Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Baby
Sep 30, 2021
If comic books stores are doing so bad why is there at least 7 legitimate comic only stores in my area? None of these stores have gone out of business even when an owner of 1 died and another that lost their lease just relocated. None of them even sell baseball cards! I’ve asked a few owners about their opinion and not a drat one seems the least bit concerned about the “state of comics.”

My home town has only 2 comic stores, they are across the street from each other and don’t even care about it. They both have been at those locations for over 10 years. One just got an award from the city for some reason.

Also how the hell does Newbury comics have almost 30 stores pretty much all located in New England? It’s a different model then most comic book stores and seems successful enough. I’m baffled why this store never became the next Hot Topic and exist everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Baby
Sep 30, 2021

Extra row of tits posted:

Good lord, a genuine “This can’t be true, my specific experience doesn’t match” post!

Sorry I was genuinely curious about these questions since this thread seemed to be giving answers. Instead I get snark. Whatever.

King Baby
Sep 30, 2021

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

behind every successful small hobby shop is a spouse who's an investment banker or some poo poo. have you done a headcount on how many mysteriously stable model train stores you have in town too?

Why would I do a headcount on something I don’t care about? But anyway According to Google there’s 3 model train stores and…20 comic stores. I live in Las Vegas, it’s not uncommon for a particular niche store (crab shacks, sensory toy kiosks, fish tank foot spas) to just pop up and vanish but this is different. They’re all still here! This is like mattress store level strange to me.