Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
haha, yes, yes

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1426754549138792452?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
does aaa have a weekly television show? I could use more of this in my life

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God Ric loving Flair!?! :aaa:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

did there end up being more to this story on this podcast?

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
Yes TK has plans and didn’t want Kenny to lose. Appears he’ll drop the title in December

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Who's watching AAA for the first time?

Me. That was a hell of a show, it just sucks that the production was so lovely. Couldn't hear the crowd most of the time, WWE-level camerawork, oh boy.

But the wrestling was very very good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pamela Springstein posted:

does aaa have a weekly television show? I could use more of this in my life

every saturday on cubsfan's twitch. just follow on twitter or w/e he tweets all the lucha news u could ever want or need @luchablog

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the camerawork at trieplemania feels like they have to show the advertisements on screen a certain % of the time so there's random cuts to the hard cam and then cuts back to the floor cameras when theyre out of position

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tweak posted:

did there end up being more to this story on this podcast?

Andrade was supposed to win, sometime between Friday morning and Saturday evening/hours before the show AEW contacted them and asked them to hold off. Unknown as to why, Andrade being signed with both companies could have just made AEW want the change to happen on their own programming soon

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Is there a story for how Brian Cage ended up at Triplemania? Or did Penta just ask his AEW buddy to come along and toss people around like ragdolls?

Chris James 2 posted:

Andrade was supposed to win, sometime between Friday morning and Saturday evening/hours before the show AEW contacted them and asked them to hold off. Unknown as to why, Andrade being signed with both companies could have just made AEW want the change to happen on their own programming soon

If I had to make an educated guess, they didn't want Kenny to lose his second belt so quickly. They're probably building to a story where his loss to Christian Cage will start unhinging him completely, leading to him losing the AAA and AEW titles in a few months.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Still loling at that Hulk

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Is there a story for how Brian Cage ended up at Triplemania? Or did Penta just ask his AEW buddy to come along and toss people around like ragdolls?

Brian Cage has done a bunch of stuff with AAA, long before AEW, and he played Thanos at last year's Triplemania

AAA generally does (did?) seem to have a good relationship with Impact too, around the time that Cage was with them. The NYC show they did in 2019 was co-produced with Impact or something like that.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Penguin Patrol posted:

Brian Cage has done a bunch of stuff with AAA, long before AEW, and he played Thanos at last year's Triplemania

That's cool, seems like a very good match. He can just toss people around and look like a god drat monster.

Turns out I missed the Marvel match on my first watch and I went back now. Oh my god that Lucha Hulk.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol this card was so loving weird, can't believe i saw cain velasquez wrestle live lmao. my fav memory was only 2 other people there knew about sami calihan and how terrible he is, but we booed as hard as we absolutely could.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=228061

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

HOLY gently caress

it really should be on every page

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

He looks so angry!

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Watching last night when Ric Flair came out, when the announcers completely lost it made me realize that Flair showing up SHOULD be exciting, and that the WWE just made it feel like a nuisance. There's maybe 20 people in legitimate running for best of all time, and he's one of the most obvious.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/JaimsVanDerBeek/status/1426718906392006659

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I actual lol every single time I scroll past a pic of that Hulk. It's so goddamn funny. It's beautiful.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hulk!...smash?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Who's watching AAA for the first time?

me. it was weird. i did like how they pumped commentary into the arena between matches i thought that was neat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

punchdaily posted:

Watching last night when Ric Flair came out, when the announcers completely lost it made me realize that Flair showing up SHOULD be exciting, and that the WWE just made it feel like a nuisance. There's maybe 20 people in legitimate running for best of all time, and he's one of the most obvious.

The announcers got so excited they literally just started speaking in English instead of Spanish, it was the best.

Well actually the best was the dual-Figure 4 spot :hellyeah:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jerusalem posted:

The announcers got so excited they literally just started speaking in English instead of Spanish, it was the best.

Yeah, for a moment I thought the Luchablog guy was doing his own commentary on top of the original, but then I realized the Spanish announcement team (wouldn't it just be the announcement team?) were marking out so hard they had switched to English.

It was also surreal to hear them yelling about "el Nature Boy", but in a good way.

Man what a fun loving show.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I have very important news:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I assumed the Spanish announcers were savvy enough to realize the Flair clip might be a widely shared moment from the show, especially in English-language markets, so switched to English for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hugo Savinovich is a loving pro, you are correct.