Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Louisgod posted:

imagine risking it all for a stack of lovely Albertson's bagels and vaguely warm Starbucks coffee then spending an hour with boring as gently caress co-workers

My own low energy Jeb! story was how the company sent out emails / photos since June about how happy people were to be back to COV19 office.

When more people were allowed to go back to WFH last week, only 1 person / 20 took up the offer to continue working onsite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gio posted:

i checked “no” on that box. they still gave me the shot, no questions asked.

moderna hit like a truck god drat

super-sized 100uG dose much better deal than Pfizer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

You also want to do the gamefaqs speedrun before boomer boosters get approved and suck up all the available supply over the next few months.

Also after getting shot will hold up the line by trying to pay for the purchases with a paper check.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

meet girls at the store posted:

I have a stupid question: is it worth getting like a t-dap booster or something to like, rev up your immune system if you’re not able to get a third dose of slut juice yet?

Ha ha yes also big beautiful MMR

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tzen posted:

lol by friday we'll have full on op-eds from previous cheerleaders that will be tossing biden/wh/cdc under the bus

CNN is basically like the people who switch Battlefield teams in the middle of the match because they don't want to be on a losing team.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I heard my fav chud conspiracy theory today at my apartment.

The 600K people who died, we weren't sure it was COV19, the media exaggerates things!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

There are the ones I've seen pop-up:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1425610846927917063
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1425589829069271041

as I understand it:

* Pfizer drops in effectiveness against infections to about 40-50% after six months
* Pfizer retains its effectiveness against severe symptoms requiring hospitalization even after all that time
* it's possible that the interval between the first and second shots makes a difference, i.e. UK data yields better retention of effectiveness because they gave out their second shot eight (?) weeks after the first, whereas Israel gave their second shot two (?) weeks after the first. I think the US does three weeks between shots?

Yeah for the last bullet Israel/US did things differently than UK/Canada mainly for supply reasons (21 day interval vs a few months for booster shot)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hadlock posted:

Very cool, thanks for bringing the science

Yeah I was under the impression that mRNA vaccines were less effective against Delta/over time, but this is the first time I've seen Very Specific numbers

Does this account for the fact that Delta started spreading about two months after the vaccines went out into wide distribution

Well there seems to be a shift in vaccine effectiveness in terms of breakthrough which seems to be correlated to Delta becoming the gold medal strain over the summer.

Most likely a perfect storm as other people have guessing, between vaccine antibody levels waning, differences the booster shot intervals (UK delayed by up to 2 - 3 months) and also the strain being more effective at antibody evasion.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Biden is recommending booster shots for people after our hospitals have run out of space? hahahah

Lmao at CSPAM always being ahead of things, I'm guessing they didn't talk about booster shots since they wanted Boomers to get early access?

Lol at Fauci saying for a whole month no evidence that booster shots would be needed / don't worry about it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

desantis openly sacrificing an entire state in hopes it’ll mean he gets the party’s presidential nomination

you know masks and experimental vaccines is like catnip for the Chud base.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nothus posted:

Another Fauci Flip-Flop

Given his track record on predictions it's hilarious how people even listen to him given the amount of free pre-print studies you can read on things like vaccine breakthrough.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I cringe even thinking about what the 2-3 months will be like in the USA.

Things like ICU capacity have already gone off the rails, pray you did get sick or get a bad fall over the next few months since Chuds
will be burning through all the hospital space.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The place I work at posts vaccination info every week and the 60% number hasn't improved over the last month.

This is even with the new delta crisis kicking off into high gear in early August.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lol hardworking landlord, isn't the whole appeal of the parasitic occupation the whole passive income concept &d doing minimal actual work?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lmao that glenn thinks anyone but the UK and US live in a post-vaccine world

Like many talking heads he's a disaster when he gets out of his core strength

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nocturtle posted:

Someone who got their third shot told me that the CVS person asked them to verify all their fake info, fake address + fake phone number etc. They were able to do it but it put me right off the idea of getting an illegitimate 3rd shot, no way I wouldn't choke when put on the spot like that. Sounds like grocery store pharmacy workers might care less on average?

Turns out boosters are coming soon for everyone anyway, of course before my kids even get their first.

Boomers when be clogging the lines / getting priority.

It's why the CSPAM speedrun is recommended.

I'm planning my speed run for later this month (got pfizer dose 2 back in early april)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

I’m starting to think my 4th shot will be Moderna. I don’t think Pfizer is doing it.

The difference in the data was pretty hilarious once Delta become the most common strain in the US.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

update for first attempt at a booster:

DENIED

filled out form, was getting processed and right before receiving the shot, the pharmacist revealed that she sleuthed out I had received two shots already.

she asked if I had any underlying health conditions and I pulled a clone high lmao

lol which pharmacy chain did this happen at?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

KIRKLAND SIGNATURE

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Going for Moderna booster dose this week, I'll be sure to read the latest Gamefaqs guide before heading out.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

You know that fat bastard will make since they always give politicians the best medical treatment possible like when Bojo and Trump got it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rKqTU2G0AM

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crazypoops posted:

All I'm saying is going by mmo logic you have to go through 2-3 hours of landlords in waves of 5 before you get to Bezos

Also Bezos has the same landlord character model just to save art asset money

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

looks like china is getting its delta surge under control. they had about 100-120 cases per day a couple weeks ago but are down to the 50's and dropping

lmao china beats the virus again. the west will not survive another delta-like jump in transmissibility. it might not survive delta! lol

It's tough to win when the wisdom of the crowd in the west picks leaders like Sleepy Joe, Trump and Bojo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I know at work all the Chuds still believe just the Flu / It's not confirmed COV19 cases.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Joementum posted:

this is the guy in charge of the vermont department of health at a press conference........... today

https://twitter.com/JaneLindholm/status/1427670755828019210

lmao I guess he didn't read the leaked CDC report.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

If you feel like poking an ant-hill ask them what they think has all the hospitals full up.

Their response was the media was just making things up to make the situation look worse than it actually is.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

the thread title is the best thing I’ve ever seen

You no it's a cock tease like when Trump got COV19 and refused to get medical treatment

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ChazTurbo posted:

I've been putting off my vaccine due to never leaving the house. My hypochondria is acting up and I'm kind of anxious about getting the jab due to a irrational feel of getting an adverse effect. Is there any good material for reassurance?

Well the worst you will get is mini-COV19 feeling feeling for a day or two as your immune system ramps up.

Some people don't get the above for whatever reason.

You don't want to get the real thing, some people I know even for flu like minor cases had the shakes and other misery for 2 - 3 weeks.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/1316490707620691968?lang=en

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McNugget Buddy posted:

Regeneron found a partner in DeSantis to pump their stock by giving people false hope with useless drugs

Why does this seem like deja vu

Lmao at his solution being creating X-com strike team to visit retirement castles

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McNugget Buddy posted:

Would it be funnier if he was unvaccinated and dies, or if he got J&J and dies

I can't decide

I'm glad I didn't get the single dose Walmart vaccine.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

lmao maybe abbott is on a vent right now

inshallah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

also the police, for how the poll how half of them said they would refuse to be vaccinated

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

holy poo poo lol

Nothing like experience Loony Tunes style accidents in real life:
On July 14, 1984, at age 26, Abbott was paralyzed below the waist when an oak tree fell on him while he was jogging following a storm.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1427774105206538240

1300 deaths. backlog obviously, but jesus christ we really are going to be at 1k deaths a day every weekday soon. on track to hit a 9/11 of death a day in time for the 20th anniversary of 9/11

I imagine we are a month or two away from the worst it especially after all US schools open back up without a mask mandate

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kestral posted:

Do we have any information on how immune response is waning in teens/young adults, or are the data still pretty much based on the adult studies? And if we do have the data, does it vary meaningfully between Pfizer and Moderna?

There's a lack of data on this point since the 12+ age EUA was only recently approved while for comparison for adults shots were being administered back in Dec 2020 / Jan 2021.

I'd don't expect the result to be much different for kids given how all the other age ranges experienced a waning effect after 6 months but once again there's a lack of pre-clinical data for kids from both Pfizer + Moderna on this top.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nothus posted:

It's not even going to dawn on Abbott's chud fans that he was triple-vaxed while feeding them anti-vax red meat.

Yeah also when Chud politicians get sick from COV19 they get the best medical possible to keep them alive.

Even though they are putting their dumb fanbase for higher level of risk due to things like lack of insurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shifty Nipples posted:

I didn't know the raiders moved to vegas.

You know the whole joke how teams do a move every few years just for the Muni / tax payer shake down.

"St Louis" Rams moved to LA because they city offered to build them a free stadium.