Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

FormaldehydeSon posted:

He says dickbutt

heck, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!
we can't say for sure that being utterly pathetically wrecked to the point he looked like a drunk monk stumbling out of the whorehouse and falling before the feet of the Buddha himself was what sent Jorp into the depths of a benzo addiction that ended in a coma. i think his wife got cancer as well or something serious like that. but i doubt its a coincidence that he hit the literally in a coma stage of his difficulties shortly thereafter.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

Wheeee posted:

Here is something you can't understand

How I could just kill a man

i hear in japan they call him "garabagu tanuki no shinigami"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!
i haven't actually done the part where i read actual books by the trash panda, what three or so books would people recommend to start with? and to be clear, i will be pirating this poo poo, but tend to be low effort about that.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

is pepsi ok posted:

Pervert's Guide to Cinema and Pervert's Guide to Ideology are both really good and accessible introductions.

If you specifically want books then Welcome to the Desert of the Real and How to Read Lacan are good starting points.

The important theoretical books are Sublime Object of Ideology and Less Than Nothing but those are going to be difficult to read without a foundation in Lacan.

The_Rob posted:

first as tragedy than as farce is a super easy fun read.

thanks, that gives me a good idea of where to dive in

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

Dreylad posted:

i like his dvd short that was produced for Children of Men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbgrwNP_gYE

definitely worth the five or so minutes to get his take on that film

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

The_Rob posted:

zizek is actually entertaining. unlike his students

this depends; are we counting SMG as one of his students?

also thanks for the further recommendations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!
It's not a working class rebellions but it should be.

Anyhow that scene would be perfect for destroying the entire broken wizarding world in a single feel swoop by exploiting the fact that Ultima should work must fine in Harry Potter.

e:
What I am picturing happening.

The likely result.

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 04:36 on Nov 10, 2021