Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!

bees everywhere posted:

[

Also this was an :lol:, our pool winners got half of them wrong but still beat everyone else:

I bet against myself thinking the River City Rovers would tie after being neglected for so long. Though I am happy with the result I still need to strengthen the squad a bit, especially with a better goal keeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
Holy poo poo! A 5-0 win and and the betting pool!? Everything is coming up Milhouse!

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!

bees everywhere posted:

- Sun Devils FC was the most-improved squad with 2x their squad value from 1 week ago.

Oh hell yeah! Also, hello there Bob from the youth team.

Things are looking up!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Tiger Crazy posted:

I bet against myself thinking the River City Rovers would tie after being neglected for so long. Though I am happy with the result I still need to strengthen the squad a bit, especially with a better goal keeper

You fool

You made the mistake of expecting competence from me

you're not the first, if it makes you feel any better

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Walamor posted:

Oh hell yeah! Also, hello there Bob from the youth team.

Things are looking up!

Amazing D:

Dragongem posted:

Ok fine, I'll throw away all my money in the pools this season

Sorry I meant "rake it in" :smug:

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

You fool

You made the mistake of expecting competence from me

you're not the first, if it makes you feel any better

drat you coffee god and your incompetent ways. Oh well we were brought back to earth by a bunch of devil birds this week.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I keep forgetting that S2/H9 refs will literally throw six hundred yellow cards and straight reds at you for playing even normally. Dissapointed I dropped points already in Taupe A

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 2, 2021

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Dragongem posted:

I keep forgetting that S2/H9 refs will literally throw six hundred yellow cards and straight reds at you for playing even normally. Dissapointed I dropped points already in Taupe A

I, for one, would like to thank the S2/H9 ref for falling for my team's blatant flops so that we could eke out a tie with a stunning 87th minute header

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma
I'm convinced at this point that I'm Yee Valley's bogey team. Perfect tactics against me today and still somehow eeked out a 1-0 win. Not sure what else you could have done to change the outcome other than picking a different playmaker.

5 matches played between us: 4 wins, 1 draw, +14 goal differential.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Last game I forgot to turn on pressure and lost in a boring 1-0 game. This game, I nail absolutely everything and have a crushing 6-0 victory with 0 chances given up, and my entire team's form tanks. This was supposed to be my season!

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Cool, red card for my captain.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Oh I forgot that when I'm in RN-A I don't get to score goals.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

River City had a master class 4-0 against the silly stupid Hobbits. I hope next match I can bring those flightless turkeys back to the ground.

I made the mistake of buying two 19-6 that obviously double jumped last season and their form is atrocious. Not sure if I can target promotion this season.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Oh no, I've been soaped! I have earned that indubious honor.

At least everyone was ok.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Top division is a mess right now, 4 teams could win it.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

Dragongem posted:

Oh no, I've been soaped! I have earned that indubious honor.

At least everyone was ok.

Oh well, did they catch the culprits? I know River City FC would never do such a thing. The club maintain the highest level of cleanliness on our stretch of the river.

Speaking if cleanliness I was able to clean house with Slord FC in back to back wins and move into promotional position.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Tiger Crazy posted:

Oh well, did they catch the culprits? I know River City FC would never do such a thing. The club maintain the highest level of cleanliness on our stretch of the river.

Speaking if cleanliness I was able to clean house with Slord FC in back to back wins and move into promotional position.

You got trouble in River City

I mean trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with D and that stands for Dangerously Soaped Showers

(note: I'm not soaping anyone, why would I spend money on soap when I could continue to amass a giant bankroll that I will inevitably forget to spend on star players until it's too late)

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Flayer posted:

Yeah I can't believe I'm in 2nd place right now with only 2 wins :stare:

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

bees everywhere posted:

Yeah I can't believe I'm in 2nd place right now with only 2 wins :stare:

Second, but one bad result from the relegation zone. Crazy season. If bromo had held on to their lead there would be 3 points between top and 5th.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I feel like I'm settling in the pattern I established in the prior league - good enough to be quite impressive in the lower divisions, not good enough to make a run to the top. We'll see if this pile of cash I've been building can help me out with that when the time is right...

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

A goalie? In good form? What is this?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

My 20/8 forward has played the majority of every game this season and still somehow has 0 DV. Last season may have been my best form/DV season ever, but this is pretty close to the worst.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Flayer posted:

When this was posted, I was 5th.

If I win my last two games, I win it. As the 5th of 4 possible winners. What a crazy season!

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Top division is definitely weird (in a good way, anyone can win it). I feel like I've had a bog average season - not helped by conceding an own goal to lose the latest match - but I'm on top. I could easily lose my last two and finish fourth. Definitely going to be some spicy win bonuses going around.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Like the 3rd time I forgot to set my tactics.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Nephzinho posted:

My 20/8 forward has played the majority of every game this season and still somehow has 0 DV. Last season may have been my best form/DV season ever, but this is pretty close to the worst.

I feel like forward DV is much harder than defense/midfield. My defense/midfield are doing amazing, and my younger forwards are at -2 and -3 cause I cannot keep their form up no matter how many trainings there are.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Dragongem posted:

I feel like forward DV is much harder than defense/midfield. My defense/midfield are doing amazing, and my younger forwards are at -2 and -3 cause I cannot keep their form up no matter how many trainings there are.
I think it has something to do with form in a match being decided amongst other things by converting chances, which lower skilled youngsters are less likely to do. Forwards getting the majority of chances giving them more ways to gently caress up.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Hope everyone saved some money, it's almost time for end of season form training! Also, for the last game of the season I'll be bumping the pools up to 300k to make things interesting.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
While trapped in a badly-run league that changes its format literally every season I decided to raise my squad's average age to 37. The CR rolled around and somehow only 5 of them retired so I am assuming that when it gets that bad some players who would normally want to just won't. This is the first time on Xpert Eleven I have ever seen a soccerman be this old and not put in his notice:

Note the pre-CR form. Does he just keep going now? If I list this guy would someone adopt him

e:

tomanton fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Sep 23, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Try and get him up to 50! I thought only goalies could go up to 40.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Yeah, as far as I knew goalies' playing age is 17-40 and outfielders 16-39. This guy was on the transfer market last season at 39 and I wondered how that was possible but I guess mystery solved

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

That's.... that's art

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
All 3 top leagues are looking at very relevant last days where everything could change. Polar opposite to last season. It's going to be an exciting last day.

Retu Negale B top of the table clash is also for team of the month honours. Gotta give a shout out to Balamb FC for enabling that one!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

PTizzle posted:

Top division is definitely weird (in a good way, anyone can win it). I feel like I've had a bog average season - not helped by conceding an own goal to lose the latest match - but I'm on top. I could easily lose my last two and finish fourth. Definitely going to be some spicy win bonuses going around.

Well it looks like you've won it man, congrats!

(Unless Masonity somehow pulls off a 6-0 win against you on Sunday, in which case lol)

vv Ahh you're right my brain is broken

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 23, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

bees everywhere posted:

Well it looks like you've won it man, congrats!

(Unless Masonity somehow pulls off a 6-0 win against you on Sunday, in which case lol)
Only needs to be 3-0

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

Seems like the River City Rovers are destined to be at the bottom for another season. The perfidious and dastardly Honking Geese and Turkey Gang are getting promoted after making GBS threads up the division. Now the only thing I can look forward to is getting that change report and seeing if any of my work paid off getting some sweet juicy double jumps.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Tiger Crazy posted:

Seems like the River City Rovers are destined to be at the bottom for another season. The perfidious and dastardly Honking Geese and Turkey Gang are getting promoted after making GBS threads up the division. Now the only thing I can look forward to is getting that change report and seeing if any of my work paid off getting some sweet juicy double jumps.

Just think, we'll get to mock each other in press releases for another season

that's not nothing

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Flayer posted:

All 3 top leagues are looking at very relevant last days where everything could change. Polar opposite to last season. It's going to be an exciting last day.

Retu Negale B top of the table clash is also for team of the month honours. Gotta give a shout out to Balamb FC for enabling that one!

Balamb had nothing to do with it, it was my clutch ability to score two goals off one chance. The direction was just slightly off on one of them.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Until the 89th minute of the last game, I was only going to need a win. Conceding two so late on screwed me!

I doubt I'll win 3-0, but I'll take any win and a second place finish for my first year in the top flight. If I lose, I can fall to 4th. I thought relegation was possible, but thankfully it isn't as that'd require two teams playing each other to both gain 3 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Just think, we'll get to mock each other in press releases for another season

that's not nothing

That is true. Until you spend your war chest and ascend to another plane of being. I will be all alone after that.