Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Disappointing CR for my team this season, but expected when you go all out for winning the first half. What VIP stats do you guys want?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
All the VIP stats where my team looks good pls.

For any lurkers, new season first game in 5 days.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Strongest Team:
https://imgur.com/0SMp5vR

Richest Team:
https://imgur.com/4Kbiv2s

Squad Value:
https://imgur.com/bVJNVwH

And Best Manager because it has me first even though I have won no championships.
https://imgur.com/d2wG0Xv

Edit: Not sure why the inline images aren't working, but here are the links.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Richest, third weakest in top flight and worst manager?! I’ll take it!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I won the league and bees found the option that made all the refs conspire against me

In four games I've had a game with two penalties awarded against me and now a straight red on playing normal on a H6 ref :v:

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Top flight has some tough teams. Played Nerds (Bees) today and despite prepping formation, marking playmaker and generally having a tactical masterclass the best I could manage was a 0-0 draw at home! Can’t wait for you all to atrophy just as I peak so I can claim inevitable but unsatisfying glory.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Top flight has some tough teams. Played Nerds (Bees) today and despite prepping formation, marking playmaker and generally having a tactical masterclass the best I could manage was a 0-0 draw at home! Can’t wait for you all to atrophy just as I peak so I can claim inevitable but unsatisfying glory.

It is tough, you have to fight for every point. We need more teams to join to make building for the future worth it. I'm afraid with our attrition, we'll be down to one league in a few seasons.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
come to the lower leagues, where you can forget to log in for a while and miss three games but still win two of them

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Don’t be like me who got to the top league, got the flu this week and totally forgot to set their team. Priorities, man!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Only 3 teams in the bottom league have logged in in the past month and there's 1 inactive team in the top flight. We either need to reorg or grow as the bottom flight is just beating up on teams not setting lineups and leading to super weird DVs as your players aren't challenged playing against 0 form mannequins, meaning that you'r ejust going to go up right away and get punched right back down.

e; My 16/4 just got 2 goals and no DV for the game. Fuccccccck this.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 22, 2022

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Nephzinho posted:

Only 3 teams in the bottom league have logged in in the past month and there's 1 inactive team in the top flight. We either need to reorg or grow as the bottom flight is just beating up on teams not setting lineups and leading to super weird DVs as your players aren't challenged playing against 0 form mannequins, meaning that you'r ejust going to go up right away and get punched right back down.

e; My 16/4 just got 2 goals and no DV for the game. Fuccccccck this.

The DV is sometimes weird, but I agree we need some new blood. Any ideas for recruitment?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

dalstrs posted:

The DV is sometimes weird, but I agree we need some new blood. Any ideas for recruitment?

Congrats on the win!

It's been a fun ride, goons. I'm feeling the X11 fatigue setting in so if someone else would like to take the reins of the league then I'm all for it.

But since we're down to 14 teams, let me suggest merging everyone into one league for one last season (or more than that if people want to continue). Thoughts?

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma

bees everywhere posted:

But since we're down to 14 teams, let me suggest merging everyone into one league for one last season (or more than that if people want to continue). Thoughts?

Bringing all the active teams together for next season would definitely get my vote. I'd like to continue beyond that but it always comes down to numbers and interest.

Think we made it to 20 seasons last goon league before shutting down.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

bees everywhere posted:

Congrats on the win!

It's been a fun ride, goons. I'm feeling the X11 fatigue setting in so if someone else would like to take the reins of the league then I'm all for it.

I'm open to hitting the buttons to make the league run, but I'm not the guy who is going to advertise and bring us a bunch of new bodies.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I’ll always play if there’s a league going! 8 net positive bars yet only one visual change on my report. Not terrible, not great.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Yeah, I have a team in the official leagues I am quite fond of so I'll keep logging in and running my garbage team in the Goon league for as long as it goes on too.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Forgot to set for the last two games! Need to step my game up while my team is nearing its peak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I'll stick around until the wheels fall off, although it seems buying a team did NOT work