Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m permabanned user marblechomper58

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

SNL soon to be horatio sans
I mean, he hasn't been on the show for like 20 years at this point, so I think it'll manage.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Knormal posted:

I mean, he hasn't been on the show for like 20 years at this point, so I think it'll manage.

But just look at the amazing comedy they were doing when he was around:

https://twitter.com/queeralamode/status/1426990554584256512?s=20

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Dubplate Fire posted:

does it really matter if Artie Langs nose was destroyed in one night of sniffing drugs vs decades sniffing drugs??

Artie is the only coke/heroin addict I've seen that GAINED weight during his decade long binges. I mean, I know the guy loves pancakes but c'mon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Knormal posted:

I wouldn't know that!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Bonzo posted:

Artie is the only coke/heroin addict I've seen that GAINED weight during his decade long binges. I mean, I know the guy loves pancakes but c'mon.

WELL I HAVE TO TASTE THE FOOD, CHARMAINE!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Horatio was using marblechomper@aol.com as late as 2012

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
- gently caress Jimmy Fallon
- Artie Lange is a lovable jerk and I appreciate him laying all his cards out since the 90s
- The rest of late night is poo poo-tier as well. Jimmy Kimmel can't run fast enough from his past, Stephen Colbert is in the wrong medium, and James Corden shouldn't be on television.

When Adam Carolla has the edge on integrity over Jimmy Kimmel, you know it's a bad time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
What is it about the entertainment industry that attracts creeps and/or pedos? Yikes.

Also,

Idiot Kicker posted:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jimmy Fallon turned out to be a better host than I ever expected him to be way back when he was announced for Late Night. He's at least better at that than he was as an SNL cast member.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

General Dog posted:

He's at least better at that than he was as an SNL cast member.

I'd imagine that he's a better shoe cobbler than an SNL cast member too.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Idiot Kicker posted:

- Artie Lange is a lovable jerk and I appreciate him laying all his cards out since the 90s
- The rest of late night is poo poo-tier as well. Jimmy Kimmel can't run fast enough from his past, Stephen Colbert is in the wrong medium, and James Corden shouldn't be on television.

When Adam Carolla has the edge on integrity over Jimmy Kimmel, you know it's a bad time.

In my opinion, Colbert didn't get nearly enough poo poo for letting Sean "I'm a complete and utter loving liar" Spicer get up there and laugh about the poo poo job he did at the Emmy's. Dickhead.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Idiot Kicker posted:

When did this happen?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kntfkr posted:

I hope this kills SNL and somehow takes Jimmy Fallon down as well.

SNL will never die

It will be the last show broadcast before the sun swallows the earth

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Arties a bad liar, I loved the old prank calls on Stern where they'd get a recorded message from Artie saying he's too sick to come into work and harass businesses with it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Kharnifex posted:

Arties a bad liar, I loved the old prank calls on Stern where they'd get a recorded message from Artie saying he's too sick to come into work and harass businesses with it.

"Hey Gar *cough cough* it's me, Art...I'm sick as a dog *cough*"

There was also the time where he said he wasn't going to be in because he found a doctor that would give him a 6am appointment or something

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uisoo7qPGM

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Nuts and Gum posted:

When did this happen?

Yeah wait I need receipts for that, you can't say something that bold without some proof

Adam Carolla is mega cursed so wtf did Kimmel do that was possibly worse?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Adam Carolla's whole thing now is complaining about "cancel culture" yet he's somehow always on TV or radio so I dunno how that works. Jackass.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I just mean that Jimmy pretends he was never a shithead in his young Comedy Central days and Adam kind of owns it. Nothing good about Adam, just I loathe Jimmy Kimmel.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Can we dig up any dirt on Chris Kattan

That creepy little gremlin must have some skeletons in his closet

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It’s called Corky Romano

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Yeah you don't need to put in any extra effort to get Chris Kattan cancelled.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

christ catan was cancelled in 2004 over the mango character.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Apparently I wasn't caught up on all the latest scumbag news. I like some of these guys. :sigh:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Idiot Kicker posted:

Lmao if you think Carolla has any integrity. He's a huge piece of poo poo, and as mealy-mouthed as Kimmel can be, Jimmy is much better than Adam.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Imagine feeling the need to stand up for jimmy kimmel

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Seth Meyers has dead eyes and looks like a serial murderer

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Smugworth posted:

Can we dig up any dirt on Chris Kattan

That creepy little gremlin must have some skeletons in his closet

He recently came out and said he felt pressured to have sex with some female director, and Lorne Michaels allegedly said something like, “Jesus, Chris, why couldn’t you just gently caress her?!”

Here’s the story:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/snl-chris-kattan-lorne-michaels-pressured-me-to-have-sex-with-clueless-director-amy-heckerling

Here’s the director’s response:
https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/amy-heckerling-chris-kattan-lorne-michaels-sex-claims.html

In the end :shrug:

Oh also, it looks like he got a DUI in 2017

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kinmel losing a game of basketball to Ted loving Cruz is grosser than anything he ever did on The Man Show or whatever.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He recently came out and said he felt pressured to have sex with some female director, and Lorne Michaels allegedly said something like, “Jesus, Chris, why couldn’t you just gently caress her?!”

Here’s the story:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/snl-chris-kattan-lorne-michaels-pressured-me-to-have-sex-with-clueless-director-amy-heckerling

Here’s the director’s response:
https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/amy-heckerling-chris-kattan-lorne-michaels-sex-claims.html

In the end :shrug:

Oh also, it looks like he got a DUI in 2017
Really I think this reflects more negatively on Amy Heckerling than anything.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

EL BROMANCE posted:

Kinmel losing a game of basketball to Ted loving Cruz is grosser than anything he ever did on The Man Show or whatever.

Probably because it means that he deliberately and gladly interacted with Ted Cruz in any way

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

EL BROMANCE posted:

The Man Show is a show that was incredible when I was 14 and now I really, really dread ever watching it today.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Justin Godscock posted:

The Man Show is a show that was incredible when I was 14 and now I really, really dread ever watching it today.

Yeah I have like no interest in ever watching it again. I feel like people would think you were making some of it up

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Imagine feeling the need to stand up for jimmy kimmel

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah I have like no interest in ever watching it again. I feel like people would think you were making some of it up

I mean besides ending every show with girls on trampolines and having the "Juggy Dance Squad" there was poo poo like this:

Wikipedia posted:

One recurring skit featured Kimmel's impression of former Utah Jazz star Karl Malone. Kimmel would appear in blackface make-up while wearing a bald cap and body suit, filmed at an angle which made it look like Kimmel (who is much shorter in real life than Malone) was very tall, and dole out advice on subjects such as history, health, and China. The impression pokes fun at Malone's well-known inarticulacy, and Kimmel's impression strongly implied that Malone was stupid, reliant on having the "Jamz" star player repeat himself constantly, refer to himself in the third person, speak in an odd Southern accent, and throw in a large number of double negatives.[6]

Also loving hell I never realized Joe Rogan took over hosting after Kimmel and Corolla left.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I mean besides ending every show with girls on trampolines and having the "Juggy Dance Squad" there was poo poo like this:

Also loving hell I never realized Joe Rogan took over hosting after Kimmel and Corolla left.

Yeah and he predictably made it somehow worse

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope.

While gross, the original show was rooted in a 1950s, lodge brother style of chauvinism that could almost be charming. After the hosts changed, the show got dark.

Horatio Sanz had a recurring role on Showtime's Black Monday for a couple of seasons. This is a bummer for me, personally, because now I have to watch the show around him when I go back to old episodes. :911:

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will always remember when Adam Carolla said that when God causes a flood and people are swimming in the river ; he’s taking out the trash.

I thought that was mean when I was a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Adam Carolla loves, LOVES, to talk about how he did construction work forty loving years ago or whatever