	0	27	11.1	174	12:24
Ethan Bear	$2,000,000	24	CAR	D	13	0	4	4	6	10	0	0	0	0	18	0	237	18:16
BO Groulx	$822,500	21	ANA	C	15	1	2	3	1	2	1	0	0	0	14	7.1	171	11:26
Noah Hanifin	$4,950,000	25	CGY	D	14	0	3	3	8	0	0	0	0	0	28	0	303	21:40
Alex Newhook	$908,333	21	COL	C	3	1	1	2	1	2	1	0	0	0	5	20	41	13:38
Jake Neighbours	$866,667	19	STL	LW	9	1	1	2	-2	2	1	0	0	0	8	12.5	84	09:21
Sean Walker	$2,650,000	27	LAK	D	6	0	2	2	-1	4	0	0	0	0	18	0	110	18:22
Thomas Harley	$863,333	20	DAL	D	4	0	0	0	1	0	0	0	0	0	5	0	57	14:11

Total/Average	$55,120,000	24.3	-	-	12	44	67	111	43	89	38	4	2	1	461	9.5%	3693.0	17:25
Copp is continuing his hot start, otherwise, pretty much all of my vets are at most meeting expectations. D scoring is particularly underwhelming. I have inexplicably seen a bunch of Hawks games (against better and more entertaining Eastern teams) and noted that Kubalik seems to like making risky passes that are often way off target in the o-zone. Also, Sean Walker's knee died (rip and RIP, :rimshot:).

The young'uns, on the other hand, are almost all meeting or exceeding expectations. Mercer's kicking rear end and Sillinger is somehow staying up as an 18-year-old. Mercer's been so good that it doesn't even matter that Newhook was down in the A until a few weeks ago. Matthew Boldy is still injured. Jake Neighbours got sent back to the W (probably better for him), but that's given the Blues room to recall D Scott Perunovich, who is leading the A in scoring with 20 pts in 12 games (next Justin Schultz? I think so, but I hope he doesn't take as long to make an impact). Braden Schneider is doing fine in the AHL as well.

code:
Player 		Salary		Age 	Tm 	GP	GS	W 	L 	T/O 	GA 	SA 	SV 	SV%	GAA 	SO 	MIN 
Jack Campbell	$1,650,000	30	TOR	13	12	8	3	1	22	361	339	0.939	1.82	2	726
Antti Raanta	$2,000,000	32	CAR	2	1	1	0	0	3	30	27	0.9	2.49	0	72

Total/Average	$58,770,000	24.7		15	13	9	3	1	25	391	366	0.936	1.88	2	798
Jack Campbell for Vezina.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Mangiapane was a pretty good pick

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kyle Capobianco was purely a gimmick pick but he's actually got two points this season.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Capobianco-Whitecloud is a great gimmick pairing.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Very excited that Elias Pettersson turned into a pumpkin this year

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

eXXon posted:

Time for numbers:

code:
Player		Salary		Age 	Tm 	Pos 	GP 	G 	A 	PTS 	+/- 	PIM 	EV 	PP 	SH 	GW 	S 	S% 	ATOI	ATOI
Andrew Copp	$3,640,000	27	WPG	C	14	5	10	15	9	4	3	1	1	1	30	16.7	286	20:27
Dawson Mercer	$894,167	20	NJD	C	14	5	6	11	7	10	5	0	0	0	33	15.2	217	15:31
Brayden Point	$6,750,000	25	TBL	C	13	5	5	10	5	7	5	0	0	0	30	16.7	256	19:44
Jake Guentzel	$6,000,000	27	PIT	C	13	4	6	10	-4	8	4	0	0	0	39	10.3	246	18:53
Ondrej Palat	$5,300,000	30	TBL	LW	13	4	5	9	1	8	4	0	0	0	26	15.4	216	16:38
Cam Atkinson	$5,875,000	32	PHI	RW	13	6	2	8	7	2	5	0	1	0	38	15.8	205	15:46
Cole Sillinger	$925,000	18	CBJ	C	12	4	3	7	0	10	4	0	0	0	34	11.8	174	14:28
Dominik Kubalík	$3,700,000	26	CHI	LW	15	3	4	7	-8	6	1	2	0	0	36	8.3	243	16:13
Zach Werenski	$5,000,000	24	CBJ	D	12	2	5	7	-2	4	1	1	0	0	42	4.8	314	26:12
Mac Weegar	$3,250,000	28	FLA	D	15	0	6	6	9	8	0	0	0	0	30	0	359	23:56
Daniel Sprong	$725,000	24	WSH	RW	14	3	2	5	5	2	3	0	0	0	27	11.1	174	12:24
Ethan Bear	$2,000,000	24	CAR	D	13	0	4	4	6	10	0	0	0	0	18	0	237	18:16
BO Groulx	$822,500	21	ANA	C	15	1	2	3	1	2	1	0	0	0	14	7.1	171	11:26
Noah Hanifin	$4,950,000	25	CGY	D	14	0	3	3	8	0	0	0	0	0	28	0	303	21:40
Alex Newhook	$908,333	21	COL	C	3	1	1	2	1	2	1	0	0	0	5	20	41	13:38
Jake Neighbours	$866,667	19	STL	LW	9	1	1	2	-2	2	1	0	0	0	8	12.5	84	09:21
Sean Walker	$2,650,000	27	LAK	D	6	0	2	2	-1	4	0	0	0	0	18	0	110	18:22
Thomas Harley	$863,333	20	DAL	D	4	0	0	0	1	0	0	0	0	0	5	0	57	14:11

Total/Average	$55,120,000	24.3	-	-	12	44	67	111	43	89	38	4	2	1	461	9.5%	3693.0	17:25
Copp is continuing his hot start, otherwise, pretty much all of my vets are at most meeting expectations. D scoring is particularly underwhelming. I have inexplicably seen a bunch of Hawks games (against better and more entertaining Eastern teams) and noted that Kubalik seems to like making risky passes that are often way off target in the o-zone. Also, Sean Walker's knee died (rip and RIP, :rimshot:).

The young'uns, on the other hand, are almost all meeting or exceeding expectations. Mercer's kicking rear end and Sillinger is somehow staying up as an 18-year-old. Mercer's been so good that it doesn't even matter that Newhook was down in the A until a few weeks ago. Matthew Boldy is still injured. Jake Neighbours got sent back to the W (probably better for him), but that's given the Blues room to recall D Scott Perunovich, who is leading the A in scoring with 20 pts in 12 games (next Justin Schultz? I think so, but I hope he doesn't take as long to make an impact). Braden Schneider is doing fine in the AHL as well.

code:
Player 		Salary		Age 	Tm 	GP	GS	W 	L 	T/O 	GA 	SA 	SV 	SV%	GAA 	SO 	MIN 
Jack Campbell	$1,650,000	30	TOR	13	12	8	3	1	22	361	339	0.939	1.82	2	726
Antti Raanta	$2,000,000	32	CAR	2	1	1	0	0	3	30	27	0.9	2.49	0	72

Total/Average	$58,770,000	24.7		15	13	9	3	1	25	391	366	0.936	1.88	2	798
Jack Campbell for Vezina.

Right, but who are the penalty minutes leaders? Asking for a friend.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

OK, checking in my team.

Oshie: 10-4-4-8
O'Reilly: 21-4-9-13
Mangiapane: 26-17-3-20

Ek: 25-10-7-17
Foligno: 25-11-6-17
Sturm: 25-4-5-9

Pinto: 5-0-1-1
Pageau: 20-3-4-7
Cogliano: 22-2-4-6

McLeod: 24-1-4-5
Nash: 15-0-0-0
Larsson: 16-0-5-5

McAvoy: 21-3-11-14
Toews: 14-4-13-17

Tanev: 26-1-6-7
Whitecloud: 13-3-1-4

Merrill: 25-2-6-8
Nemeth: 25-0-2-2
Pysyk: 25-0-4-4

Petersen: 3.10 / .893
Koskinen: 3.04 / .907

Sorry for bad formatting but it seems like this team is basically what I expected. All of my defensive specialists are still incredible defensively, and Ek/Foligno have been a really nice offensive duo this year on top of elite defense. Mangiapane gives me a scorer. McAvoy and Toews are both top 5 D in the league this season (Toews when healthy is playing 25 mins a game and had 17 pts in 14 games).

The only bummer really is goaltending. Koskinen has been a respectable backup but Petersen has struggled. I'm banking on him coming back around and even if he's an average goalie this team should win plenty of low-scoring games.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Taylor Hall - Matt Barzal - Oliver Wahlstrom
Ivan Barbashyov - Charlie Coyle - Evgenii Dadonov
Alex Kerfoot - Peyton Krebs - Lucas Raymond
Matthias Janmark - I cba to find another C that hasn't been picked - Grigori Denisenko

Brayden McNabb - Alex Pietrangelo
Ty Smith - Ville Heinola
Cal Foote - Justin Braun

Chad Ruhwedel

Igor Shesterkin
Jake Allen
Josef Korenar

Pete DeBoer

Basically, heavy on Islanders and Golden Knights, so a whole bunch of meh without any really crushing disappointments. Ty Smith probably the highest round real whiff.

Notable not meh performances by the godlike Igor Shesterkin and his 0.937 sv%, potential Calder winner Lucas Raymond and his ten goals at near ppg, and a sneaky Alex Kerfoot coming in at +14. Best value pick was Ivan Barbashev and his 8 goals 17 points in the 20th round.

Krebs, Denisenko, Korenar and Heinola all in the AHL. I'd hoped a couple would stick in the big show

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Columbus:

RNH: 25GP 2-21-23
Stamkos: 25GP 13-19-32
Eberle: 24GP 12-5-17
-The buzzsaw I hoped it might be.

N. Foligno: 15GP 0-4-4
Malkin (IR): 0GP 0-0-0
Sheary: 20GP 5-4-9
-Meh. Gambled on Malkin coming back and lost, but there's still time.

Namestnikov: 27GP 8-6-14
Trocheck: 25GP 6-11-17
Lehkonen: 28GP 3-7-10
-This line's doing fine and would be the "second" line on paper based on performance. But I'm not worried about forwards. (Keep pumping yourself up, you're gonna need it.)

Kuraly: 25GP 5-3-8
Stepan: 18GP 3-2-5
Neal: 17GP 2-2-4
-Fourth line does fourth line things.

Komarov (KHL): 1GP 0-0-0
-CBJSprague :ramsay:. Also, this means I have no spare forward, as my extra hosed Off To RussiaTM. What now?

Dunn: 24GP 2-8-10
Klingberg: 19GP 0-9-9

Murray: 17GP 0-4-4
Schmidt: 26GP 1-14-15

Gavrikov: 25GP 2-11-13
Kukan (IR): 2GP 0-0-0
-I'm alright with this so far. Schmidt is a bit of a surprise.

Capobianco: 11GP 2-3-5
-This was a complete gimmick pick and it actually paid off. Take a deep breath, though, OP. You knew this was coming.:

Grubauer: 21GP 7-11-2 3.16GA .887SV%
-AGM Boomer The Cannon :ramsay:

Korpisalo: 8GP 3-4-0 3.95GAA .885SV%
-This would probably be better if the CBJ hadn't fallen back into "We have a good starter again so don't play as well in front of Korpi" mode.

e- Pickard (AHL): 0-0-0 (17GP 9-5-2 2.40GAA .928SV% with Grand Rapids)

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 10, 2021

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

glynnenstein posted:

The Washington Captials select Kristian Vesalainen.

With a complete player roster, and $2,976 of remaining cap space, the team on the ice (and pressbox) looks like:

Panarin - Norris - Ehlers
Hyman - Backlund - Keller
Kempe - Rasmussen - Hartman
Dzingel - Gagner - Caggiula
Fischer, Vesalainen

Nurse - Pionk
Yandle - Faulk
Soucy - Myers
Hunt

Markstrom
Hutton

The team was expertly drafted in large part by The Athletic's fantasy ranking projections, though it wasn't out yet for the first couple rounds so we resorted to random google searched fantasy rankings. Surely this method has produced a remarkable team of striking hockey characteristics!

Checking in on Dom's squad we obviously use the most important metric: NHL.com's fantasy top 200 ranking.

#8 Panarin - selected 14
#26 Markstrom - selected 142
#37 Nurse - selected 78
#73 Hyman - selected 243
#77 Ehlers - selected 51
#98 Pionk - selected 179
#112 Hartman - selected 435
#113 Norris - selected 115
#193 Keller - selected 206

Recently dropped out of the top 200:
(22Gp 4G 6A 10P +9 2PPP 57S) Faulk - selected 334

Among my first 10 picks not appearing:
(24GP 0G 7A 7P -15 4PPP 48S) Yandle - selected 270
(27GP 4G 5A 9P +1 2PPP 57S) Backlund - selected 307

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Boston Bruins, not doin' a whole lotta scorin' and certainly not a lot of defensin'

Victor Olofsson 17 GP 5-10-15 -4
John Taveres 27GP 12-17-29 +3
Tyler Toffoli 26GP 5-12-17 -4

Drew O'Connor 14GP 3-2-5 +1
Brayden Schenn 17GP 4-4-8 +4
Bryan Rust 12GP 2-7-9 +1

Carl Hagelin 26GP 1-4-5 +5
Casey Cizikas 16GP 0-1-1 -6
Chris Wagner :iiam:

Nick Paul 24GP 3-1-4 -15
Ryan Donato 23GP 5-5-10 -7
Garnet Hathaway 25GP 7-2-9 +8

Mikhail Sergachev 24GP 2-11-13 -1
Nick Leddy 27GP 0-7-7 -8
John Marino 25GP 1-10-11 -4
Nikita Zadorov 20GP 2-2-4 +3
Michael Del Zotto 10GP 2-4-6 -9
Ian Cole 25GP 1-2-3 +6

Robin Lehner 20GP 10W 9L 3.10 GAA .906 SV%
Braden Holtby 13GP 5W 5L 2.42 GAA .923 SV%

Bench:

Nikita Gusev (KHL) 21GP 7-16-23 +2
Angus Crookshank (AHL) 19GP 5-11-16 -8
Filip Lindberg (AHL) 7GP 4W 2L 2.76 GAA .915 SV%

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Somebody check my team for a laugh

Woof whole lotta poo poo picks

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Can someone check for my team, but all I care about is penalty minutes.

Also, how many penalty minutes do I get for Rinaldo refusing to get vaccinated?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

The Chicago Blackhawks' Q1 report:

code:
                        GP   G   A    P     ±   PIM
Nathan MacKinnon        13   2   16   18    -3     6
Phil Kessel             25   3   11   14    -5     6
Phillip Danault         25   3    9   12    +4    14
Tony DeAngelo           20   4   15   19   +10    23
Blake Wheeler           21   0   14   14    -2    14
Mike Hoffman            16   4    4    8    -9     6
Andreas Athanasiou       9   3    3    6    +4     0
Erik Karlsson           21   7   10   17    +4    10
Luke Kunin              26   4    6   10    +7    15
Caleb Jones              7   0    0    0    -2     2
Zdeno Chara             19   0    2    2    -3    36
Nathan Gerbe             0   0    0    0     0     0
Antoine Roussel         21   3    0    3   -10    35
Milan Lucic             27   7    3   10    -2    31
Jérémy Lauzon            0   0    0    0     0     0
Josh Archibald           0   0    0    0     0     0
Nicolas Beaudin          1   0    0    0    -1     0
Zack Kassian            21   4    5    9    -4    27
Brett Kulak             24   1    5    6    -6    13
Brendan Lemieux         14   4    1    5    +5    32

GP   GS   Sv%   GAA   SO
Jonathan Quick          14   14  .931   2.11   2
Mackenzie Blackwood     13   12  .913   2.81   2
Louis Domingue           0    0  .000   0.00   0

Don Cherry
Can't say we're thrilled with our team's performance so far, but we're taking solace in the idea that our internal competition policy seems to have brought Erik Karlsson back into relevance, which we'll cherry-pick as a proof that our system works perfectly.

Also we wouldn't have predicted that somehow Milan Lucic is one of our best goal scorers, at a better rate than Nathan MacKinnon.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

stab posted:

Somebody check my team for a laugh

Woof whole lotta poo poo picks

If it wasnt for Ovi team Alphabet Soup would be even worse off than yours.

I still dont regret the gimmick though, it was a lot of fun to do.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Checking in on my team (Coyotes)
code:
			GP	G	A	P
Auston Matthews		28	20	13	33
Aaron Ekblad		31	9	16	25
Robert Thomas		26	3	22	25
Tyler Bertuzzi		25	13	9	22
Nico Hischier		28	6	14	20
Tanner Jeannot		33	10	10	20
Travis Konecny		32	5	14	19
Alexander Barabanov	28	5	13	18
Rasmus Andersson	30	0	16	16
Isac Lundestrom		35	7	9	16
Ivan Provorov		32	4	9	13
Dmitry Kulikov		30	3	10	13
Alexandre Carrier	30	2	10	12
JT Compher		16	6	5	11
Denis Gurianov		28	4	6	10
Tyson Jost		28	4	5	9
Matt Grzelcyk		28	1	6	7
Andrew Peeke		30	1	6	7
Jacob Peterson 		22	5	1	6
Yegor Chinakhov		21	1	3	4
Vladimir Tkachev	4	0	2	2

Don Granato					

Elvis Merzlikins					
Thomas Greiss					
That's good for 109 goals on the season (same as TB currently) but the goaltending and coaching are poo poo so probably as many goals against and the only good team in that position right now is Vegas so...
It would be entertaining. Some huge misses/underperformance from the folks I picked early but some surprising late picks (Jeannot, Lundestrom, Barabanov) carrying the weight.

I will check in with Lazerwolf's abandoned children next.

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 4, 2022

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The avs are terrible
code:
JT Miller		34	11	25	36
Evgeny Kuznetsov	31	11	22	33
Alex Killorn		34	9	20	29
Vinnie Hinostroza	31	6	19	25
Seth Jones		32	3	20	23
Jake Voracek		30	1	22	23
Brent Burns		33	4	15	19
Nicolas Roy		32	7	11	18
Connor Brown		25	4	13	17
Jeff Carter		27	9	8	17
Rasmus Asplund		33	5	10	15
Ross Colton		34	4	10	14
Duncan Keith		24	1	7	8
Philipp Kurashev	26	2	6	8
Jakob Chychrun		26	2	5	7
Martin Fehervary	31	3	3	6
Matt Nieto		26	2	4	6
Jasper Weatherby	29	2	4	6
Nikita Kucherov		3	1	3	4
Matt Kiersted		5	1	1	2
Conor Timmins		6	0	0	0

Rick Bowness					

Vitek Vanecek		16	0.91		
Jaroslav Halak		8	0.915	
88 goals on the season puts them bottom 10 in the league. The only decent team in that spot in real life is Boston and this team does not have the defense to only have Boston's 73 GA so they're almost certainly a basement team, but losing Kucherov is gonna do that to most teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

Can someone check for my team, but all I care about is penalty minutes.

Also, how many penalty minutes do I get for Rinaldo refusing to get vaccinated?

This team is surprisingly not terrible, carried by some unexpected performances early on
code:
			GP	G	A	P	PIM
Nazem Kadri		25	11	28	39	30
Chris Kreider		34	20	11	31	12
Brad Marchand		23	11	19	30	45
Tom Wilson		30	9	15	24	54
Max Domi		20	7	8	15	10
Corey Perry		34	8	6	14	37
Wayne Simmonds		30	4	6	10	40
Pat Maroon		33	6	4	10	54
Radko Gudas		30	0	8	8	33
Zach Bogosian		20	2	6	8	34
Luke Schenn		18	1	5	6	14
Andrew Ladd		22	5	1	6	16
Cal Clutterbuck		28	5	0	5	8
Erik Gudbranson		30	0	5	5	30
Joe Thornton		18	3	2	5	6
Brendan Smith		18	2	1	3	4
Austin Watson		16	2	0	2	32
Evander Kane		0	0	0	0	0
Zac Rinaldo		4	0	0	0	5
Logan Mailloux		0	0	0	0	0
Samuel Morin		0	0	0	0	0
				96			464
Craig Berube						

Jordan Binnington	19	0.91			
Martin Jones		13	0.906			
96 GF is middle of the league and given that you'd probably let Kane play you'd likely have 10 more, and Binnington is putting up average performance.
More importantly your 464 PIM absolutely crushes the current leader (Nashville at 387)