Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

The_Rob posted:

public intellectualism is just pro wrestling for people who think they’re above pro wrestling. they might as well be entertaining.

you just gave the best summary about him that I ever seen, ty

I really like Zizek because he completely gets it and revels in the role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

zizek just suplexed the man

peterson was prepared for a "debate", not for a luchador performance

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Wheeee posted:

no he wasn’t, peterson didn’t prepare at all and thought it was just going to be like owning some dumbass students

that was my point forums poster Wheeee (four e's, counted)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

he literally started his remarks being like "well I haven't written anything you've read, but I read the communist manifesto so that's probably a good summary of everything you've talked about"

alternate scenario: zizek finds a strong woman friend of his, armed with the Sublime Object of Ideology and the Parallax View in each hand, to slam into peterson's face while he sits impassively talking to the audience. "peterson here is the perfect *sniff* postmodern moralist, being *sniff* brutalized by the Real in his attempts to build a facsimile of *sniff* order rooted in a fake interpretations of tradition. my books are the ideas of our world that his jungian principles try to not deal with it, expertfully applied by Laurie, thank you Laurie. As we can see from his bloodied face, this confrontation with certain ideas from the Real cannot happen in any framed context which we may imagine, but only by reviewing those through self-analysis and the formation of ideological constructs and so on and on"

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

this man knows how to roll, maximum respect forever and ever