Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
"Your Boys" stable is a concept from the OSW Review group ranking five of your favorite Boys in wrestling. These are wrestlers who were never at the top of the card during their run and it'd be a little embarrassing to admit that they're one of your favorite wrestlers. Generally, holding a top title in an international promotion (AEW, WWE, NJPW, WCW, etc) disqualifies that person from being a "boy"

Officially described by Jay Hunter on Reddit here:

quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OSWReview/comments/96ry7b/your_boy_stable_megathread/

• As long as they haven't been WWF/WWE/WWE World/WCW/IWGP World champion and there's a little bit of cringe, they're in.

• This means ECW, TNA, ROH, ICW and the other world titles don't disqualify you. Most wrestlers are probably eligible for boydom! NWA doesn't count as long as the company wasn't affiliated with WCW at the time (so Dusty = nope, R-Truth = fine)

• ALL WOMEN are eligible - in WWE, the women's titles and division is not on a par with the male world titles, so they're all in, even Asuka, for the time being. Female boys are called Cailíns! (Call-eens)

• Past champions WHO ARE ELIGIBLE: As per Episode 73, Dolph Ziggler, Great Khali, Jack Swagger and Jinder Mahal (we're giving them a pass considering the quality of their run and career since) as well as Finlay, Christian and Regal (we fought V1 over this but he had none of it)

• Non-Champions who aren't eligible: Earthquake (he was actually great), Piper, DiBiase, Owen, Garvin, Jake, Perfect, Razor. That kind of zero-cringe main event in a territory

• Your bottom boy is your #1 boy!

So the TLDR is kinda cringy wrestlers, usually jobbers or mid-carders who never went on to be a major champion. There's a lot of wrestlers like this I consider some of my favorites of all time and I think it'd be fun to talk about these wrestlers and get away from the negativity in wrestling today. Hopefully.

My Club

• Masa Takanashi (DDT Pro)
    --My favorite lad. Masa Takanashi was one of the first guys I got attached to when I started watching DDT over ten years ago. He was always a perpetual loser and usually someone's henchmen throughout his early career until the outstanding Daisuke Sekimoto title run in DDT where he dialed it up to 11 and had one of my favorite matches of all time. He kept grinding in the mid-card for years and years and his most recent stuff has been with Choco Pro Wrestling and being Chris Brooke's drunk tag-team partner. He's a jobber for life, but he's a very endearing one and at least once yearly I'll go back to the Sekimoto/Takanashi title match and the entire Beer Garden week where Masa and ASUKA/Veny basically binge drank for an entire week because all their matches involved alcohol.

• Paul Burchill (WWE)
    --I can't really put my finger on why I like Paul so much. Maybe it was because despite looking like an intense guy, he leaned all the way into the dumb gimmicks he was saddled with including becoming a Pirate on Smackdown, or becoming a super-villain in a feud with The Hurricane, but his in-ring work was pretty amazing to me at the time. He used both the standing C-4/Spanish Fly and the Curb Stomp (The Super Dragon version) before I'd ever really gotten into wrestling outside of the WWE so they were incredible to me.

• Makoto (ICE Ribbon/WNC & SMASH/Reina)
    --I started watching Makoto when she was a rookie in ICE Ribbon. She had extreme social anxiety (IRL) and was often afraid of her own shadow. She came from the same group that Kana, Hikaru Shida, Io Shirai, and Syuri came from and all have found incredible success in wrestling now except for Makoto. Once she started gaining confidence, her gimmick evolved into wanting to be a WWE Diva, and eventually she ended up with her "mother" accompanying her to matches and basically acting like Karen.

• Brian Clark aka Wrath/Adam Bomb/Kronik (WCW/WWE)
    --I don't know what it was about Wrath when I was a kid that made me such a fan. I still don't. When he was feuding briefly with Goldberg because they both had undefeated streaks I was 100% rooting for Wrath. He's tall, he's an average wrestler, he has no charisma but it's comforting to know he's popped up on social media again and seems like an okay dude.

• Dexter Lumis aka Shammuel Shaw (Impact/NXT)
    --I just like cheesy horror movies and this guy is the worst, cheesiest kind of serial killer in wrestling. I don't care about his matches, I just unironically think his promo packages are funny. He's a serial killer who just stares at people and draws theme park caricatures. It's so bad it wraps around to great to me. Also one of my favorite movies is Nic Cage's version of The Wicker Man so maybe it's just the absurdity that I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My stable was La Résistance. Done.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Edward Mass posted:

My stable was La Résistance. Done.
That's only three, you can pick two from The Un-Americans

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

RealFoxy posted:

That's only three, you can pick two from The Un-Americans

FINE, William Regal and Lance Storm are also there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

layla el
scotty riggs
ahmed johnson
lash leroux
Trent

i wanted to put taiji ishimori on this but he isn't cringe. don't say he is

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thought this was going to be a moderator closed thread about the posters on this forum being put into stables with eachother as chosen by other posters.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Do not feel ashamed, this Taiji Ishimori vs Kota Ibushi match is what kickstarted the Young Bucks style

https://indavideo.hu/video/DDT_-_Kota_Ibushi_vs_Taiji_Ishimori

I think it was also one of the matches that made Kenny Omega want to go to Japan to wrestle Ibushi

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have decided to replace lash leroux with taiji. but lash leroux is strongly allied with the boys. he will join them in war games

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

* Hirooki Goto: the King of Boys. The first match I saw that made me get the appeal of New Japan was Shibata vs Goto from Wrestle Kingdom 8 and since then I’ve loved seeing him do his cool spinning wheel kicks and shoutens and stuff and then losing.

* Summer Rae: she got exactly what her character was supposed to be and played it to the hilt. An evil cackling witch of a wrestler.

* Dana Brooke: goddamn she tries so hard. I still maintain that she could have been a contender if they didn’t call her up for no reason before she actually knew how to wrestle. Also apparently a sweetheart in real life.

* Chuck Mambo/TK Cooper: this is sort of a double pick because the pair of them were perennial fun midcard wrestlers in the UK and Riptide Wrestling decided to make Mambo their top babyface and world champion. The story they told, with Cooper being resentful of Mambo’s rise and connection with the crowd, led to a handful of great matches and I’m hoping that Riptide can come back post-pandemic.

* Chik Tormenta: of all the luchadors I see during my yearly excursions into AAA, she’s my favorite. Usually took hellacious bumps in the multi-woman clusterfucks that Triplemania has had.

* Sumire Natsu: beautiful, hilarious, yells at children. What more needs to be said about everyone’s favorite hag?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dana Brooke is an honorary girl for me, I like her old flippy entrance and she does try pretty drat hard. She had a great match with Asuka in NXT while she was Eva Marie's muscle and I loved her as the statistician Titus World Wide, I'd love to see what she could do outside of the WWE, and she's only 32.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

RealFoxy posted:

Dana Brooke is an honorary girl for me, I like her old flippy entrance and she does try pretty drat hard. She had a great match with Asuka in NXT while she was Eva Marie's muscle and I loved her as the statistician Titus World Wide, I'd love to see what she could do outside of the WWE, and she's only 32.

Yeah that’s the thing about Brooke. If the Performance Center actually did what it was supposed to, she’d be great. But she never actually got the chance to learn how to wrestle.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

Yeah that’s the thing about Brooke. If the Performance Center actually did what it was supposed to, she’d be great. But she never actually got the chance to learn how to wrestle.
She's a former fitness model with a gymnastics background, if she were five years younger and had hit AEW first she'd probably be doing perfect Phoenix Splashes and deadlift German Suplexes.

She's the right girl at the wrong time like Molly Holly or Eve Torres who could've done extremely well a generation or two after they had their peak.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vampiro

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A stable consisting entirely of like 6 Mondai Ryus.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Brian Pillman, Johnny Devine, Owen Hart, Lance Storm & Jack Evans

The Dungeon.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 16, 2021

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Taichi (cringe af and I love him for it)
Hirooki Goto (also cringe because he keeps choking)
Kzy (it's Kzy Time... never? DG pls)
Ryusuke Taguchi (he did win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title, but he's fallen from the top of the junior pecking order and has gotten mega cringe--if not then Master Wato is an easy replacement)
Hyper Misao
Gangrel (my favorite out of The Brood)

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Blue Meanie
I would do the belly dance as I taunted for my special in WWF No Mercy, also punched out the shithead JBL

Nasty Leroy
Sometimes that poo poo borders on exploitative but every time The Nasty Man does his thing I am glued in. Dude pulled a gun during a comedy backyard match and the majority opinion was Thats So Larry

Rick Victor
My favorite dude when I was going to the Largo Loop shows. You all don't need me to explain Spacelord Vik but I loved when his Twitter was @RickVictor69

Liv Morgan
Another Largo Loop favorite, once someone in the crowd yelled they had pizza for her after the match, she replied in enthusiasm, and at the end of the show its Liv Morgan out there in an armory parking lot eating pizza out of someone's hatchback

Shlak
El Shlako is my Bottom Boy, I don't support the biker enthusiasm but the steroids and deathwish are extremely my poo poo. Shlak Sabre Jr. dumping himself on his head trying to do cruiserweight moves is my ideal form of wrestling.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

To Shlak's credit he did denounce neo nazi's although he kinda both sided his stance I just think he's a harmless dumbass that just doesn't care about politics. He's never even said anything controversial, just been pictured with a neo nazi punk band.

Viktor also rules, so does Meanie and Hyper Misao.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Johnny Blast. Got it in one.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi
Has been my favourite wrestler since the first time I saw him do his dumb loving entrance with Miho Abe. I took an international flight to spend all of one day in Japan to see him wrestle Tetsuya Naito at TAKATaichiMania and it was the best decision of my life. Everyone loves him now but Taichi was still my boy when he was loving around with TAKA in the junior heavyweights.

Tyler Breeze
Another wrestler who I was fully on board with from the moment I saw his stupid entrance. He was the reason I started watching NXT and I was so happy to see him get the rub of the Liger match afterwards. The Breezango fashion cops bits were something I sought out long after I'd given up watching WWE.

Gianni Valletta
A big giant Maltese dude that AJPW brought in through Tajiri. He's basically a Bruiser Brody tribute act. He's not the kind of wrestler most people watch puro for but I can't help but laugh at him throwing all the chairs everywhere and swinging his chain around. He forever has a place on the list because of how nervous and excited he was when I bought a shirt from him and he had to run off to get change from Naoya Nomura as Joe Doering sang a song about the big man needing to make change.

Chikara
Chikara is the grandson of Rikidozan and objectively he is a terrible wrestler but he is so endearing with the stupid way he screams when he throws chops. The first time I ever saw him wrestle against Seiki Yoshioka in AJPW's junior league I couldn't get through the match without laughing. Also he really loving loves Darth Vader.

The Bodyguard
For a guy who got into wrestling at the age of 40 he's decent. The Big Guns were a great tag team but obviously Zeus did all the heavy lifting. Recently he's been running his own promotion, Colega, that runs six times a week and he's booked himself as the top face who gets betrayed by literally everyone, but it works because he's just so likeable. Also he has a top ten ever entrance theme.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not super sure i'm using the right criteria but whatever

Yoshi-Hashi (has been less of a boy in the last year since he's held the company on his back with the Trios Titles but he's been one of my favourites for years)
Kazuki Hirata (TOKYOOOOOOOO. My favourite comedy dude in wrestling, even if some of the stuff he does is pretty cringe)
Hyper Misao (See the above entry but substitue dude for lady)
Mei Saint-Michel (The tiny lady in the poofy maid skirt turns everything she touches to gold)
DOUKI (He's not cringe but he never wins. That is looking less and less likely to change this year but i'll never stop believing in that masked dirtbag)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ad by Khad posted:

Johnny Blast. Got it in one.
He's an exception to don't meet your heroes. I saw him when I was like 13 and thought he ruled because he kinda looked like Rhino or Wrath and came out to Runnin' With the Devil by Van Halen

Then I met him as an adult after MSW blew up and he was an awesome person behind the scenes too. Zaqtaro and Scotty Slasher will attest to this, dude's a class act.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Steve Blackman
Gangrel
Alex Wright
Perry Saturn
Big Boss Man

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Douki feels like a current boy

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Fuckin Rhyno/Rhino, dude is an 80s minivan that came to life because of a curse by a witch and discovered that he could make a living by running motherfuckers over. May Allah bless his tree legs, box torso, and lil t rex arms.

here he is surgically removing Taz's soul from his body

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Heath Slater
Chaos Project
Kilynn King
Captain New Japan
Elijah Burke/D'Angelo Dinero

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ooooh, boys stable time

* Chaos Project

* Dana Brooke

* Kilynn King

* No Way Jose

* Steve Blackman

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Fuckin Rhyno/Rhino, dude is an 80s minivan that came to life because of a curse by a witch and discovered that he could make a living by running motherfuckers over. May Allah bless his tree legs, box torso, and lil t rex arms.

here he is surgically removing Taz's soul from his body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuvJnju23Hg

This dude just ran full speed into a shopping cart, he didn't even care.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lily Catts posted:

Taichi (cringe af and I love him for it)
Hirooki Goto (also cringe because he keeps choking)
Kzy (it's Kzy Time... never? DG pls)
Ryusuke Taguchi (he did win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title, but he's fallen from the top of the junior pecking order and has gotten mega cringe--if not then Master Wato is an easy replacement)
Hyper Misao
Gangrel (my favorite out of The Brood)

Taichi & Gangrel would make a pretty sweet spooky boi tag team.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'll make an actual list later, but I just wanted to post so I could note that my favorite Boy-level wrestlers for YEARS was Kofi, then Kofi won the world title and seemingly graduated from Boy-dom.

But then I saw the exception clauses, and now I'm curious: does Kofi being humiliated by Brock and Lashley, depushed back into midcard hell as soon as he was done being eaten by the Big Musclemen, and hosed over by bad booking and dearth of challengers even during his run let alone after it qualify him for the Champions Exempt list? Or does the fact that he's actually really good and did have the really excellent Wretlemania Feud and Title Win in a top-tier match with Bryan and finally managed a really great match with Orton after several misses to win that feud and give his title run and arguably his career a great capstone before Brock destroyed him keep him on the "Not A Boy Anymore," tier following the logic of the Earthquake/Razor/Dibiase rule?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

I'll make an actual list later, but I just wanted to post so I could note that my favorite Boy-level wrestlers for YEARS was Kofi, then Kofi won the world title and seemingly graduated from Boy-dom.

But then I saw the exception clauses, and now I'm curious: does Kofi being humiliated by Brock and Lashley, depushed back into midcard hell as soon as he was done being eaten by the Big Musclemen, and hosed over by bad booking and dearth of challengers even during his run let alone after it qualify him for the Champions Exempt list? Or does the fact that he's actually really good and did have the really excellent Wretlemania Feud and Title Win in a top-tier match with Bryan and finally managed a really great match with Orton after several misses to win that feud and give his title run and arguably his career a great capstone before Brock destroyed him keep him on the "Not A Boy Anymore," tier following the logic of the Earthquake/Razor/Dibiase rule?
That's their definition of the Boys stable, if you love Kofi then put him in. Even if he was a World Champion he was never treated like one.

Kofi beating up Randy Orton's Nascar is one of my personal favorite moments as he screamed "I got you Randy" and then he immediately got dropped because Randy complained about a botch.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Oooh, I actually forgot someone in my stable

* Jimmy Del Ray. Watching through OSW and some old Heavenly Bodies matches and this dude loving ruled.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Angelico - Kind of a dirtbag, lots of crotch thrusting, debuted as a stalker creepo in LU, but he's been my dude for years and he should be a way bigger deal than he is.

Sean O'Haire - I always thought he was one of WWE's big missed opportunities. Tall ripped guy who could move like a cruiser, great look, good talker, cool character? How do you gently caress that up? Oh right, WWE gave him stupid material and buried him.

The Ascension (NXT version) - Viktor's good, Konnor's decent, but I love these goofy Stargate Illuminati Steampunk Mortal Kombat Vampires whose mission is to eliminate smiles and laughter. They're pure e-fed and it's awesome.

Tara/Victoria - Probably the most successful of these, but I think she could've risen to industry icon status in a different time. Widow's Peak is still one of my favorite finishers. Only mild cringe for the dated Hot Topic "cRaZy vOiCeS" thing.

If lazy stereotype WWE gimmicks count for cringe, I'll add Uhaa Nation & Akira Tozawa too. Both are awesome when they're not hamstrung by bad gimmicks and the generic WWE style, and I wish they'd sign anywhere else. So it might as well be my weird timeless void wrestling promotion here.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

None of my faves are cringe because they all rule. Like Taichi, Taichi clearly rules. 2016 Taichi might count but Taichi now is king.

Susumu Yokosuka - is Open The Dream Gate an international title? I'll say no. When I got back into Dragon Gate after PAC returned from years hiding under the Tyne Bridge I really got into Natural Vibes. At first the dumb dancing was ironic but then slowly I noticed "oh hey, Horiguchi was in ROH, that guy is MCkz who briefly was in a Chikara King of Trios with Up In Smoke" and "oh, Punch sucks" but I also noticed an older guy in the back row of the dance who clearly is as uncomfortable at dancing as me. This was endearing and relatable. Month later he won the Brave Gate belt and Month after Month had baller matches with younger guys like Flamita & U-T & Jason Lee & Kaito Ishida. But it was love at first dance.

Ultramantis Black - The Dark shaman leader of the Order of the Neo–Solar Temple. He did lucha style Chikara stuff, he did death matches, endlessly entertaining on the mic and commentary and his power violence record his dope.

Chris Hero - But to be specific, mid 2000s Chris Hero, master of the Cravate. He was so wonderfully smug and hateable. Doing all these totally unnecessary flips and flourishes while clearly having watched too much World of Sport. But it was great fun. Later Hero was better but this is the one I have fondest memories of.

Fuminori Abe - Abe is one of those Japanese indie guys that turns up everywhere except New Japan. He's appeared for 14 different promotions this year according to Cagematch & 21 last year. And Cagematch is definitely missing appearances. He's a disciple of Battlarts graduate Munenori Sawa, at 5'8 he's cursed with small size but if you want to watch someone kill dudes, Abe is your guy as well as mine. His home promotion is BASARA which has gotten harder to follow since they split from the DDT/Cyberfight family but this year he's been in Big Japan (his Tag Team with Takuya Nomura is best in the world ATM), All Japan, Gatoh Move, 666, Hard Hit, he gets around and that's endearing.

Yoshinobu Kanemaru - was going to go with Togo but then I remembered the eternally underrated Uncle Nobu, drunken vaguely sleazy Junior. For 25 years now Kanemaru has been a steady reliable hand. He's still one of the best Juniors New Japan have, you're not getting MOTYC from him very often but nor is he stinking up the joint. The by-word is consistency, a bit like Susumu, and I do like a consistent guy

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
BOTTOM BOY: Tyler Breeze

I would've absolutely accepted him as a main eventer. No I don't care that the Zoolander gimmick should disqualify him. Book him as the new Shawn Michaels.

• Moredecai
  • Steven Richards
  • "The Vintner" Eric Rowan
  • Rob Conway('s music)
  • Big Daddy V
  • Tye Dillinger
  • Pirate Paul Birchill

Special mention to Right to Censor as a stable/gimmick. My absolute Bottom Boy faction. Brilliant cheap heat, absolute cringe.

I think a lot of people that are being picked aren't uncool to like enough, but whatever.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is bam bam bigelow cringe?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

TV Zombie posted:

Is bam bam bigelow cringe?

He's definitely a boy; the cringe mostly comes from how WWE desperately tried to push him in the New Generation (Wrestlemania XI anyone?).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

sticklefifer posted:

Tara/Victoria - Probably the most successful of these, but I think she could've risen to industry icon status in a different time. Widow's Peak is still one of my favorite finishers. Only mild cringe for the dated Hot Topic "cRaZy vOiCeS" thing.

I will never stop complaining about the way the WWE basically erased her from their history and I do hope she ends up working with AEW in some fashion in the future.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vandar posted:

I will never stop complaining about the way the WWE basically erased her from their history and I do hope she ends up working with AEW in some fashion in the future.

Last I heard she was done with wrestling and had a pizza joint

I appreciate her for using e-wrestling finish though (Gory Special Neckbreaker)

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i guess my guys/girl would fall into three categories

geek deservedly pushed as such
captain new japan pre bone soldier

popular upper midcarders who reached their career heights in their late 30s and are booked appropriately by majors
taichi
eddie kingston

-goto syndrome-
jungle kyona
kzy