Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
*picking up Nixonland*
Ugh I don't know... the 37th president? You mean I have to read about 36 other guys just to start this book? And the president of what, I mean, I don't have the time for all this world-building and trying to find out about Barry Goldwater and eighteen billion people named Kennedy on fan-wikis or wherever...I think I'll pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

site posted:

well you should read before the storm first, at least

I actually read that like a decade after Nixonland (just this summer in fact) but you know, fair point

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I think the comic shops stay open by selling comic books to customers who want to pay money for comics, as well as whatever other goods they have for sale.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you got it dude I was absolutely suggesting those comic stores were all operating on a nonprofit model and not that there's shitloads of commonly exercised ways to keep a small retail shop going as a passion project without turning a profit

god I might as well be posting on Reddit, absolute cretin poo poo

Calm down, you made a deeply weird comparison and it got critiqued. That's not the end of the world.