Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Tonight is AAA's premier event, Triplemania starting at 8 PM CDT (the pre-show at 7:30 may have a match). In Mexico, this is going to be broadcast on SpaceTV and Facebook, everywhere else AAA can't broadcast it for very AAA reasons. It will be on Twich though on Cubsfan's Twitch and possibly others.

Pinche Rudo posted:

We're going to have the stream up in the PSP Discord when it goes live: https://discord.gg/BCUYqjsf

Cubsfan/Luchablog's preview is going to be the most in depth source of how we got to where we are.

Here's a brief summary of the card:

Marvel Lucha Libre match: Team Leyenda Americana vs. Team Terror Púrpura - I have no idea who will be in this match because they keep changing who are behind the masks

Copa Bardahl Triplemanía - battle royale with only Mamba, Drago, and Mr. Iguana announced

Faby Apache (AAA) vs. Deonna Purrazzo (Impact) - Title against title match, Purrazzo will probably win because AAA does not care about it's belts

Los Lucha Bros (Fénix and Pentagón Jr.) (c) vs. Jinetes del Aire (Hijo del Vikingo and Laredo Kid) vs. Taurus and TBA - Tag titles match, neither of the challengers are an actual team, Fenix is barely in AAA and Pentagon Jr has a few matches because he lives in Mexico City. AAA does not care about it's belts

Team AAA (Pagano, Chessman, and Murder Clown) vs. La Empresa (Puma King, Sam Adonis, and DMT Azul) - La Empresa is a CMLL invasion angle and Pagano and Chessman hate each other, so AAA imploding in the ring is guaranteed and there will be some sick bumps taken

Kenny Omega (c) vs. Andrade "El Ídolo" - AAA Mega Championship match, Andrade hasn't wrestled in AAA and Kenny's last match was Triplemania last year. AAA does not care about it's belts

Psycho Clown vs. Rey Escorpión - Mask vs Hair, and probably the best match of the night, Psycho Clown and Rey Escorpion have been fighting each other at home, at restaurants, Escorpion tried to drown Psycho Clown and this feud goes way back to when Escorpion took Super Porky's (Psycho Clown's recently deceased father) hair

Triplemania is always fun, always chaotic, and always too long because everyone gets a massive walk up. Hijo del Tirantes will ref at least 1 of the championship matches (probably Faby/Purrazzo) and be the giant rudo he normally is. Below are some examples of the good old fun Triplemania main events can have.

Big Mami vs Lady Maravilla - Hair vs hair, primo Hijo del Tirantes match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sH8sWikKPc

Pagano vs Chessman - Hair vs hair, Hugo gets blasted with a guitar and blades
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRZa4DagtSo

Oil! fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I haven’t really been following AAA at all this year, but that doesn’t seem to matter for this show and Triplemania is always a blast. Sadly, no trainwreck English commentary this year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Andrade will win

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cubs fan suggesting Taurus's partner in the surefire Match of the Night is hinted at being a former ROH Tag Champ, and suggests Bandido or Dragon Lee. But you know who else is a former ROH Tag champion? Matt Taven baby

All in for those top 4 matches even if it's on too late for me to watch live

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
taurus and demonic flamita

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

We're going to have the stream up in the PSP Discord when it goes live: https://discord.gg/BCUYqjsf

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I have plans tonight so I might not be able to join. Which is unfortunate because Triplemania the last two years has been an utter joy to watch.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

If nobody has seen a Triplemania before they absolutely should. It's a blast.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If you do drugs Triplemania is a good drugs show.

If you don’t do drugs, Triplemania is a good show full of insane poo poo.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Taurus and Crazzy Steve :henget:

But really, probably Dragon Lee.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I hope NGD join the trios match for a massive clusterfuck

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
where my iguanaholics at

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Penguin Patrol posted:

where my iguanaholics at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iz6R_EXekY&hd=1

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1426659367554670593?s=20

Oil! fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 14, 2021

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna watch this than Resurgence and have a good wrestling day

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Never watched a Triplemania before but I’m all set up to stream this one!!! I’m hyped off of Rampage last night so I’m excited to keep the fun wrestling vibes going

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Even when Triplemania is bad, it’s still fun to watch. The only thing I’m bummed out this show doesn’t have is a multi-woman No DQ clusterfuck.

Give me Chik Tormenta, goddammit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
A triplemania is a fine way to spend a saturday

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yesterday was Rampage into TJPW and today is Triplemania into TJPW, this is a good weekend for wrestling

The couple shows I've watched live are absolutely insane, including the one where a drunk Jeff Jarrett was throwing tacos into the crowd

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Mr Iguana likes all the tweets that are nice to him.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
odds that Rey Fenix does a tope onto the owner's wife this year?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress yeah can't wait

Lumbermouth posted:

Give me Big Mami, goddammit.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My girlfriend has guests and I'm making them watch this.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Is luchablog streaming yet?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Cubsfan is live with the end of last Triplemania

https://www.twitch.tv/thecubsfan21?ab_channel=thecubsfan21

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Over/under on Drunk Vampiro showing up tonight?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Over/under on Drunk Vampiro showing up tonight?

0.5 would be the over/under and it would heavily favor the under

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
watching the Cubs fan pre-show and what is with this woman's hair?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Oil! posted:

0.5 would be the over/under and it would heavily favor the under

More like .08 :dadjoke:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gonna watch this than Resurgence and have a good wrestling day
Dragongate's also doing a double show, so for me it's Triplemania, DG daytime show, Resurgence, DG evening show.

I don't sleep anymore, all is wrestling now. :catstare:

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

could I get another discord link? other one is giving me trouble

edit: got it working, all good

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

fez_machine posted:

watching the Cubs fan pre-show and what is with this woman's hair?

hey you can't talk about the president like that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

Dragongate's also doing a double show, so for me it's Triplemania, DG daytime show, Resurgence, DG evening show.

I don't sleep anymore, all is wrestling now. :catstare:

TJPW doing the final of the Princess Cup tonight as well :stare:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
yeah the EST timing here is like

9pm triplemania
10:30pm tjpw (first match probably like 10:45, tournament final probably not until like 12:15 at the earliest?)
11pm resurgence

dunno about the dragon gate stuff; my plan for resurgence (assuming they stick to the posted card order which who knows) is to tune in as soon triplemania ends and hope thats in time to see the mox tag which i think is third, and i'll probably just skip the tjpw undercard but the final matters to me more than anything on njpw so will flip over for that

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

abraham linksys posted:

yeah the EST timing here is like

9pm triplemania
10:30pm tjpw (first match probably like 10:45, tournament final probably not until like 12:15 at the earliest?)
11pm resurgence

dunno about the dragon gate stuff; my plan for resurgence (assuming they stick to the posted card order which who knows) is to tune in as soon triplemania ends and hope thats in time to see the mox tag which i think is third, and i'll probably just skip the tjpw undercard but the final matters to me more than anything on njpw so will flip over for that

The first AJPW show starts at 11:30pm and the first of the DG double header is at midnight iirc

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Oh hey, Hugo Savinovich!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That lady's hair is a motorcycle helmet :stare:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
BRUTAL BRUTAL

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God I'd read about this but forgot it was a thing. This is an officially licensed Marvel thing, right? Lucha wrestlers just straight up being Marvel Superheroes?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'm gonna guess no Lio Rush Spiderman this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who is the lady playing Not Black Widow