Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

glad it came off, hope it wasn't anything serious

back when i was growing up we had paralysis ticks - those things are pretty scary cause even one or two of them can kill a horse if they're left there (marsupials though, especially bandicoots, are quite resistant but most others mammals are not)

i remember having to check everytime you went and played in the long grass and occasionally having to get them removed

if you do have ticks, treatment is usually to use pyrethrin based insect repellents (even though they're arachnids it works) or moistened bicarbonate of soda. you want to treat them twice within about a minute and then leave them and they should fall off over a 24 hour period.

the advantage of this over yanking them off with tweezers is that it stops the mouthparts getting pulled off and remaining stuck in you leading to potential infection - if you have no alternative to doing so then make sure you treat them with an antiseptic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

proposing to a drunk

Stoner Sloth

rear end-penny posted:

are you coming onto me?

no i always drink with a purpose, trying to forget the last 34 years ever happened.

:wink: