Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Top division is a mess right now, 4 teams could win it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Dragongem posted:

I feel like forward DV is much harder than defense/midfield. My defense/midfield are doing amazing, and my younger forwards are at -2 and -3 cause I cannot keep their form up no matter how many trainings there are.
I think it has something to do with form in a match being decided amongst other things by converting chances, which lower skilled youngsters are less likely to do. Forwards getting the majority of chances giving them more ways to gently caress up.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Try and get him up to 50! I thought only goalies could go up to 40.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
All 3 top leagues are looking at very relevant last days where everything could change. Polar opposite to last season. It's going to be an exciting last day.

Retu Negale B top of the table clash is also for team of the month honours. Gotta give a shout out to Balamb FC for enabling that one!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

bees everywhere posted:

Well it looks like you've won it man, congrats!

(Unless Masonity somehow pulls off a 6-0 win against you on Sunday, in which case lol)
Only needs to be 3-0

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That was a crazy last day. I spent all season 3 points behind Dadbod in first place with a massively worse goal difference and then those last 2 games happened. Hope I'm ready for Serie Goon!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Do the Change Reports come through tomorrow? I hope so or I've messed up my training schedule.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
+8 for a 29yr old seems nuts. My strikers were ok for development despite having 3 young'uns, it was the rest of my team that suffered. Also I'll be bussing in some ringers tomorrow.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Swear down change reports are a never ending source of frustration. Guess you have to take the highs with the lows...

How are the teams looking for next season?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Yeah I agree, vertical makes more sense now that the teams have stratified a bit. If you're a team currently on the weaker end of the scale you'll get battered every season if you're facing teams coming down from Serie Goon. 26 isn't a great number but how about 4 vertical divisions? That way a weaker team could still be interested in challenging for the division 3/4 title while having time to build up without having to face teams averaging multiple skill levels higher.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
*Sunday the 10th

If you train today it will complete on Monday morning after the game. Still time to make sure you aren't starting the season with a bunch of low form muppets!

Should be a competitive season in Serie Goon, all the teams look good.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Dragongem posted:

This is true, but my team is starting to peak with my initial youth core hitting the 23-24 range. Was hoping to hit SG in two seasons, but now it'll be 3 and they'll start being old :v:

Though I guess I gotta take care of business first anyway.
From the looks of how players progress they seem to reach their peak around 29/30 so you got plenty of time. I was reading a post of one of the best players and his advice was to sell players when they hit 34, which leaves a good 10 seasons until those youths hit the sell by date.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
First game of the season, new youth injured and down bright red arrow. It's good to be back.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
To explain that difference in my current value and the value at the start of the season I had some 4 skilled 32yr old who I couldn't sell at the time due to a small squad and he was valued at something ridiculous in the 6 million range. I'm guessing because a similar player had been used to fraudentially transfer Econ between teams and because no one else could ever sell such a useless player the average value ballooned.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Got a recommend player 4 out of the last 5 days. What the gently caress, game?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
No word of a lie logged in today to yet another recommend player mail. Baffling.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Don't blow money on win bonuses (bar the standard 50k) spunk it all on training instead. I pretty much blow my entire 1.2 mil every week on training and it does enough for those weaker players to make it worth it. I don't think I'd be able to buy a better squad or win more games by spending it on win bonuses instead.

Edit: Also first convincing win of my time in Serie Goon, bad luck Masonity! Although I think you beat yourself there more than anything else, all my similar heavy defeats have come from trying to do too much away from home.

Flayer fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 31, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Nephzinho posted:

Think it really depends on your squad. Training older vets whose value is less than training sessions is a waste. Win bonus boosts the whole team and can help you preserve already good form. So yeah, I guess if you have bad form, train, if you have good form, pay.
Agreed about the older players but that might change when the current crop of youngsters everyone is bringing up mature and the old players are better than any of the ringers you can reasonably buy on the market. On the flipside most teams will be bringing through less youngsters that need constant training so it probably balances out.

As for the win bonus getting wins and therefor form, that doesn't always play out for me. Players getting down arrows after wins happens all the time. I mean I just won 4-0 and 5 players came out of that with down arrows. Losing certainly does seem a bit worse for form but I'm definitely in the camp where I'd rather spend cash on training than win bonus to increase form.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

saber45 posted:

Registered and clicked the league link but there doesnt seem to be any open spaces at the mo?
If you want a new team you'll have to wait until the start of next season unfortunately. There are a couple of teams inactive in the last division though so I'm sure one could be made available to you so stick around.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I have seen DV increase on a friendly although it seems to be a very small bump compared to a competitive fixture because you might only see 1-2 players get a visible increase. Also the season has to have started.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Nephzinho posted:

I have so much money and no goddamn idea what to do with it.
Buy a bad rear end youth and spend the rest training him? How much is a lot of money anyway

bees everywhere posted:

I love how my win streak ended immediately after making this post and now I've only gotten 3 points in the last 4 games. PTizzle's right behind me with a game in hand, he could still win the whole shebang.
I should have tried to win but you looked unbeatable. My form also tanked when yours did as I kept prioritizing building for the future.

Flayer fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 18, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Onato posted:

It looks like my team has either been disbanded or I've been sacked. I've started a new team called Woefulhampton FC and I'm awaiting approval.
A new season is just about to start so the admin might be able to give you an inactive team to take over if you prefer. Good time to join anyway.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Well the Verts expectedly took a last day title from the Nerds, who suffered a catastrophic loss of form after looking uncatchable early on. I somehow finished 3rd despite my team's form falling off a cliff before the halfway mark was even reached, it was that kind of season.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The new season is kicking off on Sunday so great time to join! You would probably be better off taking over an inactive team if there is one and renaming it.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Love those Americanisms :allears:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Serie Goon is mad this season. Every team could still theoretically be champions or be relegated, very competitive. Well apart from my strike force which has managed 5 goals in 8 games...

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

PTizzle posted:

I'm genuinely honoured I'm still a worthy soaping target despite being relegated :patriot:

Has been a good scrap in the Elite Goonship this season! Flayer has been killing it.
And you stole TotM for Feb, you son of a gun!

Had an ok-ish CR, mainly boosted by a double jumping youth with 2 good skills into a 20/8. About 4 million gained just there.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Bringing back the bruise and heavily mark the keeper tactic I see. It will take more than to stop the enormous Icelandic giant I have in goal!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Hard Trainer and Greedy are the best player skills in this game aren't they, shame both are hidden.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Hallelujah! I stayed up! Despite a -5 goal difference and only scoring 8 goals in 10 games still managed to finish 3rd in Serie Goon. What a weird season.

Too bad your goal got disallowed, Pigs!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
2 double jumps :2bong:

Have noticed that when a player double jumps they usually seem to "make up" for it later by missing a jump when they should go up though.

Xpert Eleven: Online Football Manager FREE double jump for new players

Also it is best to wait a few days before clicking new season to give people a little extra time to work on any transfers they need (as well as get new managers to join)

Flayer fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 20, 2022

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Keeper is the hardest one develop I feel. My current keeper I worked on from originally being a 19/5 (obvious newb mistake there) and I feel like if I tried to do that again I would ship a goal a shot so it's not really workable. It's going to be a whole situation when that guy retires.

On the flip side goalies do get a more DV than other players but still require time on the pitch to get enough for development.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Any new managers signing up? Now's the time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It is time