Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Edge & Christian posted:

What information are you looking for?

I think you and Silver are talking a little past each other because you're both right, sorta. The internet made getting up to speed on Big 2 characters/stories much, much easier, but IMO that information, and this applies to a huge number of topics beyond just comics, has become more and more fragmented and difficult to discern which is more correct or authoritative, and the websites that may act as good warehouses of this information are less and less readable (or maybe as an Old my standards are way too high). Some sites that I may have pointed someone to in the past simply don't exist any more, or have gone through a couple refreshes in order to stay with (at a time) current website trends (e.g. mobile) and aren't as accessible to viewing that information.

What makes it kinda depressing for Big 2 stuff is that they are theoretically in a great position to actually house and disseminate all of that information but at least Marvel's website is kinda poorly laid out and the Marvel Unlimited experience on a web browser is (or was) not great. There is also a lot of interesting information about the history of comics from creators that seems to only live in the Omnibuses from DC and Marvel, usually as forewords, essays, etc.

Zachack fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU