Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

figured it out

uggggghhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve been able to sneak in a few posts here and there but I must entrust most of the noob-slaying to symbolic and bolverkur for the next few days. Good luck and Godspeed gentlemen

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

also The Last Remnant

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’ve been able to sneak in a few posts here and there but I must entrust most of the noob-slaying to symbolic and bolverkur for the next few days. Good luck and Godspeed gentlemen

The IK team has been doing a great job

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

BluesShaman posted:

MGS V and Death Stranding.

Kojima is a hack.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://youtu.be/my0UnZ6fQtc

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

i want to kill

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Beffica posted:

Peggle roguelike

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bolverkur posted:

i want to kill

awaitng the next noob lurker to share an IZ post in the epic PYF funny quotes thread to start open season

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Reaction time is a factor in this, so please pay attention. now, answer as quickly as you can.

describe in single words only the good things that come in to your mind about Kojima games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Reaction time is a factor in this, so please pay attention. now, answer as quickly as you can.

describe in single words only the good things that come in to your mind about Kojima games.

HOLDEN: Ocelot is torturing you. You’re mashing the button to save Meryl, but then you decide to give in.
LEON: What do you mean I give in?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Holden: The Reticulated Python lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, trying to turn itself over but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

Leon: Right. But - how do they taste?

Holden: You’re actually going to eat one?

Leon: Why else would I be asking?

Holden: Cannibal.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Holden: The Reticulated Python lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, trying to turn itself over but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

Leon: Right. But - how do they taste?

Holden: You’re actually going to eat one?

Leon: Why else would I be asking?

Holden: Cannibal.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HOLDEN: Ocelot is torturing you. You’re mashing the button to save Meryl, but then you decide to give in.
LEON: What do you mean I give in?

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Vagrant Story

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Haze

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

axiom verge 2. that really sucked. no one should play this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol. the bob review is in boys, lets negative bomb this poo poo on steam

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

deus ex invisible war

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

nearly forgot that one.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Neir Automata

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Dark Ages was the game the guys that made the original 2d platformer version of duke nukem made before that game, it is not a very good game and was mostly sold on the gimmick of "having music", but a few years ago some dark supernatural force compelled me to muscle my way through all three episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMiDHqKT-8

i forget why i did it, which is probably why i'm thinking of doing it again at some point soon. it's a strange piece of history, a rehearsal before a successful game with all the mistakes still intact.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the moment I got the only interesting upgrade in the game it abruptly ended and rolled credits. the whole game feels like a troll, incredible stuff

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Kins posted:

Dark Ages was the game the guys that made the original 2d platformer version of duke nukem made before that game, it is not a very good game and was mostly sold on the gimmick of "having music", but a few years ago some dark supernatural force compelled me to muscle my way through all three episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMiDHqKT-8

i forget why i did it, which is probably why i'm thinking of doing it again at some point soon. it's a strange piece of history, a rehearsal before a successful game with all the mistakes still intact.

i'm glad they added a sound effect when you land from a jump

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Fallout 4. Man, gently caress that game.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

Fortaleza posted:

Fallout 4. Man, gently caress that game.

Same and I poured hundreds and hundreds of hours into New Vegas. Such a letdown

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
getting real i didn't have fun playing dmc3 on ps2. i just wanted to like it b/c it's such a cool game and crave gamer cred, but it's kind of a flawed game from the perspective of dmc4 or 5. it was just the lack of the modern dmc features, style switching and holding all your weapons is really nice as well as better controls.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Arkham City
just wasn't feeling the open world-ness of it. Loved the first one, though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

getting real i didn't have fun playing dmc3 on ps2. i just wanted to like it b/c it's such a cool game and crave gamer cred, but it's kind of a flawed game from the perspective of dmc4 or 5. it was just the lack of the modern dmc features, style switching and holding all your weapons is really nice as well as better controls.
It's probably hard to go back to and has some boring backtracking bits, you can still feel the series' weird origins as a mutant Resident Evil spinoff in some of the running back and forth with keys and puzzles. I still love it for some of the boss fights and the fact that it's consistently hard.

I think the newer versions have style switching and stuff but I'm not sure

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i think someone made a style switcher mod for dmc3 in the hd collection, it's on my to do list. i really don't dislike anything about the game except the big 'early 3d game' feel, and i usually like ps2 jank. even the backtracking is pretty cool, and they always do it anyway.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The recent switch port added style switching

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the switch is the console everyone's uncle was working on all those years ago

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
The only games I finished out of spite were from the N64 days and ealier, back when lovely games were 5 hours long and not 150. And also when you don't have a lot of games you have to take whatever is on your plate. So it's the weekend and all I'd have is the Batman Forever game for the genesis, and it somehow feels like a waste to not play it to death before returning it to the video store

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

i think someone made a style switcher mod for dmc3 in the hd collection, it's on my to do list. i really don't dislike anything about the game except the big 'early 3d game' feel, and i usually like ps2 jank. even the backtracking is pretty cool, and they always do it anyway.

Honestly I'll take 3 level backtracking over having to play as V every run of 5

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I actually really like the weird quasi-resident evil stuff in the old dmc games. dmc4 and 5 play infinitely better in fights but I like the way levels are structured a lot more in the old games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Reaverbot posted:

I actually really like the weird quasi-resident evil stuff in the old dmc games. dmc4 and 5 play infinitely better in fights but I like the way levels are structured a lot more in the old games

Same tbh.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
there's so little to do in the dmc5 levels especially, it's wild. there wasn't even much to do between fights in 3 or 4 imo but i know you gotta choose what you work on and the action is always the best in the business.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I liked the V levels as a change of pace from the usual DMC gameplay but I feel like they'd be a drag playing again

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i'm so sick of tentacles, there's even some in dishonored 2. get that freaky poo poo out of my games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I liked the V levels as a change of pace from the usual DMC gameplay but I feel like they'd be a drag playing again

same, felt like a cool prototype of something that could be cool someday, but in game he's less fleshed out than nero in 4 and that's what i kinda thought about him.