Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Ever find yourself unable to put down a game that you're just not impressed with? Maybe the collectables appeal to your specific atypical neurology. Maybe you're compelled by the characters but the gameplay's a turnoff. Maybe you just want to see what all the fuss is about.

There's a story of a young man who despite putting down fable one after a few hours and telling his friends and loved ones that fable two is just more of the same, continued to play for hundreds of hours. He explored all of the games systems, commanded the economy, owned lavish homes, took many wives and husbands, and walked down the path of evil and good many a time.

Sounds like a tall tale, doesn't it?

it's tru.

idk why but for about three months in college (right before dropping out) i played nothing but fable 2. i'd get out of bed and leave the console on until i went to sleep, but i can't even remember much about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9A6ctjHAxE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gravity rush 2 3 days ago. There's a good amount of games I've finished that I didnt wind up liking but usually they're pretty short and I just like to see endings.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i bought and beat 7th saga for like 3 dollars on ebay in college and beat it out of spite for ruining a weekend rental by tricking me into thinking it would be like final fantasy 2 or a dragon warrior game thanks to the enix branding when i was a child

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Watch Dogs Legion. Amazing drop in quality from 2 which against all odds managed to be fun.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

didn't we already have this thread a few weeks ago? anyway i finished Life is Strange 2 on the off chance it would get better but it didn't

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

man nurse posted:

Watch Dogs Legion. Amazing drop in quality from 2 which against all odds managed to be fun.

wait, watch dog legion is the third game? i thought it was 2 lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
yeah im pretty sure i have. cant think of any examples off the top of my head though. later

Reprogram Plus
Sep 24, 2007

Yakuza 4. I had too much respect for Kiryu to skip to the next game. 5 kinda feels like an apology lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Star Fox Adventures and God of War 2018. Farewell

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’m pretty sure I got 100% completion in Just Cause 1

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hate-finished P5 Royale even though I had checked out sometime toward the end of the main game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I hate-finished P5 Royale even though I had checked out sometime toward the end of the main game.

it couldn't be helped.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Borderlands: Pre-Sequel

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
also peggle 2 was tough. i really thought i wanted more peggle...

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i swear i've seen this happen to multiple people here

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

2:12 am… going back for more peggle

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i have told multiple people peggle is the best game in the orange box and believed it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Witcher 2 maybe. Might of stopped at the boss.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

The Witcher 2 maybe. Might of stopped at the boss.

i think i stopped half an hour into the witcher 2. it somehow played worse than witcher 1 despite everyone at the time saying it was a massive improvement lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

didn't we already have this thread a few weeks ago? anyway i finished Life is Strange 2 on the off chance it would get better but it didn't

This was mine, it had some good ideas and I was hoping it would all come together in the end but it didn’t really. Every episode felt completely disconnected, like a different writer or director was in charge of each one and none of them spoke to the others

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I beat all of the campaigns in resident evil 6 for some reason. Most of them are very bad

The mercenaries mode is still kind of fun though

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Shadow of Mordor. Kept thinking it was just about to end, but it never did.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Dawnguard dlc for Skyrim. Let's make a vampire hunting dlc entirely about searching for the last of the snow elves. I hate it with a passion and I'll never spend money on a bethesda game ever again

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

God of War (2005)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
getting a game genie led to a big weekend of beating a bunch of poo poo I could never finish, like Fester's Quest and Back to the Future, then never touching them again

Also any time I played a Rampage game I felt compelled to finish it all in one go, even though the novelty runs off by level 10 or so

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ive finished a lot of games that overstayed their welcome (assassins creed games, batman games, dragon quest 6) but not many that i didnt like. gta5 story maybe

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

i swear i've seen this happen to multiple people here

It happened to me too except I didn't actually finish the third semester after the big reveal of who the bad guy was, which was painfully obvious beforehand. Just immediately stopped caring about any kind of resolution, and I had already "beaten" the main game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont really invest a lot of time in a game if im not enjoying it.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i barely finish games i like op

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

back in high school my friend and I would go to hastings pretty much every weekend and rent a stinker of a game and blast through it in 1 or 2 nights. better days

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The Order 1886.

Luckily it was incredibly short but it was bad.

Also The Mummy Returns for GBC.

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth

Roundguard is a Peggle roguelike that doesn't feel like a stale retread if you ever get the fever again, they keep adding new content for free, it rules.

I had fun with The Maw and finished it, but then I did the DLC levels to be completionist and it really soured how I felt about the game as a whole, they were all padding without any real new ideas, absolute slogs with bad level design.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
MGS V and Death Stranding.

Kojima is a hack.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bioshock Infinite. The gameplay simply wasn't fun for me, but I somehow wanted to see the ending (which imo is pretty good, allthough the overall story sucks at points). And they managed to get me twice by also making me finishing the DLCs, which I didn't enjoy either.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

BluesShaman posted:

Kojima is a hack.

:buddy:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

BluesShaman posted:

Kojima is a hack.

gently caress You!