Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
is this guy cool or not

he doesnt like capitalism which is cool. and the ideology thing, like we are all so brainwashed by capitalism that supporting capitalism is considered neutral even when it isn't? and that's because of how entrenched capitalist ideology is. that is cool

and once he was getting interviewed and decided he wanted to go to bed, and the interviewer was like "oh ok i'll leave then" and zizek said "no you can stay just let me get ready for bed and we'll continue the interview" and then the interview continued while zizek was in bed. and he eats two hot dogs at the same time, with one hot dog in each hand

not sure what to make of this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Trabisnikof posted:

zizek endorsed biden lol

oh no

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

my bony fealty posted:

had a dream last night that I was riding a bus and zizek came on and then sat in my lap

what could this mean?

maybe that was reality and this is the dream

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
zizek is right that we need to stop saying "all cultures are beautiful" and start saying "all cultures are garbage"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIeZZ3vNsvM

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
yeah the videos where zizek trashes libs always seem to be marketed towards chuds

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
apparently it's a nervous tic

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

pogi posted:

trying to listen to the sublime object of ideology right now and i have no background in this and no idea what’s going on. just letting it wash over me like a wave

this is how i read living in the end times and it was a lot of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
a good way to remember lacanism is "you lacant always get what you want"