Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ahhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Hellblazer187 posted:

Well there goes Jay White's "only ever grandslam champion" gimmick.

And it’s the perfect guy to drive him insane about no longer being the only one :discourse:

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Humble Hawk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hellblazer187 posted:

Well there goes Jay White's "only ever grandslam champion" gimmick.

I can't wait to see the detestable knife pervert lose his loving mind over this.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ah, here we go

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Awww what a heartwarming promo, Lance

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was :3:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wonder if they'll do Lance/Mox/Tana at All Out

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like how Lance cheats his rear end off the whole match and then is like "drat Tana u da man I respect you"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
smh, no "I LOVE YOU"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

I like how Lance cheats his rear end off the whole match and then is like "drat Tana u da man I respect you"

That's the power of the Ace for you.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

:lol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

lol what a loving dork

go Ace

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Just makes sense. If someone like Archer feels like he needs to cheat to beat you then you're definitely someone to be respected.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

lol what a loving dork

I agree, it's the best :allears:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

“Please be quiet for this rippin guitar solo”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He brought the guitar to America! :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

He brought the guitar to America! :neckbeard:

Some Customs dude is getting fired for not finding it when they did his baggage check.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AISHITEMASU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Tanahashi is just out there vibin’

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I’m not sure any air guitar bit will ever top Tana ending a Power Struggle with one and Don Callis just legit going “this is the coolest thing I have ever seen”

And then later on his podcast with Lance admitting he did air guitar in his hotel room afterwards because of it :3:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

AISHITEMASU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

smh, no "I LOVE YOU"

Yaaaaaaaaay :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tanahashi you beautiful, beautiful man :swoon:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

God that's actually a great shot of Tana at the Collesium entrance

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That's the Ace of the goddamn Universe right there

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lance knows he's going to catch a beating from Gramps next time he steps foot in Japan

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Lance knows he's going to catch a beating from Gramps next time he steps foot in Japan

Yeah, and wait till he finds out he lost to Tanahashi tonight!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, classic fuckin' Tanahashi. Walking around, high-fivin', taking selfies.

Love that Ace.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

great to see a return of the classic tana go home promo complete with hand slapping and towel signing. fantastic work by lance too and you could tell his promo was genuine

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Torch seems like such a cool place to run a show too, from the shots of food trucks on site to the fact it has character few builds have

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Despite the Will bit, that was a great show to be at. The fireworks absolutely weren’t an NJPW thing, there was something else going on, cause Sweet Caroline was playing loudly afterwards.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man.

We saw the Impact title change hands in AEW.
We saw an Impact talent win the AAA women's title.
We saw two AEW talents fight over AAA's title.
We saw an Impact talent fight an NJPW talent in NJPW's ring.
We saw two AEW talents fight in NJPW's ring.
We saw multiple NJPW talents tease going to Impact and AEW.

And that was all in two days.

I dunno guys, feels like we're in the midst of something pretty loving special right now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

Man, classic fuckin' Tanahashi. Walking around, high-fivin', taking selfies.

Love that Ace.

So do we call you TJeff now?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Rarity posted:

So do we call you TJeff now?

The M is for Mr. Hiroshi Tanahashi.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

The M stands for
MAce

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Resurgence thoughts (short)

Everything about this was better with a crowd.

1) Fredericks vs Coughlin was a great warm up

2) Yuta and Rosser and Romero vs Narita and Connors and TJP was a blood feud with a tag match around it. Yuta v Connors looked great. Rosser v Narita was a fight to the death.

The "welcome back" package rocked.

3) Rush, Quest, Uemura, Chris Dickinson and Fred Yehi vs Team Filthy. Team Filthy look like a unit. Of scumbags. Kudos to Quest for stepping up. Rush is astonishing. Kratos is somehow pretty good. This is a fun dumb tag and the crowd were INTO it. Plus, Uemura Stronk. Uemura is going to be such a huge star.

SHIBATA! Japanese commentary chanting "holy poo poo"

4) Hikuleo vs Juice Robinson. Solid but unspectacular lionheart versus monster match. Hikuleo has got better

5) Ishii vs Moose. Moots is like a foot taller than Big Tam and thinks he can boss him around. Someone in this crowd is yelling "Moose is terrible! At wrestling". And the fact that he followed up to clarify what he thought Moose was terrible at is cracking me up. Long match, very good match, with Ishii dragging Moose to greatness

Wait, is that...

Ugh. Ospreay. The most talented man I never want to see wrestle again. He does some decent truth telling heel stuff about the title. He's going to be on Strong. So that means I have to review him. Boring. TJP gets up in his face and I sincerely hope for a ring collapse.

Anyway...

6) John Moxley and X versus the Good Brothers. And X turns out to be... BLUE JUSTICE! This is a fun hard hitting junk match, but not much more to say about it.

7) The Good Brothers vs Microphones. Easy win for Microphones, who punk the Good Brothers the gently caress out.

No mics needed as GoD absolutely dominate the Good Brothers post match.

Production all night has been rough as gently caress.

8) David Finlay vs Jay White. A technically very competent match that didn't really hold my attention. Switchblade is a good scumbag, Finlay is a good valiant face, but something about them together doesn't gel for me. This match was long and felt longer. Jay White wins. Oh.

Ishii out afterwards. OK, they've got my interest back.

9) Tanahashi vs Lance Archer. Lance Archer is SO HAPPY he gets to beat up young lions again. This is exactly the match I would expect of Tana and Archer at this point in time, and that's exactly what I want. A dangerous, absurdly agile force of nature beating relentlessly against the Ace of the Universe, but he can take it. He must take it. With your love and support and belief he WILL take it. The "What time is his flight back to Tokyo?" bit was loving great. Everything about this match was really well played. Archer isn't a heel here, he's a beast. It's his nature to fight and dominate and he is following that nature. And in turn it's in the nature of Tanahashi to overcome, to defy nature. A baying crowd chant to Archer to hit the ref, I love it. And Archer wins a lot of the crowd as we approach the end. And in the end, the love of the universe triumphs over death. Tana is the champion of these United States.

This was a largely great show with a couple of spots that lost my interest, and a main event that won it all back. Lance Archer is a loving main eventer. And his concession speech here was great.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I posted it when it happened but the Japanese commentator chanting "Holy poo poo" was Hiromu

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
not to be a jerk, but there was like 500 people there, was that because of pandemic restrictions or is that what njpw currently pulls in the states

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

graph posted:

not to be a jerk, but there was like 500 people there, was that because of pandemic restrictions or is that what njpw currently pulls in the states

Venue capacity was 2250 and New Japan say they sold out. Not sure how other events in LA have been selling.

The venue layout probably reduced the number of people visible on camera.

Only registered members can see post attachments!