Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lamuella posted:

Venue capacity was 2250 and New Japan say they sold out. Not sure how other events in LA have been selling.

The venue layout probably reduced the number of people visible on camera.

gotcha ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Normally I'd say you'd want to position the hard cam to catch most of the crowd to make the event look big but for the torch I think they picked the right position. Yeah the crowd looked small but the trade off is you get the front of the Collesium and stuff like the plaques and signs in the shot. It's a unique visual and worth the event looking small on the hard cam

Now they 100% should of had more wide shots to show the full crowd but NJPW US production continues to be awful

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The thing to remember is New Japan gives zero shits about shooting the crowd.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Cameo posted:

The thing to remember is New Japan gives zero shits about shooting the crowd.

Yeah, they don't give a gently caress and honestly it's pretty refreshing.