Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
My first anime was Sailor Moon when it aired in the early 90s on Fox Kids. I loved it right off the bat but they took it off very quickly. However, right after that a cable station started showing it. I believe it only went through the first couple arcs though.

Then like everyone else I was also way into Pokemon and Digimon.

What really made me an anime fan though was when Cartoon Network started showing Gundam Wing. I loved it! Even better was the Midnight Run where I could watch Dragon Ball Z and Gundam Wing UNCUT. Actually seeing blood? Amazing! I still have fond memories of that summer getting to stay up and watching Heero saying I'll Kill you instead of the censored destroy you, haha. Another incredible moment was when Goku finally made it off Snake Way, man how many times did they loop back after him getting there.

Okay, so now I was more than just a normal anime fan and what took me to the next step was my friend who could not stop talking about Evangelion. Every day on the bus he would talk about it all week and then on Friday he gave me a bunch of burned CDRs with the complete Evangelion season along with the movies. The rest of the weekend I did nothing but binge Evangelion. Now that I think about it that was the first time in my life I binged watched something.

Evangelion left me with so many questions so it drove me into the internet and into anime message boards wanting to talk about it and fully understand wtf I just watched. (editing to just mention that when I first joined SA and the years I just lurked before joining I remember the rules against making new Eva threads and I believe the same went for Azumanga.

ToxicToast fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU