Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think accessibility is the biggest issue.

With the Big 2, you can catch a movie or watch a show, fall in love with the characters and then you either know about the wall that is trying to get in or you actually do try and find out it's worse than you'd heard.

Smaller projects are getting in the wider bubble like Invincible where you can actually get into the cartoon and then dive deep into the rest of the IP. It's as easy as reading from where the first season ended.

The difference between japanese comics and american comics in an oversimplified nutshell is that stuff like The Boys and Invincible are basically the norm in Japan. While here it's like every few years you might get a project like it and you gotta really, really hope it's not trash.

But yeah, like, hrmm... Invincible is like when some C-List shonen magazine gets an adaptation and it does wonders for hte IP. There isn't that much excitement or boom to it, but it's still a positive thing. However, the equivalent to a Spider-man adaptation nowadays would be My Hero Academia, which still operates under the same rules as Invinsible, it's still insanely easy to get into it and start reading while you can catch the latest Spider-man cartoon and just be left stranded if you liked the character of Gwen Stacy showed there because no other comic gets even close to like that, meanwhile if you liked the frog hero in MHA then just keep reading and she'll show up again soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU