Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i checked “no” on that box. they still gave me the shot, no questions asked.

moderna hit like a truck god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Tzen posted:

lol by friday we'll have full on op-eds from previous cheerleaders that will be tossing biden/wh/cdc under the bus

crackle-ping snype,
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1427341657469562894

crackl ping is the patron saint of the cspam covid thread

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

am i the first here to discover this gem

https://youtu.be/svkHp8amhts

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

is

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

gonna reiterate

moderna hits like a loving truck. i can feel max titers flowing through my veins.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lmao

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

that moderna shot destroyed me. i was miserable sick the first night and bedridden all the next day. god drat.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Solarin posted:

think of how many thousands of households are doing this same thing right now

i would imagine a lot of parents dont understand why they cant send their covid exposed/positive children to school, partly bc they couldnt give a drat about anyone else, but also bc we’re not really doing anything to contain covid so why should they lose their babysitter?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

remembering around this time last year when we were discussing whether or not REINFECTION?! could even happen

and now people are just nonchalantly dropping "oh yeah, this person I know had covid 3 times"

i remember threadbanned OOCC mocked thread for thinking it was a thing

sucks to always be right

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

euphronius posted:

please stop calling teachers “babysitters”
jfc

i teach fourth grade

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

aren't they still being pedantic morons

i just read the name nate silver, the answer is “yes”

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

sonatinas posted:

first year of daycare sucks for parents from all the poo poo you get from the kid but COVID respects that

real cool vibes from Covid-19

my brother put his kid in daycare knowing they’d get covid, and sure enough they all got their wish within a little over a month and a half!

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Which everyone fuckin figured was going to happen to begin with. In a sane country the CDC would have told everyone to maintain pandemic hygiene despite vaccination status while they monitored the early vaccinated population but we just couldn't do that. lol

the US response has been a pandemic version of the marshmallow experiment, except the US is so excited to get just one marshmallow it knocks it off the table and bats it around on the floor like a cat.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Forseti posted:

And 8 months out from their second according to the very last part of the blurb at the very bottom :lol:

the funny thing is this, much like every other guideline theyve set, wont be enforced at all, if half this thread getting a booster wasnt evidence enough of that.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

Reasonably speaking they don't expect the guidelines to be effective.

If the booster has been generally approved by the third week of September, if the pharmacy that you go to has extra stock that they're going to throw out you'll almost certainly be able to get a booster regardless.

thats precisely why people are getting a booster: supply is plentiful and pharmacists are flushing vaccine down the drain every night. thats not an exaggeration either.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

there was no way we could have predicted this

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Thoguh posted:

The only posts in the D&D thread are C-SPAM posting pointing out totally obvious things and D&D posters being pendantic assholes in response. I'm pretty sure if nobody from C-SPAM stopped by that thread would get zero posts.

Also MadJackal claiming that Cuban doctors are slaves, which is something that popped up in the GBS thread a few weeks ago to so I guess that's a thing somebody is pushing.

i think the best representation of d&d was from a few days ago. someone, presumably a d&d Smart Person, asked, “why is the US response so bad??” and the first person to answer blamed fptp voting.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lmao, i feel like these need to be saved in the OP.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

*african accent*

hello, my name is sugondese titers

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Nocturtle posted:

Same, absolutely choke when lying, which is why I've been holding off on a booster and still relying on my original Moderna doses and the glorious golden power of BCG coursing through my veins. If boosters weren't coming "soon" I'd probably go for it.

Someone who went the fake name route to get a booster told me they had to confirm all their fake info at the CVS, including phone # + address, so maybe prepare for that. OTOH hard to imagine grocery store workers would care that much.

i also choke when lying. i went in with real info and then marked “no” to immune compromised. they didnt give a gently caress.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

why of course d&d is santimonius about ppl lying to get a booster, i should have known

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

They were probing people for it at one point

libs love Rules

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

im a teacher and in two weeks i will be in a classroom full of unvaccinated children. absolutely no way am i risking my health bc Following The Rules is more important.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

thedavid posted:

So I thought I'd ask my cspam virologists their opinion....

I'm fully vaxxed with that sweet moderna slut juice, as is my wife. We have three kids at home that are under 12, which doesn't matter because kids don't get covid.

Anyway, I have had headaches for the past three days, as well as a light cough. Last night I've gotten some awesome sore throat that's persisted through today.

My littlest, 1 year old, has been a snot factory and has been in general irritable for the past few days. Too young to tell us what's wrong.

I have been masking (no respirator crew) and have been wondering if I should be getting a test and if we should be quarantining.

At the same time, two of the kids go to school starting next week, and it's a "highly recommended but not mandated mask rule" district. So I figure we're going to get it anyway.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. Should I get a test?
Get tested - rapid and PCR - and isolate anyways bc theyre not 100%.

My brother got Covid as did his whole family—everyone tested negative on PCR, rapid showed my bro as a “maybe??” Once he lost his taste and smell he got tested again and of course it was Covid.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

why in the hell do they even make these boasting posts. we know what the outcome will be. they will look like complete morons in weeks. this is the second year of diving headfirst into this brick wall. did we learn nothing!??

not defending them obviously, but a lot of districts stayed open drat near the entire year last year. i imagine the same will happen this year.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

McNugget Buddy posted:

Organizing high school/college walkouts is probably the best idea at this point

If the teachers don't do it first

a lot of teacher are chuds or Blue MAGA

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Yeah, I'm wondering if having only one variant circulating slows down the reinfection rates a bit. Prior to delta there were multiple circulating strains so resistance to one provides windows for others with a handful of different mutations to come in and infect someone instead. But with all of the other options squelched out, anything new has to sequentially mutate out of delta now. That being said, SARS-CoV-2 appears to mutate rapidly under the right selective pressures, and we've already seen mutations go completely global before (although maybe convergently) like D614G.

well i’d like to see ol covid wriggle its way out of THIS jam

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ram dass in hell posted:

saame experience at cvs today, they didn't even ask for insurance but i just gave em my drivers license and that was it

STOP COMMITTING FRAUD!!!

won’t someone please think of the rule followers???

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

gonna say this for the first time, unironically

gently caress you, got mine

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

a family member and covid nurse who got OG covid late last year and is fully vaccinated popped poz for delta today :c00l:

e: we’re all gonna get this poo poo

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

PerniciousKnid posted:

So what's the easiest 3rd booster scam? Lie about immunocompromised, claim it's your first shot under a game name, claim it's your first under your real name...?

Edit: hey phone autocorrecting fake to game is too meta.

ask the pharmacist if they have stairs in their house, and if they say yes go to another pharmacy because the pharmacist is a goon that posts in d&d.

otherwise just ask for a third shot

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lmao i was told by A Pharmacist in the bad thread, indirectly, they’d rather prevent FRAUD than put doses into arms. can we gas that stupid loving thread already?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

whatever happened to that covid-24 michael bay movie?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

the cool thing is its now socially acceptable (relatively) to dance on these peoples graves.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i want to punch every lib that stands on a pedestal decrying the fact that we’re going to distribute boosters to everyone before most of the world gets a first dose. its obvious these ppl dont personally give a gently caress about covid themselves, theyre def living the suck ‘n gently caress blue MAGA lifestyle now that they got their fauci ouchie. theyre just picking a position they think makes them morally superior. they would all choose to flush vaccine about to expire down the drain rather than it go into the wrong hands.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1428444430911029257?s=20

drat that sucks

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Pulcinella posted:

Unless you have an incredibly powerful union, get out of teaching. It’s one of the best decisions I made in my life. No help is coming.

what did you transition into

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

a pandemic of the unvaccinated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Lacrosse posted:

I got some really interesting insider information from the Seattle music scene today; someone I know is a musician that plays at bar-type venues in and around Seattle and they said that they had 3 gigs lined up that all got suddenly canceled. The liaison from one of the larger venues told them that the DHS is quietly going around to businesses and giving them the heads up that if cases aren't brought down within 3 months then the state is going to lock down everything like last year. This is leading music venues to cancel anything except priority shows, and they suspect that the recent Watershed Festival at The Gorge Amphitheater that happened at the beginning of August is what spurred the health department to take action. The case counts originating from that festival must be worse than the state government is letting on, and is probably directly responsible for Inslee's decision to bring back the mask mandate state-wide.

ahh the refreshing mist of piss in the wind