Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

We've got a Wrestle Universe doubleshot so I figured i'd just do a shared thread rather that making GBS threads up the puro thread by treating it as a GDT for the few people of here that watch both promotions

forkboy84 posted:

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EST/12am PST

NOAH Kawasaki Go!
Cultz, Kawasaki
Funky Express (Akitoshi Saito, King Tani & Mohammed Yone) vs Kai Fujimura, Kinya Okada & Yasutaka Yano
Daiki Inaba vs Masa Kitamiya
Los Perros del Mal de Japon (Ikuto Hidaka, Kotaro Suzuki & NOSAWA Rongai) vs Momo no Seishun (Atsushi Kotoge, Daisuke Harada & Junta Miyawaki)
Hajime Ohara vs Kaito Kiyomiya
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu)(c) vs Kongo (Aleja & Tadasuke)
Kongo (Haoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh & Manabu Soya) vs Sugiuragun (Daisuke Nakamura, Kazushi Sakuraba, Kazuyuki Fujita & Kendo Kashin)
Great Muta & MARUFUJI vs Stinger (HAYATA & Yoshinari Ogawa)
GHC National & Zero1 World Heavyweight Titles: Takashi Sugiura(c) vs Masato Tanaka(c)
Live & free on ABEMA
Live in English on Wrestle Universe

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EST/2:30am PST

DDT Summer Vacation 2021
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Hideki Okatani vs Mizuki Watase
Antonio Honda, Chris Brookes, Danshoku Dieno & Keigo Nakamura vs Disaster Box (HARASHIMA, Kazuki Hirata, Naomi Yoshimura & Toru Owashi
Damnation (Soma Takao, Tetsuya Endo & Yuji Hino vs Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Yuya Koroku
Akito & Yuki Ueno vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki & Mad Paulie)
Sanshiro Takagi & Shiro Koshinaka vs Yuki Iino & Yukio Naya
DDT Extreme Title - Hardcore Judo Match: Shinya Aoki(c) vs MAO
KO-D Tag Team Titles: 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita & Shunma Katsumata)(c) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama & Yusuke Okada)
Live on Wrestle Universe

Main event of the NOAH show should be real goddamn good with the old man violence and worth any potential overrun, and the top two matches of the DDT show look to be hype as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

*silently moves the "wrestling shows I have to watch today" counter to 5*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God there is so much wrestling today :stonklol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God there is so much wrestling today :stonklol:

You're telling me, I've still got half of Resurgence to catch up on as well as All Japan doing two shows today. It's worth it though. Wrestling is good, I can always go food shopping later

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Seems the times were off, first match is on right now :derp:

e: or this is an old singles match I can't tell

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Aug 15, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

You're telling me, I've still got half of Resurgence to catch up on as well as All Japan doing two shows today. It's worth it though. Wrestling is good, I can always go food shopping later

Catching up on Triplemania now before NOAH, haven't even had a chance to look at TJPW. loving hell, is this... is this what heaven is like?

SG Bamboo posted:

Seems the times were off, first match is on right now :derp:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh, okay. It was a singles match to see who would be taking Murakami's spot in the N-1. Which ended in a double countout...I guess this is the preshow

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Catching up on Triplemania now before NOAH, haven't even had a chance to look at TJPW. loving hell, is this... is this what heaven is like?

Noah was scheduled to start in 15 minutes anyway so no idea how you were going to swing that. Good luck eitherway bud

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Noah was scheduled to start in 15 minutes anyway so no idea how you were going to swing that. Good luck eitherway bud

I already saw most of the show, was just gonna check out Andrade vs. Kenny, got as far as the entrance RIC FLAIR SHOWED UP!?!?! when I saw the show had started early.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait now the show is NOT on!?! Stop doing this to me, NOAH!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hooray, Kendo Kashin is going to the N-1. What will Tani and Yone be doing that tour I wonder

Jerusalem posted:

I already saw most of the show, was just gonna check out Andrade vs. Kenny, got as far as the entrance RIC FLAIR SHOWED UP!?!?! when I saw the show had started early.

Looking through Hisame's twitter I can't see any announcement about a preshow match, so I guess I was lucky enough to catch the last 5 minutes by tuning into the stream early

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Show is starting (again!)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okay, we're live for real this time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm not sure exactly what this is but i'm here for it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't know what is going on but that was loving awesome!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hell yeah, going back to the Budokan!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

First week of 2022 gonna be loving awesome.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Daiki Inabi is not in for a good time here. Kitamiya is violent and hungry for bodies

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Until they said it on commentary it didn't really click for me just how similar the tag champs' (Kiyomiya and Kitamiya) names are

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Daiki Inabi is not in for a good time here. Kitamiya is violent and hungry for bodies

He did surprisingly well!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

He did surprisingly well!

Hopefully that means good things for N-1, he did look real good here.

Love me some Kinya Okada, that kickboy is my favourite non-Uemura rookie

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Still can't believe they took the Funky King crown from Yone :mad:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Saito may be old and busted, but he still throws a hell of a lariat

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sigh

I miss Momo no Seishun's old music

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Considering Kiyomiya lost to Ogawa at Misawa's memorial show, there's a solid chance he loses to Ohara in Ohara's hometown

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The 25 year old young star looked great despite losing to the Great Muta..... hmmm, sensing a pattern here.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jeez Harada, put a shirt on if you're coming down to support your boy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bit on that one

Fuckin drilled him right in the face with that dropkick

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This is real good, hoping Stinger don't lose the belts in their first defence no matter how good Kongoh are

e: ah, wonderful

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Aug 15, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

This is real good, hoping Stinger don't lose the belts in their first defence no matter how good Kongoh are

Your wish was granted :)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ah Saku, you glorious weirdo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A kick to the Takoyakis! :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This little motherfucker in there trying to dropkick Shrek.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ol' Ironhead has no time for your poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I like NOAH and all but it would be nice to see a 'youngster' beat one of these old guys sometime. By 'youngster' I mean anybody sub-40.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Fulton has a way with words

"Fujita has the power of 10 jet engines, each of which have the power of 10 jet engines"

Jerusalem posted:

I like NOAH and all but it would be nice to see a 'youngster' beat one of these old guys sometime. By 'youngster' I mean anybody sub-40.

Yeah, I can get that, you'd have hoped they would have taken the right lesson from the whole Misawa situation but they keep doing the same thing, it's a shame

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

What a world we live in where Yoshinari Ogawa has to stop Kaito Kiyomiya from breaking the rules and disqualifying them

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Old guys winning a bunch isn't even a problem, New Japan does it a lot too. But it feels like the young guys NEVER win at the pivotal or necessary point, which is pretty lame.

SG Bamboo posted:

Fulton has a way with words

"Fujita has the power of 10 jet engines, each of which have the power of 10 jet engines"

Haha, that's pretty great.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Low blow city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

And of course because NOAH shows always run at least three hours, the DDT show is starting in two minutes. The undercard isn't amazing so I'll just switch over after Sugiura/Tanaka