Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

They came home with us Thursday afternoon. One, currently nameless, promptly hid. The other, Diana the Adventure Cat, came out of the carrier within three minutes and immediately began exploring the house. They're 10 and 13 weeks old. Diana is black, Nameless is a grey-fawn mixed bobtail Manx.

Partial catte tax:

Apart from that, I unpacked three boxes, threw away three contractor bags of trash, and went to the farmer's market, where I picked up challah, tamales, local pork sausage, slim-cut pork for schnitzel, baby eggplants, satsuma plums, tomatoes, and basil.

Pretty good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Post the other kitten you god drat criminal.

She's hiding. When I find her again, she will be photographed. (She's coming out in the middle of the night to eat and poop.) This is also why she's currently nameless.

Arsenic Lupin

Everybody in the whole family has tried to spend time with Byakko. She is having none of it. Byakko comes out from under the console radio only when Diana is there. Byakko has appointed Diana her emotional support animal. When Diana walks from room to room, Byakko will follow behind, freezing and running if a human takes notice of her. Last night when I took Diana upstears Byakko stood at the food of the stairs meowing. (She will run upstairs to the litterbox if she's sure no humans will take notice.)

So. We are working on pictures, but they haven't happened yet. This weekend we're grabbing Byakko and forcing her to stay in my son's room, allowing Diana in for visits. Hopefully we can resocialize her.

e: More Diana.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 20, 2021

Arsenic Lupin

Yes! When my son's awake I will go down and get a picture of Byakko being cuddled. (She's confined to his bedroom, with a cat tree to hide in.)

Arsenic Lupin

Introducing .... Byakko!

With a guest appearance by Diana.

Byakko is three weeks older than Diana.

Arsenic Lupin

Byakko is really happy if you force her to be cuddled. Like, grab her out of the hidey-hole in the cat tree, and she goes along with it. My son says she's started coming out and watching him thoughtfully. She's definitely moving around more voluntarily, although she skitters if she thinks you're watching. She's getting there.

Diana is brought in for regular visits. Diana was sleeping on my son's bed and Byakko walked over to the bed, mewed, bopped Diana awake, and then Diana followed Byakko back to the cave for a proper sleep, where cats are supposed to be. :yaycat:

Arsenic Lupin

Last week's Diana and Byakko picture

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Velocibacon, you stole one of my kittens!

Diana, and her friend Byakko. Byakko is a Manx.

This week's Diana and Byakko picture to come.

Diana, the Queen of the Piano Stool

Diana's at that kitten stage where they haven't quite grown into their legs and tail. She's obviously going to be a long slinky beauty.

In general catte news, Byakko was allowed out into the full house on Monday. She's suspicious of the humans, except my son, but she and Diana rampage through the house together. When Byakko is tired, she sleeps on the chaise lounge in the sun.

Arsenic Lupin

Byakko just let me pet her for the first time!!!!

Diana was extremely jealous, hopped up into the laundry basket, and put her body between Byakko and me.

Arsenic Lupin

gleebster posted:

Maybe Byakko is Diana's cat, not yours.

That's certainly what Diana thinks. Right now, Byakko is definitely my son's cat, because he chose her, he socialized her, and she trusts him. We'll see who else she lets into her orbit.

Arsenic Lupin

Diana is currently a Very Rapidly Moving Cat; yesterday evening she and Byakko spent a good half an hour chasing each other up and down the stairs. All blur is therefore Diana's fault and has nothing to do with my being a bad photographer. No, we still haven't finished unpacking.

Diana investigates America's drug problem

Diana leaps tall laundry baskets

Diana and Byakko hang out in a window

Arsenic Lupin

Bonus: Diana stretching on Sept. 5th.

Arsenic Lupin

Diana is Very Upset about my new cat-resistant keyboard cover. So angry she bit me when I picked her up off it.

Arsenic Lupin

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

:lmao:

that's brilliant, i need one of those for my cat

It just arrived today, and it's nice solid construction. Available either in laptop size with a slit in the back for the keyboard, or in keyboard size. Search etsy for CatifyMyHome.

Arsenic Lupin

I haven't finished my tea yet, and Byakko isn't even awake. :colbert:

Arsenic Lupin

Today, Diana is protecting the household against such menaces as the newel post and the office rug. Blurry pictures of fast-moving kitten.

Byakko to come when she visits the haunts of men.

Arsenic Lupin

Byakko and Diana are friends.
Byakko's tail.

Arsenic Lupin

Sorry, I was out running errands!

Byakko frequently ventures out of the room, but she flees whenever she notices my husband or me. Hence another nest photo. She spends a lot of time pounding up and down the stairs with Diana. Old wooden stairs have great resonance.

Diana discovered dust.

Diana, right before she deliberately knocked the glass, the claw clippers, and the medicine off the dresser.

It makes Diana very happy that we're taking months to unpack.

Grand finale: Diana discovers that you can tug garment fringes out of boxes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izds4ZoFPWM

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 1, 2021

Arsenic Lupin

I'm feeling increasingly embarrassed by the house visible behind Byakko and Diana. We're focused on unpacking the kitchen when we have time and energy; the bedroom is low on the list because we have an acceptable subset of clothes, a bed, and reading material.

Moving out of a house with 20 years of stuff shoved into the garage into a house with no garage: adventures in sorting and discarding.

Arsenic Lupin

Diana's named after the goddess, and also after Diana Villiers. :colbert:

Arsenic Lupin

Diana asleep on my lap, and Diana playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LIvShAotso

Byakko nesting.

My son swears she does leave her basket occasionally, but only to sit on his lap or play with Diana.

Arsenic Lupin

Whoops, sorry, fixed.

Arsenic Lupin

I managed to record Diana's purr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyLOWpK1UnY

Arsenic Lupin

Sleepy Diana.

Arsenic Lupin

Byakko is hiding, sorry.

Here is Diana and her (formerly my husband's) rubber-band ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkIVoDp38J0

Diana likes to carry this ball to the top of the stairs, drop it, and watch it bounce down. Repeat.

Arsenic Lupin

Byakko is ... in a basket. She's not a cardboard cutout of a cat. Pinky swear. She can move! (to hide) She can chase Diana! (when I'm not watching)

Diana is having a good day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S__9C1pyis

Diana, right before I shot the video.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 22, 2021

Arsenic Lupin

They are! Diana was a teeny baby I could hold in the palm of my hand with her legs hanging off on either side. And she had a teeny kitten tail!

Arsenic Lupin

Byakko has incredibly soft plushy fur. She's like a really high-end stuffed animal who doesn't want to be held. Diana has a slippery-sleek thing going on.

Arsenic Lupin

Sisal Two-Step posted:

those BEANS!!!!!!!

They are very warm when they are on your face in the middle of the night.

Arsenic Lupin

Official Mouse Stash (her idea, not mine)

Byakko checks out the window (note adorable tail)

Booty shot

Diana has been in an extremely parkour mood this week, so it's been tricky getting stills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ9K3ExienY

Bonus: The view from the living-room window.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 29, 2021

Arsenic Lupin

Byakko isn't awake yet and Diana is in very rapid motion.

Day before yesterday I managed to catch Diana and Byakko in the dark upstairs hall. Byakko was just there hanging out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l5uIqluqX8

More to come, I hope, but we'll see. Some day I want to get audio of cat thumping up and down the stairs because it's hilarious. Also, that's my son holding Byakko.

Arsenic Lupin

As a reminder, we started out here, on August 13th.

YouTube isn't uploading my videos; they get to 95% and stop processing. I'll add them whenever the bug is fixed.

In the meantime, Diana savages a toy.

Arsenic Lupin

Byakko hangs out in the kitchen window.

Shiny kitten.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 12, 2021

Arsenic Lupin

Sleepy Diana plays with her foot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl0vNPRPqxY

When they haven't been dragged under the bed, toys live in the toy bag. The toy bag is itself a toy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0rYZmfPlk

Arsenic Lupin

One last Diana.

I backread and was amused to realize that every week I'm saying "Diana was really rambunctious this week..." Diana is not rambunctious any particular week. She is always rambunctious. She owns the household and she knows it. She is boundlessly affectionate and boundlessly bored and boundlessly perfect. She is the best. (sorry, Byakko. You're my son's cat and you know it.)

General note: I'm on Pacific time. I won't even be drinking my morning tea until 10 Eastern.

e: I just walked down the stairs and Byakko was in the good chair, the one that has a view both of the stairs and the hall. She scampered away and I said, "Sorry, Byakko." This is how Midwestern I am: I am apologizing to a cat for my own existence.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 13, 2021

Arsenic Lupin

You really, really do. Byakko is so soft and Diana is so smooth.

Byakko at the foot of the stairs.

I just spent some moments coaxing Byakko to me with kitty dental treats. I was whirling very fast to keep Diana eating her treats to my right so she wouldn't steal treats from Byakko to my left. I got Byakko all the way up to my skirts, so there's progress.

Arsenic Lupin

I have been trying all week to catch video of the kittens chasing each other, with no luck. Today I woke up with a migraine, so this is minimal. Here are two kittens who love each other very much.

Triumphs this week: I managed to slowly move up the stairs so that there was only one stair-step between me and Byakko, and I managed to pet Byakko in just the right way to get her to purr. She no longer runs tearing out of the room when my husband or I enters; she keeps doing her own thing as long as nobody makes loud noises or gets within a yard of her.

https://twitter.com/meowsilly/status/1461013356584841221

Arsenic Lupin

Enfys posted:

I look forward to this thread every week and appreciate you posting your kitties even with a migraine :unsmith:

Thanks you. I felt very guilty about letting the thread down.

Arsenic Lupin

Not much Byakko this week; she's upset by the visitors.

Diana enjoys the comfy chair.

Pre-Thanksgiving cat bonding.

Kick cat off table 99 times. Cat jumps back up 100.

Daughter's partner's robe is the Best Thing Ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wYsL01G2wE
All toys are improved if you play with them through the railing.

Orange relish ingredients in the sunlight, just because. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!

Arsenic Lupin

ChubbyChecker posted:

those formerly tiny kittens are now hulking brutes! :3:

I knoooooow. I look back at the first month and am astonished by Diana and her little twiggy tail. I'm grateful to this thread, because I can look at the continuum of baby pictures, and I certainly wouldn't have taken this many shots without the motivation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin

Sunset.