Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I like his story on how he got an n word pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Punishment must be doled out for inflicting this on us

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

splifyphus posted:

he's not a post-modernist, he's decidedly a modernist who uses pomo material against pomo itself. hence the return to Hegel and the revamped dialectics. all that poo poo is anathema to pomo sensibilities. he may be coquettish in his lighter pop stuff but he really doesn't gently caress around in the big theory tomes. there's some wild heretical poo poo in there.

all that being said his heyday is over and his students have surpassed him in his own terrain. after sex and the failed absolute i don't think he has much more to say. I'd love to see him take on laruelle tho

Who is a student that has surpassed him?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Zizek told me to watch Melancholia and he was right it was a good movie.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Just want you two to know that this was a perfect exchange