Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

meet girls at the store posted:

My office Open Bidened at 8:00 this morning with a celebratory staff breakfast. It’s now 11:39, somebody has tested positive, and they’re scrambling to do contact tracing for the breakfast party. Life comes at you fast.

hahahahahahahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

My first post in the new thread to begin my journey to top 30 posters in this thread.

you will not defeat me. I am the king of white noise

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

I dunno. You're what, 26th, 27th? Looks like you barely kept pace last time. I'm thinking I crack top 20 this go around.

i hit a posting slump due to being even more broke brained and depressed than usual for a few months. now I'm just as broke brained and depressed but i am posting a lot again

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my claim to fame on the something awful forums will be 'guy who posted 'lmao' a lot in the covid threads from 2020-2058'

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tzen posted:

lol by friday we'll have full on op-eds from previous cheerleaders that will be tossing biden/wh/cdc under the bus

crackle-ping snype,
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1427341657469562894

there is simply no way we could have known. furthermore there is no possibility anything could ever go wrong in the future, and no reason for us to think anything bad is happening now. we should open biden

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

me, pushing WFH $16/hr lovely boring call center/data input jobs with full benefits in the covid thread: :grin:

are any of those jobs data input jobs? cause that's what my wife's lookin' for, fuckin interacting with customers, she just wants to put stuff into spreadsheets all day

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

unfortunately it's all customer-facing. if she's got some CS credentials, lmk because we're hiring for stuff like that too

she was manager of a retail store for several years before covid and currently is a CSR for blue cross blue shield working from home taking calls but the job pays nowhere near what you're talkin bout and she hates it so much it's ruining our lives lol so yea probably a good fit

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1427416059536150532

192k cases, just under 85k hospitalized

LMAO how in the gently caress is the media completely silent on the magnitude of what's happening?

i am not good with numbers and statistics, can somebody tell me if this is good or bad??

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I want to make a button of this but the workers at fedex office where i get my designs printed may finally snap if I send this one through

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Biowarfare posted:

wait, fedex does buttons? the one here just sells $20 posterboard and has a copy machine

they do printing, i have my designs printed there because they have super nice printers with good paper and it makes the colors pop better on my buttons than printing them on a lovely at home printer.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i guess selling one of your many many many many many many houses simply is not an option, gotta get handouts from the government unlike those lazy poors who just want handouts from the government and aren't even willing to work for 7.25 an hour 100 hours a week.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

brugroffil posted:

odds of this fundamentally breaking the forums or possibly auto-deleting the entire database are pretty high I'd imagine

good

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have a friend who lives in new zealand and from his accounts, they are loving life and basically boggling at the rest of the world for how loving stupid we are and nobody wears masks or anything there because why would they really?

the idea that new zealanders are suffering from some great mental distress over the covid lockdowns is utter lunacy. they are laughing at us raucously amongst themselves, when they aren't watching with horror and tightening the locks just a little bit more every time we do something stupid

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
god, im glad i live in the US, where I'm free from the horrific effects of sustained social isolation. here I only have to deal with the constant threat of gun violence, 650,000 people dying of a preventable disease, extremely low wages, homeless people on literally every single street I walk down, and the ever-present threat of still getting covid even though i'm vaccinated, and god, compared to the horror of sustained social isolation I am just so so so happy I live in a FREE and CIVILIZED country otherwise my mind would be COMPLETELY hosed and I would be laughing like the joker pretty much constantly. Haha!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! ehehehe ahahhahEeuheauhaha

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Der Meister posted:

sounds like u need some cash

yes

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops posted:

I'm not unconvinced this isn't Bezo paying people to be meat shields

why would he have to pay people to be meat shields when he can somehow profit off of them being meat shields?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

looks expensive

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"case growth has slowed" is a hilarious way to frame 'cases are still growin'

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo lol

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

this is probably fine though

one less person admitted to the hospital. the vaccine is working for this person

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pm me the link and I'll do it

e: I'm actually a parent of uh...students at...the school you're talking about. they have sciences, and english classes. and they do..music. give me the link i need it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lovelyn posted:

Horrifying work story about proning:

We have 5 patients on proning rotations on the floor today. Our proning schedule is 16 hours proned, 8 hours supined/side-lying. I was helping the team when one shared a story about a patient who was proned and was lying on his dick. It went ischemic (lost blood flow) and he had 2/3 of his dick and his nuts amputated. Helluva thing to wake up to after being sedated for days/weeks.

having your dick and balls cut off is a small price to pay for having freedom and not taking the vaccine because the liberals want you to

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

maybe someone should do something

hmmm how about sending kids back to school without vaccines or masks? would that help, do you think?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nocturtle posted:

Fun to look back a year, NYC COVID case counts are about eight times as high compared to a year ago, hospitalizations three times as high, deaths about twice as high (low statistics though). Great things lie ahead.

it will disappear, like a dream

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Casey Finnigan posted:

what is the american endgame here? just keep things open until every single hospital in the nation is overwhelmed? and then what? What the gently caress are we doing

and then it will just go away like a dream because everyone is vaccinated and it's all fine and biden did so great and don't you want to re-elect him??? he beat the virus AND kept the economy open!!! and it only took 800,000 deaths to do it! all those deaths are trump's fault though

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a 9/11 every 3 days is fine because a democrat is president, actually

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceDrake posted:

alright, but. im sorry cspam, i have to realpost for a minute here

I'm actually super loving worried about the next 6-8 weeks. like. it is now virtually guaranteed that millions of children are going to be infected with covid-19 — probably north of 75% of the entire school-age population, especially the elementary demographic — and the sheer overload of the health system this will cause is going to kill tens of thousands of children in the space of a month or two. I am deadass actually expecting that we are going to be facing down a hundred thousand dead children by some point in October. and I have no loving idea what happens after that. what happens after the biggest child mortality crisis in this country in more than a century, and this one self-manufactured.

like, the leadership and certain parts of the bourgeoisie are going to try to not give a poo poo beyond platitudes, and at least at first I expect a Sandy Hook-esque shrug, but by the time the death wave really sets in, even at only like 50,000 dead that's going to be six digits worth of parents who are just. just totally and completely out of their minds with grief and rage. and power will try and do nothing, and. they're going to want to express their anger.

i'm not predicting ~~civil war~~ because i don't expect it to be a war; war implies some level of organization. i just keep imagining this white-hot ball of rage erupting all across the country, and. it'll just be people doing poo poo because gently caress it, our children are dead, our world has already ended, and so far nobody has given a gently caress. well we'll make you give a gently caress.

like. tell me the molochian virus furnace we're about to shovel 60 million children into isn't going to result in massive child death, cspam. tell me the next few months I see ahead of us is just me doom-braining. :smith:

everyone will shrug and move on again op

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Yeah that’s the plan, as far as there is one.

Governors don’t want to act because it’s political suicide. Same for state legislators. Because of Federalism the Biden admin can’t do much, and what they can do is even further limited by ideological and political fears.

The first elected official to really admit everything is falling apart might realistically have to worry about a lot more than getting re-elected, especially in Florida or Georgia or somewhere. If all the death is baked in and we can’t actually do what we need anyway (banning interstate travel, actual lockdowns, contact tracing), who gains anything by rocking the boat?

Sadly a whole lot of people are going to die but that’s a consequence of the entire rotten structure, not one or two dipshits who became governor somehow.

man maybe we should have a position in the government where one guy has like a lot of power...we can call it the presiding person, or perhaps "The Big Guy". too bad the office of the presidency is only powerful when republicans have it :( poor joe, he wants to help, but what can he do? he's only a man!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ice Phisherman posted:

I expect empty platitudes from politicians and eventually some politician is going to get attacked by an angry parent. Perhaps shot or at least shot at. But I don't expect thousands of children to just get shuffled underneath the rug. As a mass we're pretty jaded but the personal tragedies are going to radicalize at least a few people towards violence.

Someone else said that nothing happened after Sandy Hook. I say that it's hard to retaliate against a lone wolf shooter. Even though there are communities that essentially mint new "lone wolves", though obviously not always. But decisions made by government that kill this many children? People already hate government and they have a wide variety of targets to choose from. Also the dead at Sandy Hook were 27 children. The dead will likely number in the thousands. So this will become a numbers game.

So you have many potential targets of an identifiable group of people in government and far more aggrieved people who will possible be radicalized or who are already radicalized. And radicalization happens a lot easier now that people are more often stuck at home with access to the internet.

I expect violence against people in government.

oh you sweet summer child, thousands of toddlers are going to die and not a single thing will be done, nobody will be punished. nobody will be brought to justice. there will be no singularity, no straw that breaks any proverbial camel's back. things will just get worse, as they always do, and we will keep taking our punishment like the pathetic, subjugated underclass we are. wages will not rise. there will be no more stimulus. there will be no justice. yes, thousands of children will be shuffled underneath the rug and if there is any violence it will be against the innocent, like usual.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
someone i used to work with in mississippi has covid and can't taste or smell and has severe headaches and body aches and low oxygen. another person we used to work with is on his post about it offering him ivermectin, which he is happily agreeing to take. he is not vaccinated. I liked working with him and on the one hand, I don't want him to die. on the other hand, now i want him to die.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why the gently caress would an actual doctor take ivermectin. how the gently caress could anyone be so loving stupid.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

christ that is disgusting. what a piece of poo poo.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

beyond parody

Only registered members can see post attachments!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor posted:

ok from the first link looks like ICU is 85% occupied….surely the schools will go virtual if there are no beds for kids right?! RIGHT?!

it's actually fine as long as icu is not 100% and even if it is it's still fine. open biden

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

McCracAttack posted:

https://twitter.com/stephaniemirah/status/1428428782717833229?s=20

So what do we think? Will they make it longer than 10 days this time? Less than 10?

going back and forth from in person to remote learning over and over again is probably really super convenient for everyone involved

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

hahaha rip Wicker, you know he ain't dosed

he is an evil man and he is guaranteed to suffer no serious effects of any kind as a result.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

I think Delta is stronger than Karma

rich people never suffer consequences. not really.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

a quick, painless death, the best anyone could hope for.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

hmm we should do a lockdown

wow i guess you wish trump was still president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Good soup! posted:

It's like they forgot that part of the appeal of the series is that you're still watching a movie, not just layering 18 different riffs over 5 or 6 seconds of silence with no room to breathe

tbh mst3k ruined most of a generation of movie-watchers because after watching it they think they are comedic geniuses who need to make comments throughout every loving thing they watch.