Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

The first time I watched Lynch's Dune I was on a small dose of mushrooms and it made total sense. Well, peace *flies away on magic carpet*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I think the ending of them is the best ending of there three Eva endings tbh

I don't know how I feel about which is best yet but 3.0+1.0 certainly was incredible. I'm going to rewatch shin godzilla and maybe finally track down love & pop for some more Anno

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

still sitting in the eva slump from binging all four movies this weekend lmao. gonna do what i did when i watched the series as a kid and slam through flcl as a cooldown

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I fall asleep every time I watch dune and wake up during something hosed up Like a fat guy screaming as he levitates so it’s fun to watch.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I fall asleep every time I watch dune and wake up during something hosed up Like a fat guy screaming as he levitates so it’s fun to watch.

This

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not sure if I should rewatch original Eva before the rebuilds. I'm afraid watching one might affect my opinion of the other

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Klowner posted:

Not sure if I should rewatch original Eva before the rebuilds. I'm afraid watching one might affect my opinion of the other

theres some stuff that makes more sense if you remember some of the Lore from the original but otherwise you probably dont need to imo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The main thing I dislike in Dune 1984 is the narration. It's very clumsy just like in Blade Runner theatrical cut!!!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The main thing I dislike in Dune 1984 is the narration. It's very clumsy just like in Blade Runner theatrical cut!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM5lOk2JHI8

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

l;mfao

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I've been watching some Odd Taxi, OP, it's pretty interesting so far.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

lol

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
3+1 is one of my favorite movies ever now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nearly finished with my Eva rewatch, godly show. These kids were put through so much....

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 18, 2021

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I would have had a great time in an Eva and hanging out with the penguin

Watching Apocalypse Now (original theatrical cut) for the first time and Willards narration is good. I guess because it's his actual thoughts vs trying to explain the plot of the movie

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

this is exactly why it kicks rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

I would have had a great time in an Eva and hanging out with the penguin

Watching Apocalypse Now (original theatrical cut) for the first time and Willards narration is good. I guess because it's his actual thoughts vs trying to explain the plot of the movie

Yeah the narration in Apocalypse Now isn’t really exposition like the other movies, it works in the film

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

going to rewatch hajime no ippo: the fighting so that I can finally watch season 2 and 3

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

P-Mack posted:

I loved both of the previous endings so I'm extremely hype for this

lived up to the hype

detractors, doubters, haters all btfo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Ah, the TV turned off?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ah, the TV turned off?

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ah, the TV turned off?

I wish.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I liked Messiah and Children of Dune. I stopped there but I've been thinking about picking up the whole series and going through it, I know it gets pretty fuckin weird as it goes on

I put down Children of Dune when the big plan the evil villain had come up with was to just, like, train tigers to maul twins and then let the tigers at the twins.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

I put down Children of Dune when the big plan the evil villain had come up with was to just, like, train tigers to maul twins and then let the tigers at the twins.

Then you missed the part where Leto fused with sandworm larva to become a human sandworm hybrid

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Then you missed the part where Leto fused with sandworm larva to become a human sandworm hybrid

I did that also.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I did that also.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I really liked the old dune movie when I saw it.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

My favorite end of Evangelion is still End of Evangelion

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Imo we’re blessed to have three perfect endings

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just watched the first episode of Serial Experiments Lain for the first time, pretty weird. The dad's speech about learning to live your life both on and offline is pretty insightful cos I think it's from the 90s?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lain is good and you know because it has approximately a billion shots of power lines and poles, cf Evangelion

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol the power lines is one fo the things that stuck out most to me ya

Also the guy reading the episode title I am 99% sure is identical to the guy reading out assassin names in No More Heroes and Suda almost certainly got it from this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RIP Sonny Chiba