Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

mrbotus posted:

I started studying Mandarin Chinese in 2014. I lived in Taiwan for about a year and I'm conversationally fluent. I haven't done much studying the past year (2021), but I can still get by and read news articles as long as the subject isn't too specialized. It's a great language and my life was improved by learning it.

That inner joy you feel is the sensation of being in sync with the harmonic resonance and truth of Xi Jinping Thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

etalian posted:

Pretty much every western nation has given up Zero Covid as a policy goal.

Comrade Xi and the Chinese people stand alone.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

BOTH of my bank branches within walking distance are CLOSED for an indeterminate amount of time. so now i have to drive me car somewhere to get laundry quarters? like a cave man? insanely hosed up.

Look at this bougie gently caress doing laundry. I bet you smell like a prince!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

AppleNippleBOB posted:

twitter has been fucky today.

They're not working for me either.

Hmm either that or I got hellbanned for trolling people about Manchin's voting record.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love,
I would do anything for love
But I won't do vax
No I won't do vax

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Rynn posted:

My coworker had chills, fever, coughing and weakness Sunday. He suspected Covid so he quarantined away from his 1 yr old son and wife and had his dad bring him a rapid test Monday morning - popped positive.

His wife tells her work about this and their response was that she had to come in, since he was the only one sick. Now he has to take care of his son while being sick as hell because they don’t want to bring him to daycare and be a plague carrier, and his wife has to go to work and hope she doesn’t have covid and infect her coworkers. She’s taking as many precautions as possible but they gotta make money so :shrug:

Totally cool and normal world we live in. Hail capitalism Satan

Have they considered a coding bootcamp? I feel like you might not be understanding how Open Biden works, friend.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Hadlock posted:

Scientific American had a thing a week ago saying that even though the effacacy of the vaccine against the original virus was 90%+ they don't need to roll out an updated vaccine because "hospitalization rates are below 50%"

To which my response is, "so there's the capability to sell me variant specific vaccines, you just won't because the profit margin isn't high enough?"

I would happily pay $50 a month for the latest vaccines so I could go back to suck and gently caress town, sign me the gently caress up yo

I guess omicron is going to likely spawn it's own variants so pfizer is already mass producing their omicron specific vaccine ahead of approval

I wish they'd hurry the gently caress up though. FDA needs to get their approval process down to 14 days if we're ever going to stay ahead of new variants

VaaS

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I don't think Neil believed he would actually win.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

But have we considered that people die every year?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

What would be happening right now if Bernie was President?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Mods change my name to The Freedom Comprehender.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

An archdiocese trying to keep kids' mouths shut? I would never have imagined.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

If you think you have it rough with 2 domesticated dogs, you should come visit my yard with 30 to 50 feral hogs running in within 3 to 5 minutes while my small kids play.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

So basically it's never going away and it's gonna kill tons of people every year forever?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Republicans trying to pass legislation to prevent the Dept of Ed from ever pausing student loan payments again. They say we need to get inflation under control. Good to know that if young people aren't being crushed by usurious debts the economy shoots into stratospheric inflation and chaos.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

It's a lie. The lion's share of inflation in FY22 stems from record corporate profits.

Yeah it's an obvious lie, I was just pointing out the absurdity of the argument they are making, if it were true.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

T-Paine posted:

That guy's describing his new covid experience the way a wine taster might ponder the characteristics of each glass. Ah yes, this BA.2 variant lacks the outright debilitating playfulness of Delta, but displays just a hint of Omicron's crowdpleasing ubiquity.

He's English, that's just how they talk.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Who here still has yet to get any variety of COVID two full years after the pandemic began in force and what brand of respirator are you using atm?

Still cycling between my 3M 6800 and Secure Click atm

I haven't caught it yet and neither has anyone in my household. My kids are both in daycare or school and my wife is a teacher. I work from home but I'm getting sent back to the Covid mines soon.

We've just been wearing disposable KN95s the whole time, basically. The biggest thing for mask wearing, IMO, is just doing it consistently and fitting it properly.

Both of my parents have had it multiple times now lol

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Rutibex posted:

buy a generic safety razor dear god those disposable razors are the greatest rip off in all of capitalism

I bought 100 packages of razor blades from Amazon for $25 or something back in 2014 and I'm just getting to the end of it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

How would you even know if the average American was suffering from Long COVID, or was instead just suffering from having the health of the average American?