Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Tiger Crazy posted:

That is true. Until you spend your war chest and ascend to another plane of being. I will be all alone after that.

if past experience is any guide the season I bust out the war chest will be about two seasons too late for it to matter, so think of it as just a brief interruption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Wow, one goal decided the championship.

Meanwhile I won my last game and I think everyone basically lost DV for it. Nice work!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I've lost interest in this game, so I guess if someone is interested I'd give up FC Jägermeister.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Well, that season was intense.

The pools ended in a 3-way tie, but the winners still got a decent payday:

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Dragongem posted:

Wow, one goal decided the championship.

Never in doubt :negative:. Great effort Masonity.

I'm glad we squeezed one out this season as I'm pretty sure my lack of youth development is going to start hurting sooner rather than later.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
It was a pretty special end to the season. Real Liverpool Arsenal 1989 vibes! Just a shame I didn't get my Micheal Thomas moment.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!

bees everywhere posted:

Well, that season was intense.

The pools ended in a 3-way tie, but the winners still got a decent payday:

This was a nice little payday that is going to all be spent on form training. I am interested to see how this change report goes. Another season down in the trenches is going to help my youth development.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

gently caress sake. Typical that my best form/DV season is followed by my worst. This CR is going to be a disaster.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
im freeing up the manager slot for Grasshopper Club Zurich

was barely able to check up on it at all last season good luck

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That was a crazy last day. I spent all season 3 points behind Dadbod in first place with a massively worse goal difference and then those last 2 games happened. Hope I'm ready for Serie Goon!

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma
Fun season all! Always a shame to see a few leaving after each season but falls in line with how the goon leagues have typically gone in the past. Hopefully those spots can be filled and we don't have to start purging teams.

Next year in the top flight should be interesting, my team is certainly not on par skill wise with the best of the best teams but will still be fun competing.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Do the Change Reports come through tomorrow? I hope so or I've messed up my training schedule.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Change reports should be out at 11pm EST tonight, or a little less than 15 hours from this post.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
On the whole I'm pretty happy with my DV this season (though trying to feed two forwards at once is tough), posting this so I can properly index something to swear at when the CR comes in.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
+8 for a 29yr old seems nuts. My strikers were ok for development despite having 3 young'uns, it was the rest of my team that suffered. Also I'll be bussing in some ringers tomorrow.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Flayer posted:

Try and get him up to 50! I thought only goalies could go up to 40.
Unfortunately I will not be doing this, I didn't list him either after begging the league admin to sack me because I didn't think he would:

(stay for the comments)

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Swear down change reports are a never ending source of frustration. Guess you have to take the highs with the lows...

How are the teams looking for next season?

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
10 point increase overall - got a bump on nearly all my active players that weren't 30+ (with the exception of Sukhov, despite that +8 DV, must have been heavily rounded down already).

Probably my best CR since Season 1, so I'll take it!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
My 22/8 intelligent/reflexes/hard trainer GK double jumped to 23/10. Mission accomplished.

Time for the revenge tour in Retu Nagele, this time with actual goalkeeping!

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
My young wonderkid single jumped, but I expected that after last year's double.

Over all, I lost points though. A pretty poor change report. I have some rebuilding to do if I want to challenge again next season.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

:siren: Anybody lurking in the thread who wants to join in, now is the time! Take over an existing team (you can change the name) or get a new team boosted. FC Jägermeister is begging for a new manager.
http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=461360

We'll see where we're at after the weekend, but our season 6 start date will most likely be next Thursday.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

It looks like I won't be able to reactivate any of our inactive teams so we might have to start the new season with 26 teams instead of 30. That would require some restructuring, and since the minimum number of teams per league is 6, we would end up losing Mr Taupe A and B, and there's no guarantee the game would give Capitalist Pigs and Carnival Flayers their rightful place in Serie Goon. On the plus side, that would eliminate the boring games against manager-less teams.

So this will most likely be next season's format unless we get a few new players:
Serie Goon - 7 (bottom 3 relegated)
RN A - 7
RN B - 6
RN C - 6

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Let's go more vertical instead of more wide. If we just do 3 leagues + SG, if you're a weaker team you're just going to be a punching bag forever and we're going to have a lot of 0 win teams every season.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Yeah I agree, vertical makes more sense now that the teams have stratified a bit. If you're a team currently on the weaker end of the scale you'll get battered every season if you're facing teams coming down from Serie Goon. 26 isn't a great number but how about 4 vertical divisions? That way a weaker team could still be interested in challenging for the division 3/4 title while having time to build up without having to face teams averaging multiple skill levels higher.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
If we're flipping the switch on Thursday, does that mean the first game is next Monday? I'm away Thurs-Tue (Canadian Thanksgiving), so just trying to wrap my head around the timing.

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma

Spyde posted:

If we're flipping the switch on Thursday, does that mean the first game is next Monday? I'm away Thurs-Tue (Canadian Thanksgiving), so just trying to wrap my head around the timing.

Looks like the first game is *edit: Sunday the 10th. Still a chance to play a Thursday friendly if need be.

Jive Turkey fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 6, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
*Sunday the 10th

If you train today it will complete on Monday morning after the game. Still time to make sure you aren't starting the season with a bunch of low form muppets!

Should be a competitive season in Serie Goon, all the teams look good.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Oh nooooo I have to win two more leagues to get back to Serie Goon

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

Dragongem posted:

Oh nooooo I have to win two more leagues to get back to Serie Goon

It's a benefit long term. You can get a lot of extra DV and reward money beating up on the lower leagues.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Hopefully the reshuffle was fair to everyone - it looks like Serie Goon worked out perfectly with Capitalist Pigs and Carnival Flayers, also Old Man and the FC was spared from relegation since there are now 7 teams in the top 2 divisions.

I didn't forget the stats and will post them soon-ish in case anyone was wondering.

Also, I think the Xpert Pools worked out pretty well last season so I think I'll do the same thing again: First round is 200k buy-in, each round after will be 100k, then the final round will be 300k.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

dalstrs posted:

It's a benefit long term. You can get a lot of extra DV and reward money beating up on the lower leagues.

This is true, but my team is starting to peak with my initial youth core hitting the 23-24 range. Was hoping to hit SG in two seasons, but now it'll be 3 and they'll start being old :v:

Though I guess I gotta take care of business first anyway.

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma

bees everywhere posted:

Hopefully the reshuffle was fair to everyone - it looks like Serie Goon worked out perfectly with Capitalist Pigs and Carnival Flayers, also Old Man and the FC was spared from relegation since there are now 7 teams in the top 2 divisions.

I didn't forget the stats and will post them soon-ish in case anyone was wondering.

Also, I think the Xpert Pools worked out pretty well last season so I think I'll do the same thing again: First round is 200k buy-in, each round after will be 100k, then the final round will be 300k.

League looks great thank you for your efforts here. I'm planning on playing in the betting pools more this year the last few weeks of last season were fun.

Also, stat wise pretty sure Capitalist Pigs will once again be the poorest team in the entire league.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Dragongem posted:

This is true, but my team is starting to peak with my initial youth core hitting the 23-24 range. Was hoping to hit SG in two seasons, but now it'll be 3 and they'll start being old :v:

Though I guess I gotta take care of business first anyway.
From the looks of how players progress they seem to reach their peak around 29/30 so you got plenty of time. I was reading a post of one of the best players and his advice was to sell players when they hit 34, which leaves a good 10 seasons until those youths hit the sell by date.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
First game of the season, new youth injured and down bright red arrow. It's good to be back.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Win 4-0 giving up 0 chances and my entire defensive form tanks. I hate this game sometimes.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

meanwhile down here in the lowest depths of football hell I'm just sitting here going "Hey we get River City again soon, sweet, let's get a real rivalry going now before my defensemen can buy beer"

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ABCDE's roster is basically just straight xpert eleven every week, really feels like div 1 is playing for 2nd.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

bees everywhere posted:

This was a dirty filthy lie.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

meanwhile down here in the lowest depths of football hell I'm just sitting here going "Hey we get River City again soon, sweet, let's get a real rivalry going now before my defensemen can buy beer"

You got nothing on this. The floor shall be cleaned with suds of my enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Tiger Crazy posted:

You got nothing on this. The floor shall be cleaned with suds of my enemies.

lookit this novice spending soccerbux on soap when he could be sitting on a giant hoard of cash to buy free agents with when making a championship push, tsk tsk