Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh we're talkin poo poo bout steroids now?

What a great show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh we're talkin poo poo bout steroids now?

What a great show

It was good and I liked it.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The Kenny/Christian match was very good but I do instantly care about Hangmans story like half as much now.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Mons Hubris posted:

The Kenny/Christian match was very good but I do instantly care about Hangmans story like half as much now.

It's cool because we will all care again when he comes back.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the coward mods gave it up, ty

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
edit: wrong thread lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rampagethoughts

Entrance music is very noisy.

Chris Jericho also very noisy.

1) Kenny Omega vs Christian. I like the chyrons. Omega does a great job of looking like a douche here. I like the story they set up here. Slow start to the match. Commentary trying to build up how important this is. It takes me a while to start appreciating Christian's style in this match. He shows the work in everything he does, which is a contrast to someone like Omega who makes everything look easy once this match warms up it stays hot. Wow, I really bit on some of those 2 counts. Oh, and I really like the ending of the match. They found a way. Good work, guys.

Love Orange Cassidy hanging out in the background of the Christian interview.

Fuego promo. Goddamn, kid.

2) Fuego Del Sol vs Miro. We may see a murder here. God Miro is just the deadliest motherfucker in existence. TORNADO DDT! TWICE! Holy gently caress. They had me almost believing, just for a second. Miro is so furious here. The dream is over. Miro kills Fuego and then kills his dreams.

Fuego comes to his feet, and then Sammy comes out with TONY KHAN? He's got another contract. And then, live on TNT, Fuego gets signed. gently caress, this show just made me cry about a jobber getting signed.

Badly volume-adjusted Britt and Velvet interview.

3) Britt Baker vs Red Velvet. Black and gold on the tron. Match is pretty hot and well put together. Velvet working the wrist heavily. Velvet is working situational heel here, I really like it. Britt is so good at being a cheating shithead. Lockjaw reversal was great. This has added up to a fun spicy match. Great work by both of them. Things get a bit sloppy in the submissions sequence, but this really works well. Britt wins clean before a hometown crowd.

Post match she keeps attacking Velvet. Stat comes in and...

Holy gently caress, JAMIE HAYTER? Okay, I love this.

Great one hour show. Good job, lads and lasses.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The fact that charismatic enjoyable heel Britt Baker is over with the crowd (and especially in her home town) only means they've "trained the crowd to hate" women other than her if I've been actively hallucinating the careers of Thunder Rosa, Tay Conti, Riho, Kris Statlander, and numerous others.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Again this goes down to yeah, AEW needs to make more time for women's matches and storylines on Dynamite. There's some cool stuff done on Dark and Elevation but that only gets a fraction of the eyeballs. I get that they were at a place for a while where the women's division needed a lot more work but the talent is there now.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mons Hubris posted:

yeah this whole "we gotta cram in dream matches between kenny and old guys" has cooled hangman off in my eyes

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sadly I had the title change spoiled before I could watch the show, but that match was still excellent, I legit teared up alongside Fuego and the main event was fun.

Great show, now make it two hours, TNT.

Lamuella posted:

The fact that charismatic enjoyable heel Britt Baker is over with the crowd (and especially in her home town) only means they've "trained the crowd to hate" women other than her if I've been actively hallucinating the careers of Thunder Rosa, Tay Conti, Riho, Kris Statlander, and numerous others.

There seems to be a large contingent of people online who have to complain about literally loving everything all the time everywhere and it's loving exhausting. Can't have any joy, gotta make everyone else as miserable as they are.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Sadly I had the title change spoiled before I could watch the show, but that match was still excellent, I legit teared up alongside Fuego and the main event was fun.

Great show, now make it two hours, TNT.

No way - one hour on a Friday night is the perfect thing. 3 fun matches in one show and no fluff? It's perfect! Love that all of the pre-recorded stuff was only to build up what was happening that night and not next week or what's going to be on Dynamite.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ganso Bomb posted:

No way - one hour on a Friday night is the perfect thing. 3 fun matches in one show and no fluff? It's perfect! Love that all of the pre-recorded stuff was only to build up what was happening that night and not next week or what's going to be on Dynamite.

I wouldn't exactly get into the business of betting against the idea of "Warner gives AEW more TV time."

I love Rampage as a one-hour show, but, uh. I dunno. I wouldn't get too used to it!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MJeff posted:

I wouldn't exactly get into the business of betting against the idea of "Warner gives AEW more TV time."

I love Rampage as a one-hour show, but, uh. I dunno. I wouldn't get too used to it!

I mean apparently they wanted to extend Dynamite to 3 hours but Tony asked for a separate show instead

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

I mean apparently they wanted to extend Dynamite to 3 hours but Tony asked for a separate show instead

Smartest man in wrestling. I can just picture the PTSD tremors from him thinking about 3 hour Raws.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Smartest man in wrestling. I can just picture the PTSD tremors from him thinking about 3 hour Raws.

There was plenty of that anyway because Tony and Cody kept referring to Rampage as "the Third Hour" and people would get Extremely Upset because they kept forgetting it was a separate show and not a third hour of Dynamite.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drakkel posted:

There was plenty of that anyway because Tony and Cody kept referring to Rampage as "the Third Hour" and people would get Extremely Upset because they kept forgetting it was a separate show and not a third hour of Dynamite.

lol maybe they were doing it on purpose so they could show TNT all of the fans going "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I had no idea TNT wanted an actual third hour though, got a link on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

lol maybe they were doing it on purpose so they could show TNT all of the fans going "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I had no idea TNT wanted an actual third hour though, got a link on that?

He doesn't really elaborate on it more but here's a quote:

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/tony-khan-turned-down-third-hour-aew-dynamite-got-fair-financial-considerations-tbs-move

quote:

Speaking on Rampage, Khan commented, "[Turner] asked at one point if I wanted to do three hours of Dynamite when a third hour came up and I said I believe in doing it on another night. This timeslot is good for the fans to keep a great night of wrestling fresh on Friday nights. I promise, Rampage will not be a secondary show, it will be equivalent of Dynamite."