Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

same, felt like a cool prototype of something that could be cool someday, but in game he's less fleshed out than nero in 4 and that's what i kinda thought about him.

Agreed, it's a cool idea definitely but he has some really slogging slow-walking sections and other fail stuff like that and you can get SSS just by standing to the side and mashing a single button. I think someone said in the newer version you can switch to Vergil for those levels or something at least, but for some reason they're not putting that on PC lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Jesus Christ.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

The only thing that comes to mind is Quest 64, but I think at the time I actually liked it.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

every lucasarts adventure i gamefaqsed my way through

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i bought and beat 7th saga for like 3 dollars on ebay in college and beat it out of spite for ruining a weekend rental by tricking me into thinking it would be like final fantasy 2 or a dragon warrior game thanks to the enix branding when i was a child

the american localization of that game is broken enough that it's actually really hard to beat. someone tweaked the player and enemy stats at the last minute without checking to see how it actually affected gameplay.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Darksiders. Kept waiting for it to become anything but a tedious Zelda/God of War mashup but nope

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Banjo Tooie I guess. Luckily I never got exposed to DK64, definitely woulda 100%ed that

Jedi: Fallen Order was pretty bad too. I guess these are more "games I regret getting 100% completion in" but yeah that game was basic as hell, and there was one lightsaber stab move that's like ten times better than every other move so combat gets super dumb later

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bioshock Infinite and because I was still caught up in the hype and thought it would eventually get good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

the american localization of that game is broken enough that it's actually really hard to beat. someone tweaked the player and enemy stats at the last minute without checking to see how it actually affected gameplay.

Yeah ive read that. It would stulp be terrible even without the weird difficulty adjustments.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Yeah ive read that. It would stulp be terrible even without the weird difficulty adjustments.

the entire game feels like ideas that sound good on paper and are butchered in the execution. "you can see random encounters on the mini-map" sounds cool except that they're unavoidable anyway. gameplay differing based on who you choose as the player, who you choose as your ally, and who the AI chooses as the turncoat would have been cool that all seven of the characters are boring and basically have the same dialogue no matter what, and the paths really aren't that different. the twist at the end sucks. etc

at least the music was good. i think when one of my brothers had an account here his title text was "Hail Doros!" because he'd just stayed up all night beating it on an emulator.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Plutonis posted:

Bioshock Infinite and because I was still caught up in the hype and thought it would eventually get good
this is the thing that made me stop trusting yahtzee's judgement lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
all I remember is the bit where you get in the sky carriage and there's a nun there and booker goes "don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you"
and I was like "uhhh yes I am" and unloaded my gun at her, but she was invincible
then the next thing that happens is her shocking betrayal. cool

then at the end when you're going through the lighthouse multiverse and elizabeth is going on and on about "there's always a lighthouse. there's always a man" like
yeah, ken
you made two games that both started at a lighthouse. whyd you do that? it kinda seems like it was just so you could point out that you did that

but the whole time I'm thinking "everybody swears this is deep. that girl singing ccr was kinda rad, let's just see how it all wraps up"
and then elizabeth wants you to kill yourself, to, somehow keep the whole thing from happening? when we just established that there are infinite universes
???
and it's just like "shhhhhhshshsh just trust me it makes sense, shut up" and drowns you

it dosnt make sense, lying bitch video game, you just wanted a dramatic suicide ending. ADMIT IT

songbird was really cool though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i still like the first bioshock but i could never finish the second one and now i'm glad.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Posts that you gave up on

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Simply Simon posted:

Posts that you gave up on

Give up on the whole forum, bitch

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I was bored enough of bioshock by the end that I never tried any of the sequels

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

que sera sera posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

que sera sera posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bilecock

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

que sera sera posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cubone posted:

all I remember is the bit where you get in the sky carriage and there's a nun there and booker goes "don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you"
and I was like "uhhh yes I am" and unloaded my gun at her, but she was invincible
then the next thing that happens is her shocking betrayal. cool

then at the end when you're going through the lighthouse multiverse and elizabeth is going on and on about "there's always a lighthouse. there's always a man" like
yeah, ken
you made two games that both started at a lighthouse. whyd you do that? it kinda seems like it was just so you could point out that you did that

but the whole time I'm thinking "everybody swears this is deep. that girl singing ccr was kinda rad, let's just see how it all wraps up"
and then elizabeth wants you to kill yourself, to, somehow keep the whole thing from happening? when we just established that there are infinite universes
???
and it's just like "shhhhhhshshsh just trust me it makes sense, shut up" and drowns you

it dosnt make sense, lying bitch video game, you just wanted a dramatic suicide ending. ADMIT IT

songbird was really cool though
this is particularly funny because I think I read that the plot twist in the DLC is that there's at least one evil alternate universe you that didn't kill himself and just kept loving things up, because, again, infinite universes as pointed out by the title of the game. bioshock is awful

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
you should of been able to fight robobird

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the first one is a little hamfisted, but it's well-stylized and it's a long, fun dungeon crawl that's main weakness is that it's just a little too long for what it is. i don't know why they thought they could make any kind of sequel.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i have brainworms and liked Infinite but only after i stopped caring about the story whatsoever & only using skyhooks and Elizabeth's powers when i absolutely had to

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

que sera sera posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

skipping posts in imp zone is like skipping dialogue in an rpg

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I thought the RatfuckTown labor auction was kind of funny. I bought it to play "1999 mode" lmfao which was a total joke and I played right up to the last boss and don't know if I beat him because I hated the game so much by then. Nice poo poo.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you can skip the first hour of any rpg and miss nothing

10 hours if its persona

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Phoix posted:

10 hours if its persona

MA, come look! I did my first troll post!

MA!!!!!!!!!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the first hour of the witcher 3 introduces both Master Mirror and Gwent. begone.

e: lol, i got sniped.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Phoix posted:

10 hours if its persona

Holy poo poo we just got motherfucking Phoixed.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Phoix posted:

10 hours if its persona

https://i.imgur.com/scVnlKM.mp4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ma. This burn I possed is wicked aoueawesome.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
rofl

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Ma. This burn I possed is wicked aoueawesome.

It's doin baby wheel numbas ma

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

the first one is a little hamfisted, but it's well-stylized and it's a long, fun dungeon crawl that's main weakness is that it's just a little too long for what it is. i don't know why they thought they could make any kind of sequel.

The style carried it a good while for me (and I was like 16) but I was so miserably bored by the end and hated the dumb smug twist that I can't ever imagine playing another one. They really pitched that poo poo as a loving System Shock spiritual sequel lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol