Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

BGM: Meridianus
I looked around- the twins and Marco were preparing to leave.

Hey, hold on! I want to tell them goodbye.

Marco shrugged, and the twins came up to me.

Yes, I guess so. Thanks, then. Or something. We're going away for a very long time.

To the Complex #27, right?

Yeah. I don't know what that means.

We're out of time. Come back here and let's go.

The twins gave me a wave and, along with Marco, vanished into the elevator going up. I had a feeling I wouldn't see them again.

Hold on. First, I want to know who I am exactly.

You are... my future, of sorts. See, I truly feel the weight of my age, and so I have gone to great lengths to make you, my most prized creation. In that sense, I suppose you are like my daughter. Even if, you are a bit more like “me” and not my daughter. If you want to take a look at what you physically are, lift this section of the wall here...

She moved to it. I joined her, and together we removed some of the padding to unveil a mirror. Staring into it, I finally took a look at myself.

BGM: Memini Meminisse

This would be me now, forever and always. Nobody else would look like me; nobody else would share the same memories and experiences.

So... I'm you, except younger.

Yes, that's correct. You are me, but also My Emptiness. You were created both as my double, so that I may “live” for a long time, and as a backup for My Emptiness, just in case something went awry. That is why you have been made to carry their memories. But enough about the software and the hardware- such things are trifling, compared to your name.

What does my name have to do with any of this?

Well... apparently, there's a team from Fermilab called the “E288” team, led by Leon Lederman who discovered the upsilon meson, which is designated by the letter “Y”...

Hah, you found that by running an online search in your head just now, did you?

I embarrassedly nodded.

Good try, but it's not quite that. In fact, it has nothing to do with that at all. Hmm... how to explain it...? This may sound a little strange, but bear with me. What do you know of order and chaos?

Order is generally seen as a force of good, and chaos is usually representing a villain's goals...

D+ for effort, but just like everything, it is more nuanced than that. In this case, when I say “order”, I mean “entropy” and by chaos I mean “negentropy”.

I turned around to pay attention to her. What was this all about?

BGM: ME Mori

As time passes, the entropy of the universe increases. Planets slow their movements, stars break apart, and everything floats, irremediably, towards one single future: the cleanest, most pristine order. Eventually, we'll reach a point everyone has called “heat death”. That is when everything will have expended all the energy released by the universe. It will be as if everything will have been “erased”.

The universe cannot exist in that state. It is just that: erasure. And so, the universe will enter a secondary process we call the Big Crunch. Once the entropy levels of the universe have increased to the maximum, it will fall back onto itself. And why would it do that? I don't know. The fact remains; it does. It needs “negentropy”, or chaos, to continue existing.

That is the determinism behind our existences. We have already been written on every possible detail, because every atom of the universe is exactly, precisely where it had been before the Big Crunch. This is called the Eternal Return. It is a theory that says the Big Bang and the Big Crunch will follow up on each other, forever. Eternally, the universe will reset to its center, and recreate itself exactly as it was, with minute differences.

We currently are in the 288th reset of the universe. The machine is called the Abime. It stands for “A Bichromatic Meridian”. Don't ask me what the A stands for; I've yet to figure it out. I've been hard at work, but it is a strangely guarded secret in the Empty S.

Okay. My head is spinning. Congratulations, you managed to confuse an entity that can compute puzzles at the speed of light.

I know it is very vertiginous, but you have to understand. The universe resets over and over when it reaches the end of its long life.

And what does it have to do with any of this here?

BGM: Mestitior

There have been resets before the Abime was created- and there will be resets after, but suffice to say, we will not be here to see them. We have estimated that, beyond the 300th reset... humanity will no longer exist. Everything will have spiraled in such a different way that our planet will not sustain life anymore. Maybe the universe will bring life elsewhere, but nobody knows.

We needed to create an entity that could transfer information across the resets of the universe, even if it's always forward. We need... time. Time is our biggest enemy. While the people wage stupid wars, while people are content watching television in their living rooms, playing games and watching others play games... the universe is dying.

It will have no... observers. And YOU... that's the entity who can transfer information across resets. For some reason, when the universe collapses on its own, YOU can keep the information despite the ultimate compression recreating the Big Bang. This experiment here has been held around a dozen times, I believe. From the 277th reset to the 288th, we have toiled hard to ensure information was carried over.

Incidentally, I haven't shown what our save file situation looks like past the bonus update after we got our first ending. Here's a look at it now :v:

BGM: Silence
Okay, okay. Let me recapitulate in my head.

BGM: Meditor

The second goal was to give Ityne more staff, while simultaneously punishing those who didn't live adequately. Since they were young, Ityne implanted herself in their heads and she now occupies their bodies to do as she pleases with her “Project Deforge”. The final reason was to create an entity that could transfer information across time. Somehow, this is required to help prevent the universe from ending once we reach the reset where humanity stops existing forever.

Now? Now you live.

BGM: ME Mori
I live? There's no huge plan for me? There's no ultimate destiny awaiting me?

I didn't create you so that you would be stuck in the same fight against the universe that I'm in. I have created you so that you could enjoy a nice life... In other words, years of freedom, at least.

In many years, it is possible fate will have something grim in store for you. However, I have ensured you will have complete freedom for many years. Please live them out. Go to university, make friends, fall in love with a handsome boy; the choice is yours. As no one will observe you, not even God or anybody else, it will be real freedom. When not observed, all possibilities exist at once.

I see. Cryptic as always, but I understand. In essence, you're telling me to live the life you could never have, is that correct?

Yes. Our business is done here... unless you have more questions. Let's say I'll allow you up to three questions.

I had three questions. I needed to make them count.

What are all eight of you going to do now?

There is a certain important man being held in a prison. I have to rescue him at all costs, and that is who Mark will be tracking down. Currently, we don't know where the prison is. Before I leave, there are some pieces of technology I must get. The vats, for example, are one of them, and another is the machine at the center of the voting room...

Once I leave, I will go into hiding. I cannot remain out in the open, now that I will have visibly betrayed the Empty S. For all I know, armed men are already on their way here as we speak. Make your other questions quick.

No pressure, of course. What's with the Cool S? What does it really mean?

It's the symbol of the Empty S, naturally. However, we have yet to determine the origins. It may have originated from a much, much older reset of the universe. It's possible the Empty S had been a fledgling institution a long time ago, and that's where it comes from. It most certainly wasn't big enough to construct the Abime before we reached reset “001”. That may have been when the symbol was formed.

Okay, last question... what's my name? I can't just go around naming myself E288, now can I?

Ah, drat. I forgot that.

She palmed her face, unsure of how to proceed.

Normally, a parent gives their child a proper name. Sadly, I will not have the time to ponder on it. Since you are “me”, obliquely, I will let you choose a name of your own. If you want, feel free to form something using my own name, Ityne Icofilm. Why not just make it an anagram to be cheeky?

I don't mind, but that's hardly an answer then. I asked you what my name was.

Fair is fair. I will grant you a fourth question, but... hurry. Our time is very short.

I had to make it count.

I was hoping my questions, disguised as one, would fool her.

Those are two questions. I'll answer who it is, is that fine by you?

My hopes were squashed almost instantly. That's just too bad.

That won't really mean much but... I guess.

I simply don't have the time to explain why. It would take too long. One day, YOU will know. For now, I'll tell you his name.

As she spoke, she had begun walking away to the elevator going down. I was going to the elevator going up, but I stuck by her momentarily, long enough to hear his name. It wouldn't mean much, as I said. It was just a name. Yet, I really wanted to know at least one more thing, and if that thing was only a name, so be it.

BGM: Meus Memoratus (This update is the only time this track plays in the game!)

After so long... after living through twelve universe resets worth of wait... I was finally free to live my life. It wasn't an equivalent exchange. For seven years or such, I had to sacrifice eons of death and nothingness. But wasn't that the case for everyone, anyway? People didn't exist for billions of years, only to share the world for a speck of time. Several dozens of years, at best, and then they returned to being dead.

That, perhaps, was even sadder than my fate. At least, I knew the truth of the universe. They didn't. They were bound by their own code. Their code, the code making up each and every one of us was as different as the number of stars in the night's sky, and perhaps even more numerous. Our personalities, our memories, our experiences. Our dreams, failures, and successes. I was but one of them, and now, I was free.

There was something else bothering me, too. While searching my memories, I found something... off. It was asking me for some kind of password. The only hint I had was... “What is my real name?”

You probably guessed it the moment you saw what our protagonist actually looks like. You already know the answer to this question. You know, even though YOU shouldn't. It's like Ityne said: Re-arrange the letters in her name, make it an anagram...

She couldn't see anything. She couldn't hear anything. Was this darkness going to be her life from now on? Perhaps it would be. The Self-Consistency Principle had caught up to her. If it was her life now, she would accept it. At first, she panicked a little, but after a few minutes of silence- absolute silence- she calmed down. Her hands touched the seat she was on. It was kind of uncomfortable. That was fair, since it wasn't meant for comfort. This seat was made of plastic.

It was in a train.

It was in Montreal's subway train.

She couldn't move. It was as though she was unconscious. It would explain the lack of vision or hearing. Since she couldn't move, her touch upon the seat was the only sense she felt. She was in Montreal's subway train. It was moving; soon, she'd arrive at the station. She would arrive first, before anyone else. But that wasn't quite true.

The tactile alphabet they'd created would serve her very well here. They asked her if she was still sure about it. She replied that she was, and that she had no other choice. Very shortly, the collar she wore would take effect, and then she'd lose all of her memories. She would... disappear. She would be erased. At least, a previous “self” wouldn't be.

And she had God on her side.

The train stopped. This was it. It was time to go. She had sacrificed too much for this to fail. She only had one shot at it. She only had one shot to save him.

BGM: Meus Memoratus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Man, that's a heck of an end. Thanks for playing through this Mix!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

"You'll live the life I never had, but one day you too are fated to be a death game mastermind." :v:

What a curse!

Anyway, thanks for the LP, Mix. Very nicely done. :golfclap:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Man, this is is some high-quality insane babbling. I guess if she was free during those years, we won't get a game about them, since it seems that we're supposed to be God here and our observations are what make things non-free.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

So, even though the main story is done, the LP isn't, because there's actual bonus/hidden stuff this time around :v: There's going to be an update showing the (very few) scenes we avoided during the main part of the LP, and then I'll be showing the secret stuff after that. The LP will, unfortunately, not be finishable for a while though, there's one final bit of stuff that we can't access right now because the creator's saving it for closer to the release of the third game (presumably it's some kind of lead-in or another direct tie), so I won't be archiving this one for a while. Whoops! :v: (He's also said that there's going to be some kind of graphical/visual update alongside the last bit of content, so I'll probably make a post in here with comparisons that won't be a part of the LP that actually gets archived.

There is one thing I want feedback on, though: recently we got the middle chunk of the secret/bonus content, and it's a series of "interviews" with the main cast fleshing them out a little bit more with a handful of patreon-given questions (for... better or for worse). These scenes aren't canon but the information given in them is- think something like the 'backstage' side story in Fata Morgana. My question to you all is how fast do you want these interviews to be posted- same schedule as everything else? Or maybe move it back to something like a once a week type deal to reduce the amount of dead time between them and the last secret content?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mix. posted:

... there's one final bit of stuff that we can't access right now because the creator's saving it for closer to the release of the third game (presumably it's some kind of lead-in or another direct tie), so I won't be archiving this one for a while. Whoops! :v:

What, so like it's locked behind a password or something?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Quackles posted:

What, so like it's locked behind a password or something?

It's locked, yeah. No password or anything, it just won't be available until the next patch that removes the lock.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

That reminds me of how development on Your Turn To Die is going for the last act, haha. I think spacing out those interviews would be the better option - the pacing would be a bit more even, and that'd give you a bit more time for your Fatal Twelve LP.

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
Agreed with Dervival: a nice steady pace is probably nicer then "clumped at once".

May you live in Death Gamelandia is such a weird curse to put on a ...bloodline? Spiritual inheritance? Ego transfer? I'm still not sure what I think about that.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Flytitle posted:

May you live in Death Gamelandia is such a weird curse to put on a ...bloodline? Spiritual inheritance? Ego transfer? I'm still not sure what I think about that.

Once you've translated hosted one death game, your forum can never really give it up. :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Understood, and that's what I was thinking too :thumbsup:

The creator's been slowly revealing the cast for the final game the past few months and I'm tempted to follow suit with that in here, too, since it's alongside a bunch of cryptic images that feel almost ARG-like if they weren't just, like, being posted to social media :v: But we're still three characters short for that, so that'd give them time to finish what they've been doing, too. (That and there's at least 12 this time around so that's a huge dump of stuff to talk about at one time; I might release them in pairs like how the creator's done it)

Mix. fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 14, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I was asked in the thread what happens if you put in the wrong answer when attempting to leave the room, to which the answer was “nothing, Ancora knows the answers to the doors so she would never intentionally blow her head off”. Instead, the game gives you a hint to try and tell you what the answer should be (if you haven't solved the puzzle and are trying to brute force it), but there are also some easter eggs if you put in specific answers...

In the Reactor room with Trist, when you're asked who 'the true enemy is' (the answer being 'TIME'), if you put in 'ME', you get this:

Which, well. Yeah, fair enough. :v:

In the Stars room, when Ancora's alone, when you're asked “what are the keys”, if you answer, well, “keys”, you get this:

:v: I didn't find any others when I tested it out, but then again, there's only a couple of rooms where the answer isn't limited in some fashion, so this is probably all there is.

------------------

There's a handful of scenes we didn't get to in the actual main game, so I'm going to go over them here.

The first one is on one of the very first routes we did, where the first vote ends up stalemating and Invidia 'sacrifices' himself to save everyone else from dying at once. After it's decided that Ancora, Luxuria, and Superbia will be grouped together, you return to the Crossroads to retrieve Luxuria, at which point the three of you examine the voting machine setup first. At one point, Ancora has the option of whether to immediately remove the shotgun or to first examine it where it's set. If Ancora chooses to take it, the following conversation happens:

BGM: Metis
The question remained: either Ancora took the gun, or she left it there. On one hand, the gun would give her protection.

...as if it was left here to act as a shield...

Ancora glanced to the other two; they hadn't noticed the gun coming loose. Having it would make her a prime target. That was why, if she took it, she had to be sure of what she wanted to do with it. With the stress of the moment getting to her head, Ancora... ...took the gun.

Rising back up, Ancora reached both hands forward, grabbing the shotgun. She took it off its stand and held it in both hands, one on the trigger and the other under the barrels.

Cora... what the hell did you do?

Superbia kept her distance to watch Cora in light apprehension. Or perhaps envy, or maybe even disgust. The fact remained that Ancora now had a gun. Luxuria glanced over and recoiled in panic.

Ancora shook her head.

No, I'm just keeping it for protection. I don't want to shoot anybody.

O-oh, that's reassuring...

And then it continues on regardless of which option you chose. The only mechanical difference this choice makes is, well...

...taking the gun gives you 33% TRUST with ???, something that would make no sense to you, the player, at this point in time. There's actually an achievement on Steam for doing so. But it's very easy to miss this if you aren't checking the TRUST levels often, especially since you're already locked in and none of the other TRUST choices matter in the slightest- as you're locked into this ending when Invidia dies in the first vote.

That said, there's one other piece of information that's very easy to miss if you make the “wrong” choice. Later on, when Superbia and Luxuria vanish, Ancora goes looking for them and can go in one of two directions. We chose to go for the first hallway, but if you choose to go look at the voting machines first...

They couldn't have gone too far; there was only one way to take. Even though there were a few twists and turns to Wing A, the entirety of it had just been one long hallway. But now she was at a crossroads. Fitting, for this middle area of the school was often nicknamed “The Crossroads” by the students, as it stood between all four wings.

Where did they go? Did they go back to the voting machine? Did they go back to the first hallway?

Ancora wasn't sure, but ultimately... she went to the voting machines.

That's right; something was wrong. She didn't expect to necessarily find anyone here, but as she approached the shotguns to examine the ninth one, something was amiss. The shotgun was there, of course. Yet, her hand was going through it, unable to touch it or pick it up. The same was happening to Invidia's shotgun; she could touch the symbol plates, but not the firearms.

Huh? It's there, but... I can't touch it... What is this, what does it mean? I definitely could touch it earlier!

A ghost? Can't touch it, hand going through it... That's the sign of a ghost, isn't it? No, that doesn't make any sense...

Ancora was scared by what she was witnessing- scared enough to leave the area back to the staircase. She waited there a few minutes to try and figure out where Luxuria and Superbia had gone, but they never appeared.

And from there things go basically the same as before- Ancora ends up shot by two figures she doesn't get a chance to actually make out. The end.

------------------

There's one section of the flowchart we didn't do, and that was when Ancora is doing the Sally-Anne Test with the others- she's told to use her powers to “see” what's going on, and while we hacked both Avaritia and Invidia, we never hacked Superbia, so we're going to do that now... starting with her hack puzzle.

BGM: Mens Metis

And the solution is:

The solution to this puzzle is to arrange each tile alphabetically- the letters are obvious, but for the numbers, you go based off of their word rather than the visual number (so 8 is next, because it's “eight”, then “forty-five”, then “four”, then “ninety-eight”, then “one”, etc etc etc.)

Normally, the helmets connected instantly. This time, the entire thing took a while longer, as though there was something that purposefully interfered with the connection.

Strange. It's as if the frequency had only begun to share, so the data transfer is slower... or something like that.

That's stupid. I'm out of here.

I wonder what they had been talking about. I guess I won't get to know, and it's all because of that stupid helmet's connection. I hope something isn't broken.

Superbia walked away from the boys and down the stairs, glancing over at the two upturned bowls. One of them contained the fifteen ME-cards, and the other had nothing.

One of them has everything, and the other has nothing...

The girl thought about what it meant for several seconds. She identified with that situation, deep inside, even if she didn't quite understand what she was thinking about. She figured there would be no harm in looking under the bowls, so she turned one of them over. The fifteen ME-cards were located under the cyan bowl still.

Superbia decided to rectify that problem and shifted the ME-cards under the red bowl instead.

It's impossible to split them in the middle. There are fifteen ME-cards, so one of them will end up with more than the other. If that's the case, then one might as well end up with everything, and the other nothing... What about purpose, then? What's the purpose of the one that has nothing? My family's rich, and I don't need anything. But... even though my family's rich, I'm not. I really wanted to put my money to good use...

I'm the queen bitch of the school, however. I'm the rich girl everyone wants to be friends with. I can help everyone with my money. I've spent a lot of what I had, myself, just to make others happy. But then they go away if you stop that. So instead of spending on them, I keep it. I'm still the rich girl. I'm still the untouchable queen bitch. Then they keep depending on being friends with me if they want to look good in public.

She remained in silence for another few seconds. After all was said and done, someone came by.

BGM: Medius
Hey, go tell Ava and Cora that things are fine now, they can come back. It's time.

Do I look like a door to door salesman to you?

No, you look like a lost little girl who has no idea about what's happening. Please.

Ugh, fine.

She flipped the bird, though the motion was softer than usual, as if she was doing it as a joke. She walked away, back to the doors leading into the first hallway they'd been into. That's where she met Avaritia, who was right behind them.

From here it's all basically the same as when we hacked Avaritia, nothing else new happens for the rest of the segment.

Next update, we uncover the first of the post-game secrets! :eng101:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The 'SMARTASS' bit is a nice touch, I have to admit.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Mix: Are you going to talk about the secret puzzle solutions?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

whitehelm posted:

Mix: Are you going to talk about the secret puzzle solutions?

Literally the next update :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Okay for some reason I can't post the next update I keep getting a blocked error message, I tried making this post and then editing it with the update and that gave me the same error

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Is it too long or something?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ZCKaiser posted:

Is it too long or something?

no i am literally somehow triggering cloudflare security with this update :v:

edit: it would appear because i had math equations in the text of the post that the security (somehow) thought it was malicious code???? :psyduck: okay

Mix. fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 16, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Update 40 posted:

Also, YOU may want to know... Once everything is over, there will be something else to do. In order to access a particular moment, you will have to do something... unorthodox. Have you found any alternative solutions to puzzles yet? This has nothing to do with your final Deduction room. It's not for US but for YOU. If you find all of them, you will witness something interesting...

It's time for us to uncover what this message actually meant, as Avaritia/Ityne was speaking to us, the player (aka 'God' or 'YOU') with this. There's a single node on the flowchart that we can't access, both because it's still locked but also because it's in the section of the flowchart where Luxuria is sacrificed during the first vote, which means that it's inherently impossible to reach if you're also on the path to the True Ending (when you first get told about the secret node).

First things first, we have to unlock that node, and to do so, we have to go back and investigate most of the hacking/door puzzles, for most of them have a secret solution path you can unlock... You may have noticed on the flowchart near the end that some of those nodes had a Cool S symbol rather than the normal one. That's because once you find the secret solution to solve the puzzle, it changes to a Cool S, but all of those nodes only have the default answer since they're plot-related rather than actual puzzles. So to unlock this mysterious node, we're going to be revisiting almost every puzzle first, and uncovering/solving the hidden directives. I'm going to cut out the lead-in/lead-out images this time around, though, for brevity.

Puzzle #1 is the first puzzle we ever solve, when E288 first connects to Ancora's helmet fully to assume control and visibility.

The way you obtain the hidden directive is to manually return to the puzzle node after it's been solved, and then open up both hints. Because the game has a 'skip solved puzzles' feature (that I believe is on by default), you generally won't uncover this on your own since you'd have no reason to re-do them (and even if you did, you already know the answer, making you less likely to check the hints). In this case, the solution is:

Ancora means hope, and the directive tells us to 'add' it (to the existing solution), so we just rearrange the letters before the original solution to spell out hope.

Puzzle #2 is the door puzzle that Ancora solves to open the passage to the Crossroads.

The original solution involved spelling the word ME repeatedly around the outside. As for the hidden solution...

...we also have to re-arrange the letters on the inside to represent the order in which we, the player, encounter each member of My Emptiness in order. It starts with Ancora when we begin, then Superbia and Invidia, then Ira, Tristitia, and Avaritia, then Gula and Luxuria. Pandora is last, as we don't “meet” her until much, much later. :v:

Puzzle #3 is the puzzle E288 has to solve when hacking Ira's helmet (during the first hackpoint, before the first vote).

Wow, helpful! :v: The hidden solution for this is...

...to actually use a directive from one of the puzzles you have to solve when hacking Superbia- that is, to sort them C to V, or consonants to vowels.

Puzzle #4 is at the same hackpoint that #3 is, but this time it's the puzzle you solve when hacking Avaritia.

And the hidden solution is...

...to sort the numbers into the three boxes depending on if they're divisible by 1, 2, or 3. (And then lowest to highest like the original solution) Easy peasy. :v:

Puzzle #5 is ALSO at the same hackpoint as #3 and #4, but for the final option: when you hack Luxuria.

As for the hidden solution...

...we're keeping the same standard solution, but with the letters arranged to spell the word 'MILK' within the solution (since 'H to O' only cares about H and O being at the start and end, everything in between can be ordered in any way); the directive also says 'secon-dary' and, well, 'dary' sounds like 'dairy', so :v:

Puzzle #6 is found after the primary branch- specifically, after executing Ira in the first voting session. It's found at the door leading to the rest of Wing A.

Wow, even more helpful!!! :v: The hidden solution is...

...well, actually, it IS to keep going, surprisingly. Specifically, the original directive says to spell 'valid words around' clockwise, but if we take things literally to an additional step, we need to rearrange the letters inside of the square to spell 'clockwise' so we are literally spelling 'valid words around', clockwise, around 'clockwise', which is spelled clockwise. :v:

Puzzle #7 is the puzzle E288 has to solve when hacking Superbia's helmet (during the second hackpoint, after Ira's execution and before the second vote).

And for the hidden solution...

...we just have to spell out the directive for Puzzle #14. That's it! :v:

Puzzle #8 is at the same hackpoint that #7 is, but this time it's the puzzle you solve when hacking Avaritia.

The hidden solution is:

So, if we cut out the middle =, that leaves us with two unconnected halves that we have to figure out. Therefore, the first step is to replace the letters with their respective numbers and assemble them into two equations. Thus, we end up with the resulting solution.

Puzzle #9 is ALSO at the same hackpoint as #7 and #8, but for the final option: when you hack Gula.

As a reminder, the solution for this one required you to sort these by their place on the periodic table, as each letter is also the symbol for an element. As for the hidden solution...

... the period table is completely irrelevant this time. Alphabetical is obviously off the table as well, so we have to look at the directive- specifically, that it emphasizes the word 'tab'. This is another puzzle that references a real world object- that is, our keyboard (again) :v: You're meant to sort the letters starting with the tab key and going left to right, row by row.

Puzzle #10 is a story-related puzzle. It happens when Avaritia is mistakenly executed in the second vote because of the voting buttons being swapped around, and Tristitia shoots Ancora in the back with the revolver. E288 is able to hack into Invidia's helmet and leave Ancora's helmet behind, however, because the TRUST value was at 66%, which was enough for the connection to reach once Invidia approached Ancora's body.

Puzzle #11 is the last door puzzle, found after the second voting session if Gula is the one executed; it leads to the last section of Wing A.

As for the hidden solution:

This one's a little weird to explain. Basically, the directive states to remove the Ms from the equation entirely, so when we're making each row and column the same we pretend the M isn't there. Furthermore, we also have to ensure the diagonal spaces running left to right are also a word as well (in this case, the word 'IDEA').

Puzzle #12 is the puzzle E288 has to solve when hacking Invidia's helmet (during the third hackpoint, after Gula's execution, when the group is setting up the Sally-Anne test).

The original solution was... basically just a math problem :v: Is the hidden solution the same?

This directive's a trap, because you probably read that and assumed it required you to do a different kind of math problem, but pay close attention to the fact that “double them” is written in quotes. The ACTUAL solution is a simple substitution cipher- you're supposed to spell the phrase 'double them' out instead. :v:

Puzzle #13 is at the same hackpoint that #12 is, but this time it's the puzzle you solve when hacking Avaritia.

The original solution only cared about the middle section- specifically, that Feb 8th is the 39th day of the year. For the hidden solution, however....

...we also have to put the outside sections in a specific order. Specifically, JK as the left one (the 10th and 11th letters respectively) and 39 as the right one (if you remember the conversation from before, 3 in Japanese is san and 9 is kyuu in Japanese, so said together it sounds like 'thank you'.)

Puzzle #14 is ALSO at the same hackpoint as #12 and #13, but for the final option: when you hack Superbia.

The hidden solution is:

This is another weird one with a surprisingly simple solution- specifically, the meaning of the directive is to ascend and then descend numerically- 1 through 9 and then back down to 1. E is the 5th letter in the alphabet, so it fills in for the 5, and U is the 21st letter, so it fills in for the 2 and the 1.

Puzzle #15 is when we finally go to the other branch of the flowchart- specifically, after executing Luxuria in the first voting session. It's found at the door leading to the rest of Wing A.

You still have to assemble an E out of Ms, but the hidden solution cares about what we do with the other letters- specifically, the directive references the TRUST menu. The solution is to put the other letters, in the order of the TRUST menu with Pandora in the middle.

Puzzle #16 is the puzzle E288 has to solve when hacking Superbia's helmet (during the second hackpoint, after Ira's execution).

As you'll remember, the original solution had us breaking up the phrases 'rabbit' and '&lion'. As for the hidden solution...

...it's functionally the same, you just have to break up the phrase while also repeating '&lion' in reverse rather than both going the same direction.

Puzzle #17 is at the same hackpoint that #16 is, but this time it's the puzzle you solve when hacking Tristita.

The original solution had us figure out a cipher based on the order of letters on our keyboard. As for the hidden solution...

...our keyboards are no longer the solution at all- in fact, the hidden solution doesn't use letters at all. Normally, you'd assume that you just put them in numerical order then, except for the directive saying that 44 is less than 9. To solve this, you have to add both digits together for the slots with multiples, and then re-order based on those solutions. For example, 44 (4 plus 4) equals 8, etc. How you're supposed to arrive at this conclusion I couldn't begin to tell you :v:

Puzzle #18 is ALSO at the same hackpoint as #16 and #17, but for the final option: when you hack Ira.

This one's a weird one, but the hidden directive is more literal than you might think- specifically, if you add a to the end of alphabet, you get 'alphabeta'... or alpha beta, as in the first two letters of the Greek alphabet. From there, we re-arrange the letters in order of the Greek alphabet (alpha, beta, zeta, iota, chi), since all five of these letters are the same symbols regardless of which alphabet you use. That said, the order is much different, as the second half of the equation can attest- alpha is first, beta is second, zeta is sixth, iota is ninth, and chi is the twenty-second. :eng101:

Puzzles #19 and #20, the last two in the game, are the other story-related puzzles- specifically, #19 is the puzzle that allows E288 to enter the body that is prepared for her in the second group, and #20 is the puzzle to birth the ME Code upon reaching the central white room above the whole facility.

With this, the unreachable node becomes reachable:

…well, with the help of a fresh save file, that is- and we can finally access the hidden moment...

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

BGM: Memoria

I had no idea what I was looking at. In fact, I had no idea how I even got here. My thoughts were scrambled, and I lost track of reality. Alex was talking to me. Not Ancora, not Pandora, but me. Who was I, really? I'd been decieved twice. I was made to believe I was Ancora, then Pandora. In reality, I was probably “me”. I had no name. Others referred to me as “YOU” before.

To put it simply, as I can sense you are having difficulties understanding your predicament, you are the most impossible entity in this place.

But you are... different. We may be able to refer to YOU as “A Birthed Memory”. I was instructed with these words so that I may relay them in your presence, as it were. This is not Alex speaking- he merely believes he is having a normal conversation.

In reality, they have been brought together so that I may let you know about the next part of Ityne's plan.

I am remotely communicating with you through this small terminal. I do not have much time, so listen carefully. First of all, I would like to apologize. Surely, you have lived through countless lifetimes worth of difficulties. No one should be able to shoulder such weight, but the fact of the matter is that YOU are necessary.

That is... incorrect. I've been extremely distant with members of my own family, and that is also a crime. Lucille is my daughter, and Alex is her brother. They both ignore that fact. I've had... more of a presence for my daughter, which is something I regret terribly. To put it simply, I ignored I even had a son before I came to prison. ...But yes, that principal is me. I currently am located in the prison at

and you will be a necessary element to further Ityne's plan. I know you may not like her, and you may also not care for me, but everything hangs in the balance.

While we were meant to live within the confines of each of our timeframes, YOU are made of information that can travel to previous iterations of the universe, carrying it from future ones.

That is why you are necessary, as the past is the past and cannot be changed, but there are elements that are required to be brought about for Project Deforge. And that needs your help.

I will say, though... I already know this future is doomed, but another will come. Be there at the prison. Only YOU can avert the world's ultimate stasis.

I still wasn't sure if I should help or not. Besides, I wasn't sure if my presence helped at all. One thing was for sure, though.

Welcome to My Emptiness.

Mix. fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 29, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, what do YOU know.

:v:

Thanks again for a lovely LP, Mix.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Before we get into any of the bonus content added post-release, this update is going to be devoted to the in-game Lexicon, which is updated every time a term in blue is mentioned in the game proper. You have to get everything, including the hidden message from last update, to actually fill it out completely :v: Like the previous game's Lexicon section, some stuff is expanded on further here that isn't shown in the actual story itself, so it's still worth a browse.

ABiMe [Fiction]:
The AbiMe is made of three sections: A, Bi, and Me.

-A stands for something unclear as of now.
-Bi stands for Bichromatic, which is the property of an object to have two colors.
-Me stands for Meridian, which is the vertical line crossing perpendicularly over the equator which is horizontal.

It is said to be able to measure eigenstates, which can be imagined as the multiple coexisting states of any element.

There's also A Birthed Memory...

AI ME [Pseudoscience]:
AI stands for Artificial Intelligence, which is said to be a series of code with self-learning abilities. It stands for a few more things, such as “ai”, the word for “love” in Japanese. Combined with “me” in one word, it makes “aime”, which is the present imperative of the verb “to love” in French.

Alex Saville [Character]:
Alex is a teenager who has lived a decently hard life. Born after his parents had a divorce, he never met his father, which forced him to be the man in the house. Yet, his mother is poor, and so is he. He keeps in shape to protect his household, and he met Annie through school. The two of them ended up using each other: Alex was used for his strength, and Annie was used for her money. Yet, they developed an interest in each other, but could never truly give into their feelings.

Annie Sansoucy [Character]:
Annie is a teenager who found nothing but comfort in her life. She very quickly understood that her family was privileged, and that translated to a horrible upbringing. Very quick to control other people's lives, she was kicked out of private school for her terrible behavior. In public school, she met Alex ande subsequently used him without understanding what she felt for him. To this day, she harbors resentment for her family, as she had nothing due to her parents keeping everything for themselves.

Artisanal Bombs [Reality]:
With the advent of the internet, it is increasingly easier to fabricate all sorts of terrible explosives. In general, those bombs are able to cause great damage, but their safety when handling is mediocre at best. Five of them were used to collapse entire wings of the school, though two of them malfunctioned and didn't even trigger. The real question is, where are those bombs now? Are they being used for the Kill ME game?

Beliefs [Reality]:
Beliefs usually refer to something someone thinks is true, without the necessity of any proof. Normally, a belief can be true or untrue, but some beliefs can be turned into facts if proper proof is provided. In short, a belief is only a fact awaiting confirmation.

Deadly Sins [Reality]:
Nowadays, there are seven deadly sins.

-Lust governs over all manners of desires in general
-Gluttony governs over wasteful consumption
-Greed governs over desire for material possessions
-Sloth governs over willful inactivity
-Wrath governs over uncontrolled anger and hatred
-Envy governs over covetousness for what others possessions
-Pride governs over the desire for selfish superiority

Originally, there were nine of them in total. Which ones were removed...?

Deja Vu [Pseudoscience]:
The phenomenon of deja vu has been widely accepted as being an error in memories. It is the act of remembering something as having already happened, despite the fact it is impossible, giving a feeling of familiarity with the situation. In reality, deja vu could very well show that this very situation has already happened but in another history.

Enneagram [Reality]:
The Enneagram of Personality is a model of the human psyche that has been vastly debated among those fields of study as being incomplete or incorrect due to a lack of analysis. It is supposed to categorize human personalities to try and rationalize how someone would think in a given situation. The truth of the matter is that it's still unclear if it's practical or only theory, and it has yet to be widely accepted within psychology studies and their academic communities.

Epiphany [Reality]:
An epiphany is a moment of sudden and striking realization. It occurs when the brain suddenly makes a connection of two different ideas together, in order to produce a third one. It is also said to be a manifestation of a divine being which doesn't operate under the laws of nature. The latter definition is more biblical in origin while the former is more scientific. The two of them carry the same meaning of “manifestation”.

Erelle Webber [Character]:
Erelle is a teacher who has a minor in psychology. She is yet to be married, despite being well over thirty years old, and she often lies about her age in order to feel younger. She has a bit of a greedy streak given that she desires things she cannot have: a better job, for one, but also a companion for life. All of the men she finds of her age disgust her, to the point where she would rather seek younger boys. Her greed also stems from the fact she wants things without losing any.

Eternal Return [Pseudoscience]:
The theory of the Eternal Return has its roots in the origins and end of the universe. It is also one of many ways the universe is thought to bring itself to its end. They call it the Big Crunch, where the universe will shrink back to a singular space then cause itself to undergo the Big Bang all over again, dispersing its energy in the same fashion it had done before the Big Crunch. It is called the “Eternal Return” because the universe returns to its original form of infinite energy in infinitely small space, causing a cycle that cannot be broken as long as things go exactly the same.

Etienne Schmidt [Character]:
Etienne is a teenager who has more or less given up on life. His favorite hobbies include video games, especially rather disturbing or depressing ones. His dad is a researcher and he gets paid very well, giving them a fairly comfortable lifestyle. Unfortunately, his father is also absent from home and doesn't really know what Etienne is up to. Using the money he gets, Etienne maintains multiple websites and runs a small trafficking ring for children, especially those who bully him, whom he wants to dispense justice upon.

Ex Machina [Fiction]:
The Ex Machina, or EM, is an artifical body made to closely resemble that of a human being. One could refer to them as an android, but they have multiple functions androids might not normally have. They are still prototypes, and most of them aren't even given a proper appearance befitting of a human being yet. Their additional function is to be a vessel for God...

God [Pseudoscience]:
God is the spiritual deity governing over creation in the Catholic religion. The existence of god has heavily been debated, and is yet impossible to prove to this day, though both sides of the argument always provide their fair share of proof, or lack thereof. Ultimately, what one believes is in their own business, but many also believe God isnt an “entity” but rather “a force”, to the point where humanity could be referred to as “God”, or life itself might be. God is supposedly omnipresent and omnipotent.

Gravity Machine [Fiction]:
The gravity machine is still mostly a mystery. It is capable of outputting a large degree of gravity for whatever is contained inside, but the purposes for doing that are nebulous at best. It was an invention made by the Empty S, but it seems to have been discarded in favor of another machine. Ityne was quick to leap onto a scrap of their technology, which she is still studying.

Greta Penmill [Character]:
Greta is Hannah's twin sister. The two girls attend the Hyacinth-Delorm Polyvalent High School, and they both value each other greatly. However, Greta Penmill cares for Hannah even more than Hannah cares for her, to the point where she will often stalk her to check if anything dangerous is happening to her. That's how she learned Hannah was Pandora, the leader of My Emptiness. She saw that as dangerous, and wanted to stop it, but...

Hacking [Reality]:
Hacking is the process of breaking through some sort of digital lock meant to allow only the password-holder to use a service or device. The “hacking” in this game refers to pretty much the same thing, except what's being hacked isn't an account or a database but a camera, as well as other sensory inputs.

Hannah Penmill [Character]:
Hannah is Greta's twin sister. The two girls attend the Hyacinth-Delorm Polyvalent High School, and they both value each other greatly. However, she is also a little independent sometimes, and she tends to do her own things, too. That is why she is Pandora, the leader of My Emptiness. Unfortunately, her quick and easy cruising through life was cut short by the Kill ME game, as her sister hadn't managed to stop her from doing all these things.

Hyacinth-Delorm [Reality]:
A secondary school set in Quebec, Canada. It has four wings, which all have different purposes:

-Wing A contains all the classes for grades 3, 4, and 5
-Wing B is the administrative wing, and has a cafeteria
-Wing C is made of a gymnasium, and deals with sports
-Wing D contains all special and manual training

There is also a second floor, but it is not explored or mentioned in the game at all. Please note that in this case, “grades 3, 4, and 5” refer to the equivalent of grades 9, 10, and 11 in high school.

Ityne Icofilm [Character]:
Help.

Lucille Boisjoli [Character]:
Lucille was a cheerful girl with scholarship issues. Despite her father being the principal of a school, she flunked her classes enough to be held back two years. Still, her father loved her, and showered her with machines for her hobbies, which were all centered around tinkering. Unfortunately, her father was caught in the murderer scandal. Despite spending dozens of hours reading the dictionary, it didn't make her any smarter, and she decided to act in the way she knew how: by taking revenge on the school itself for allowing that to happen to her.

Mandela Effect [Pseudoscience]:
The Mandela Effect is a term popularized in the 2010s denoting false memories. It comes from the widespread belief Nelson Mandela died in the 80s, when in fact he had lived far longer than that. Many people believe it is a sign of alternate timelines, though it is much more likely they are errors in memories as a result of suggestability or general misinformation. The chances those memories come from an alternate self are pretty slim, if none.

Marco [Character]:
Marco is a post-graduate student of the field of noematics from the University of Montreal. In general, he has a light tone and likes to joke around a lot, even when things are dead serious. His passion for all things scientific began when he was at the age of eight, when computers were still fairly new. In recent years, he began conducting strange activities with no discernable goals but to see how far he could push his discovery of technology. He wouldn't get far without Ityne.

Mark Tremblay [Character]:
Mark's family is fairly numerous. His dad and his mom have seven children, six of which are girls, all older than Mark. It's difficult for him to make friends with boys, but he managed to get along with a couple of them. They like to play laser tag at the Laserdome, but due to how far the establishment is, he doesn't get to do it often. To avoid his father being wrongly imprisoned as a result of the kid's murder, Mark had to falsify documents which pinned it onto the only other likely suspect at the time.

My Emptiness [Fiction]:
Originally a group formed of students wishing to do as they pleased without worrying over life and its hardships, it had changed into a little school mafia where the leader gave tasks to perform and selected who would do them based on what kind of free style of life they wanted to pursue. While everyone's job was to merely enjoy what they ordinarily couldn't to their leisure, the leader's job was to clean up after them. It all got out of hand when the leader started manipulating it into doing her bidding in order to have an easy life, such as the removal of superior students or manipulation of grades...

Myth of Pandora [Fiction]:
Pandora is said to be the first human woman, who was created by Hephaestus on demand of Zeus. Each god cooperated by giving her unique gifts, hence the name of “all-gifted”. The myth of Pandora's Box (Pandora's Jar) deals with her opening a jar in which all the evils of the world were contained, and upon realizing what she had done, closing the box again (hencfe the name “all-giving”.) Unfortunately, it was too late, leaving only “hope” trapped inside. In the context of this story, Pandora is nothing more than a symbolic name.

Nico Hope [Character]:
Nico is a teenager who doesn't seem to really understand the reach his actions can have. The only thing he's focused on is him and himself, and nothing else. His pleasure comes above all else, whether it's comfort or physical affairs. In truth, he lives alone even though he doesn't have the right to do so. With no paternal or maternal figure to watch over him, he's learned how to appeal to people due to his favorite trait: cuteness. Unfortunately, he also has a bad tendency to go a little too far with girls. Some of those times didn't go well for them.

Project Deforge [Fiction]:
Project Deforge is the codename given to the next phase of Ityne's plan. What that plan is, what the goal is, and who is involved are all things still shrouded in mystery.

Please look forward to the third installment of the AbiMe series.

Sally-Anne Test [Reality]:
The Sally-Anne Test is a psychological test used in developmental psychology to measure someone's ability to attribute false beliefs to others. Sally has a marble and a basket while Anne has a box. Sally puts her marble in her basket and then she leaves. Anne takes the marble out and puts it in her box instead. When Sally comes back, does she check the basket or the box for her marble? The correct answer is to say the basket, but what you know may influence the answer...

The Cool S [Reality]:
Around the birth of the internet, many people have led a wild goose chase in order to know where this symbol comes from. Some say it is related to various things, but no one has really found the origins of this “Cool S”. It has been drawn everywhere. In notebooks, on walls as graffiti, and it's even been part of works of art. By the way, “everywhere” means all over the world, too. It's a total mystery, coming from as far back as the 1890s.

The dead boy [Fiction]:
Nobody really knows what the identity of the boy who was killed really was. The information was kept secret by the police, and it's unclear even to My Emptiness which death set off the investigation. Of course, the boy's killer definitely knows who it is, but it's doubtful they'll ever speak about it.

The Empty S [Fiction]:
A mysterious group of researchers who study various subjects of pseudoscience. Very little has ever been known about them, as they operate very quickly should any of their secrets leave the nest.

They're watching you, though.

The helmets [Fiction]:
The strange helmets the group of My Emptiness have been adorned with have multiple purposes. They can act as a middleman between the head and the outside world. There is a function to transform what the exterior cameras capture into brainwaves, which is aimed to cure blindness.

They are unwieldy and their uses have been limited so far. They are used as batteries for Ex Machinas. The body can operate by itself for 39 minutes if it wears a helmet for 6 hours. They can also be used to copy memories. Of course, they can also explode.

The number 39 [Pseudoscience]:
This number stands for quite a lot of things, but within the context of this story, here are the most important things:

-It is the atomic number of yttrium, or “Y”. The symbol “Y” has been used before to show branching paths coming from a singular trunk as a result of human choices. Yttrium is used in LYP batteries.

-It is Japanese slang for “thank you” due to 3 being “san” and 9 being “kyu”. As for who is being thanked, and who is thanking, that is unclear...

Tinkerbell Effect [Pseudoscience]:
The Tinkerbell Effect refers to something that exists only due to people's belief. For example, if everyone believed that money is worthwhile to own, then money would be worthwhile to own- and it is! The Reverse Tinkerbell Effect is the same thing, but believing in something means it no longer exists. For instance, safety while driving no longer exists if everyone believes roads are safe, and no longer follow the proper procedures for said safety. Do you believe in yourself? Do others believe in you?

TRUST [Reality]:
TRUST is an acronym standing for “Television Relay Using Small Terminals” which originally was an experiment to promote satellites used for broadcasting. It was a large experiment published in 1975, and to this day, satellites do most of the work associated with television, smartphones, and other devices. Of course, the helmets don't use a satellite to transmit the signals between themselves, but rather receptors powered by a local energy generator, so that the signal never leaves the experimental grounds.

Werewolf/Mafia [Reality]:
Werewolf, or Mafia, is a competitive game involving deaths by majority vote. It is a game with a day and night cycle, where the majority has the power during the day, and the minority has the power during the night. The primary goal of the game is to pit an uninformed majority against an informed minority, to see which side can outsmart the other. Generally speaking, it is impossible to really figure out the minority without any loss, so some trial-and-error makes the initial phases a gamble. Tricking people into giving themselves away is fun, too.

Zachary [Character]:
The director of the school is a rather important man... or was, anyway. He was not involved in what My Emptiness was doing, but he was turning a bit of a blind eye to it as he knew his daughter was in it. Unfortunately, he couldn't act to stop it, as the Empty S had its eyes on what Pandora was doing and had silenced someone trying to stop it already. The last thing he'd want was to be killed by the group his daughter was a part of.

He is currently imprisoned, something Ityne wants to change, which will take great effort.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Now that we've beaten the game (and seen the hidden message), the flowchart's actually updated to include a few more secret nodes, ones that aren't part of the main game paths. These weren't in the game at launch, and instead have been patched in every so often by the creator. (A note: these are from a perspective we do not know the identity of for certain yet, only that it is in italics - which I've replicated in the rest of these bonus updates. Sorry if this causes any confusion! :kiddo:) We're going to be exploring the first one of those in this update- specifically, this one is linked to the first Deduction room we ever did...

This is a recording. If the time on file didn't lie, this recording began a little after the beginning of the Kill ME game. Apparently, it's the first of three recordings. How did I get access to these recordings, you ask? I don't know. Suddenly, one of them became “unlocked”. I don't know what that means.

I better open this one. Let's start it and see what's inside.

The view flickered a few times, as it settled onto a classroom. It was six minutes, almost seven past the hour. There were three figures in the room. The first visible one was a large boy with a horse helmet. I knew who that was: Tristitia. Alongside him was another, also a boy: Ira.

This is most likely Ityne's team. I guess right now, she's going to be called Avaritia. Wait, this is the second team- the team with the robots, right?

I couldn't be sure. Instead, I watched as things were happening on the screen, recorded from Avaritia's helmet.

You'd think waking up in a classroom, being locked in, and then told our helmets would be a permanent addition until we escaped from here would get a stronger reaction out of you. But no, you're more interested in that door.

I'm not so weak-minded as to panic in a situation like this. I'm only examining our way out.

The horse boy was examining the door. His hands tried to dislodge his helmet, but he couldn't.

They're all awake. I assume ME already gave her speech, since they're all awake and already looking around the room.

Did you not get the recording sent by the mastermind behind our abduction?

I have. I was just not sure if this was true or not.

I'm not nervous. You're the one who's stuttering, probably because you tried to take that helmet off just now, and ME warned you. No, in fact, I think I'm perfectly fine with this. It's a one-in-a-lifetime chance to take part in something otherworldly.

You're speaking nonsense. Let's just get the stuff we have to find in here and escape promptly. Do you agree, Ira?

Y-yes. I want to get out ASAP t-too.

BGM: Mendosus
Avaritia moved away from Tristitia to look at the lamp near the door. Ira split from them too, instead observing the desks and the cubicle shelves in the back.

T-there's a weird prism on the shelves.

Leave it there. We should use it to consolidate what we find.

Suit yourself if you want, I don't really care.

Tristitia was getting a little annoyed at how they disregarded his earlier thought. He walked up to Avaritia after Ira moved the hexagonal prism to the teacher's desk and vacated the immediate area.

Don't you understand? This place... it's a kidnapping, and we're wearing strange helmets. I bet they have all sorts of functions we can't see. Maybe they'll allow us to gain memories or something. Maybe they're linked. We might be able to acquire some sort of otherworldly capability. What if we were able to peek into the minds of those who wear the other helmets?

...all this sounds very strange to me.

I still couldn't tell if this was Ityne. If it was, she played her role very well. Avaritia was always a no-nonsense kind of woman.

Why would that be the case? I think its far likelier that the helmets we wear are only used as a deterrent to stop us from disobeying the mastermind. Isn't that a more grounded thought?

Hmm... I thought I might've convinced you, since you seem like a grown adult with a good head on your shoulders. Let's just say our other companion is... not so mentally elevated.

He cast a glance towards Ira, who was lifting desk after desk to look underneath, even if he'd have gotten the same result by crouching and taking a look like that.

While that may be the case, don't quickly disregard the others you'll meet, especially if you might spend a while in their company. And by the way, please don't treat me like I'm so much older.

I found this cylinder. Please search things too. If you do nothing, and only talk about nonsense, I won't hesitate to throw you to the dogs if it comes to it.

Tristitia realized it was in his best interest to participate in the search. He left the immediate area after grumbling something, and began looking around the bookshelves. Avaritia deposited the cylinder she found onto the desk, where she met with Ira again.

That's two. I wonder h-how many we'll find...

Did you see the painting on the wall over there?

Uh... yeah, I d-did just now.

What do you think is so special with it?

I think we'll find four. I don't know why they have these strange slots on the ends. What about you- do you have an idea?

Maybe we can put... s-something in! That could u-unlock them. There's this b-border, see?

He grabbed the cylinder and showed it to the teacher. Indeed, a few centimeters down from the top, there was a lighter-colored border.

The top is like a b-bottle cap, then. Maybe if I just...

Don't do this. You might damage the container, and then what's inside won't help us.

Oops! W-well, I didn't destroy it. I think I might be able to open them all like this.

Ugh... Why am I stuck with this idiot...?

H-hey, that's not very nice to say to someone who just gave you a ticket out of h-here.

Just don't break things by mistake, okay?

She gave up on opposing him and instead only asked him to do the minimum to conserve the state of the objects. Tristitia came by them again while Ira was breaking the hexagonal prism open.

That's not too bad. Good idea. I didn't even realize there were things inside of these. Either way, I also found a key.

Did you try it on the lockers?

Yes?

You saw the metal box too, didn't you?

Yes.

And?

I can't open it. There's a little keypad on the other side. Whoever knows the code can open it, I suppose. Otherwise, we can't do it. It's also heavy, don't try to lift it.

By the time she was done explaining that, Ira was done opening the hexagonal prism, too. He quickly went over to the box and lifted it like it was nothing.

Heh. T-that's my specialty!

I-it will be life-threatening if you don't s-shut up.

He dropped the box, which made a solid, heavy noise when it collided with the ground. The team of three kept away from it, since they couldn't open it.

So, Ira lifted it as effortlessly as “I” did. That means he must be one of those... Ex Machinas, whatever they're called. This is indeed Ityne, then.

Amassing the pieces of paper, the other prisms, and the newspapers, the group was pondering on their meaning. All three of them had scoured the information.

Drugs, an arrest, and murder. Is this meant to point out crimes we committed?

A-are you involved in any of that?

No. I know some people are, though. Namely, our names- they're from a website I managed.

Is it the website on that one paper?

Yes. It's thesinemptiness.com. Although it's written “the sin emptiness”, I originally meant it as “the S in Emptiness”...

T-that's way more obscure, you know. For someone who c-claims they're smart, you can be pretty d-dumb too sometimes.

Shut up. Avaritia, did you find something?

Yes. We have two keycards of some variety here.

Tristitia went over to them, taking them both. He looked at them, apparently trying to play “spot the difference”. The two cards were exactly the same. He handed one over to Ira.

W-what is that thing?

It would fly over your head, don't worry about it.

Ira balled his hands into fists, looking very displeased about Tristitia's casual dismissal.

I guess I'll take the key, then.

Reaching inside, she also took out the small piece of paper, on which were written the words “Welcome to My Emptiness”. Tristitia stared at it for a while, from the side. Ira grew impatient as the two of them remained silent.

What's with the h-hold up? What does it say?

It says, “Welcome to My Emptiness”. I can't help but notice that it's the same name as... Huh? As what? I don't remember this very well...

Oh yeah! I k-know that, too!

All of our names appear on that list from the website. If the list of names is made of all the nicknames of the members of My Emptiness, then we're a part of it. Is that what links us together?

Could be. Do you want to take your chances and say it at the door?

I don't especially want to do it, but I trust this is the right answer.

Ira nudged the two of them over to the box.

What about this thing? A-aren't we supposed to open it?

F-fine...

He split from them, looking dejected. This guy wasn't going to say the answer to leave the room, that was certain. It was down to Tristitia or Avaritia.

So, will you do the honors, or will I?

Just to be sure, the answer is “My Emptiness”, right?

Yes.

Let ME out! What links us together is My Emptiness!

A small click from the door signaled the answer was correct. The three of them had escaped well under the time limit, thanks to Ira's handling of the prisms.

Without the courtesy of letting the lady lead the charge, he vanished beyond the door. Tristitia waited, unsure if he should head out too. He made up his mind, and was about to leave, when Avaritia's arm shot out to stop him by grabbing his shoulder.

What's this all about, then?

Before we go, tell me more about your... delusions.

They're not delusions, for one. But very well, I'll talk!

He seemed far too giddy about the prospect of sharing his idea with the older woman. Her interest in his words did strike me as odd, which only further proved this was Ityne.

She wants to know what he's talking about to see if he has his memories or something?

It's like those games I've played before. Either someone took inspiration from them, or they were meant to guide me to this place, to this time. Something wild will happen, provided I can survive until then. Is it about espers? Is it about aliens? Is it something else entirely? I cannot wait for the grand exposition.

W-what are you talking about? Espers? Aliens? Are you p-psycho?

Ira called out from the hallway as Tristitia's tone became louder out of sheer eagerness.

Please contain your noisy excitement to avoid him disrupting our conversation at the very least, and tell me what you know without the imagery.

Okay, okay...

He brushed the back of his head with a hand, as if composing himself anew, until he realized his helmet was in the way and stopped.

What does your father do?

He was a scientist. I can remember that much. He worked for...

You two c-coming out yet, or what?

Ira interrupted the boy again. Avaritia gave an annoyed click of her tongue.

It won't be long, just give us a second. Go look around the place for us.

Anyway, I forgot what it was. He worked for someone, a company... It was called... E... E-something.

Yes, the Empty S, we already knew that. Why is this recording here? Is this meant to give some information or another? It's finally more interesting than just Ityne's escape, at least.

Right. We should head out, since as I recall, there's a timer in this room.

He walked to leave, and Avaritia followed him, grabbing his wrist before he opened the door. He turned his head towards her.

Anything else?

Your father, what was his name?

She's very insistent on gaining information about his father. What's this all about? Is it important, somehow? But his father's dead, from what he said.

You speak as if you know he's dead.

No, you said it as if it was in the past, so I just assumed. Is he not?

Obviously, he's gone. As for his name, if I remembered, I'd tell you. Sadly, I currently can't even remember my own name, least of all his.

If you insist...

He pulled away from her grasp and finally left the room. Alone in it, Avaritia crossed her arms.

I need to get that name... All the records have been wiped. This kid knows about the Abime, too... That must've been why his father was removed. I know he was directly working on the Abime. If they can't even remember their names, maybe the dosage was too big. A stupid mistake.

She was speaking in a hushed tone, as if the words were meant for her own self only. Finally, she left the room.

BGM: Medius
When she stepped through, she saw Tristitia examining some metal plates at the back of the hallway. Ira was trying to look through the windows, even if they were blocked off.

He pushed onto them, but the plates held strong.

We can't make it through there. How wonderful.

Am I really the only one who's eager to see how things go from here on out? We're participating in something completely otherworldly... A side of society only a handful have ever seen will be open to us.

Y-you're still being a psycho right now, man...

No, that's not what being a psychopath means, you dumb musclehead. Oh!

He snapped his fingers and turned to look at Avaritia again. Ira disregarded him after his insult, which Avaritia didn't seem to care about, as her focus was entirely on Tristitia.

My father's name, I remember.

He was about to say something else, but he couldn't get another word out. Another door opened down the hallway. The three of them straightened out, as a tall girl with a rabbit head walked out of that classroom.

And this is where the recording cuts, but I know how things go past this point. So Tristitia's father is named Zachary? That's the person Ityne's looking for. Wait, isn't there some kind of contradiction...? Something to think about, I guess.

What exactly is the Abime, anyway? I also wonder about what is inside the other recording, which is set to much later. And the most mysterious one of the bunch seems to not even have a date on it... It seems they'll unlock later. When? Hopefully soon. Until then, I'll wait.

It's so... cold here... So cold... How long do I have to wait? I need to get out of here soon. I need to get out, even if it kills me...

Mix. fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 29, 2023

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
"Zachary" was supposed to be Gula and Ira's father, right? The innocent principal? Something's up here, and I don't think it's that he had some more kids. Could this be some kind of memory bleeding over (like how a bunch of them thought their name was Marco)?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Going forward for this LP, I'm going to be updating it on a weekly basis, starting next week with the first of the character interviews- this will give us a bit of a buffer to see when the next story patch will be added, as that should get us through the rest of the year (and most of January). I'll be doing those updates on Tuesdays, and those will be going into the LP proper (and in turn into the archive once we've finally got the last bits of the story leading into the third game). In the meantime, on Thursdays, I'm going to post small chunks of the stuff we've been shown for the third game in the series (mostly the main cast, which have been revealed in pairs elsewhere, and I'll be following suit in this thread for people who are interested but don't wanna go searching for it themselves :v:). These Thursday updates will NOT be going into the LP proper, and thus won't be linked in the OP, as I definitely will be LPing the third (and supposedly final) game in the series once it's released (and after I've given it a runthrough myself first, obviously, I'm not about to start LPing it the second it drops :v:); the next post after this one is going to primarily go into what we know about the game in a broad sense both in terms of narrative and in terms of how the story's system is supposedly going to be set up, and next week I'll post the first pair of characters and what we will know about them going into the third game.

For those of you who don't want to learn anything about the third game and go into it/the LP blind, since the interviews and stuff will be linked in the OP proper you can just check that whenever the thread updates to avoid getting spoiled on anything, which is why I'm making this post with a 'hey, heads up' message :thumbsup:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

If you want to go into the third game/LP blind, this is your last warning to click away now! :eng101:

Ever since Birth ME Code's release, fans have been referring to the (supposed) last game in the series as 'Project Deforge', since that's what Ityne has been referring to her plans as and, well, that's basically what the creator, Miracle Moon, was using as the placeholder before a name was revealed. While there were a few teases here and there on their Patreon, most of their time (and updates) were devoted to the remaster of Head AS Code as well as the cleanup/additions to Birth ME Code that were implemented before this LP started. However, towards the end of March 2021, he posted a strange image with a cryptic message attached...

quote:

six aside, six beside
one seaside to decide
a zen maim came

it is for the future when none may tread.

The next one came a week later.

quote:

Arm, Cool S, ES, Mane, Sister, Step
It is for the future when none may tread.

The next one came a month later.

quote:

Gorilla Arms, Mummy, Progenitor, Scalp, Time, Vendetta

The last one came a week after the third.

quote:

No more mix-up or inversion. The files are set. 6 A side, 6 B Side
one seaside to decide
01 12 03 06 09 02 05 10 08 07 11 04

And with this last one, he confirmed he would begin showing the cast of the third game in the series, still unnamed (but being referred to as Project Deforge). The characters were collected in pairs, showing two off each month starting in May 2021. You can probably already guess a couple of the characters just based on how BMEC ended (or if you've seen the Steam page :v:), but we won't “officially” see the first pair in this thread until next week.

Instead, for this post, we're going to skip several months ahead, to September 8th, 2021, where MM revealed the name of the third game in the series: Decide 4 God. It does not have a set release date yet past “Late 2022” at the time of this posting. It currently has a Steam page where you can wishlist it, and with this page we got a lot more information about what the third game is going to be about :

We already know that the third game is taking place at a prison of some kind, where Ityne is attempting to break in and rescue the principal of the school where My Emptiness was based out of, though her reasons for doing so (and whether his rescue is her only goal) are still 'unknown'. (The Steam page spoils a little bit about it, but I'm being coy for the sake of not going off information the games themselves haven't told us yet :v:) Based off the Steam page, we also know that the cast are going to be split into two 'teams'- Side A and Side B, if you will. One team is the group that are breaking into the prison, and the other team is a group of people attempting to break out of the prison. We will be able to switch between teams and witness what's going on with each group, as their stories will be happening simultaneously (supposedly) with each half forming one whole story. In that vein, each pair of characters that have been revealed are one person from each team.

There are two primary themes we know are going to be incorporated into the gameplay and narrative focus; the first one is that you can choose who to investigate/explore with, and who you choose to/choose not to will impact how events play out (including the option to investigate by yourself). We can infer from this that we may be investigating the same “escape room” segments but how the puzzles shake out change based on who you have with you; it might be similar to the branching paths from the game AI: The Somnium Files, where your actions inside the somniums dictate which route you go down.

The other theme is that of the curse of knowledge- that is, once you learn something, you can't unlearn it. We already explored this somewhat in BEMC with “God”/YOU discovering how the Sally-Anne Test worked (and thus making it unusable going forward as long as “our” perspective is the one percieving it), and it's implied that this kind of thing will be explored in greater detail in D4G- this time, however, it's implied to be an actual game mechanic rather than a meta knowledge thing, as the game will have autosaves and 'data transfers across playthroughs'- essentially, the game will force our memory retention to be permanent, and we can't just pretend we didn't learn anything this time around.

As for the flowchart, we know that there will be at least a dozen endings in D4G, and the Steam page calls it a 'linear yet malleable' flowchart- supposedly you will be able to sort and re-arrange the paths available to you, and the paths you take will determine what ending you can get. It describes it as something like a labyrinth, but until we actually get a visual for what the flowchart looks like, I'm personally just picturing it as something like Zero Time Dilemma's flowchart was like, where you picked the segments and it narrowed down what you could or couldn't interact with on the flowchart. Maybe more on that later. :v:

I'm going to end this first update on the third game with the image that was given to us when the game's title was first released- it's the key art that's also used in the background for the Steam page's logo.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The next segments to be added (in a later patch after the one from last update) involve the lock nodes, as they have now become segments- specifically, they are a series of interviews with each individual character. Most of the questions in these interviews were provided/determined by the creator's Patreon; whether this was a good idea is, uh, up to personal interpretation :v:

At the time of this LP, there has not been any indication that these interviews should be considered canonical as events (though the information given during them is canon), but until the third game is out we can't rule anything out completely :v: The interviews are given by an unshown, undescribed person listed as 'EM', who is part of the ES Branch of the Empty S; that said, lacking any kind of characterization or visuals, I've thrown together my own portrait for them. We can probably assume they aren't going to be relevant to the broader story, but, again, until the third game comes out, we can't rule things out completely :v:

I'm afraid that's none of your concern. I have here a list of questions I have to ask you.

This seems unorthodox. You would let me roam free despite that?

Make no mistakes, you are not free. However, we will be setting you free eventually. First, we need these questions answered as formality.

I suppose I don't really have a choice.

I don't think people who reveal their personal information will get very far. What if you misuse it?

If we wanted to do that, we already have everything on paper. We wouldn't need you to answer this inquiry.

So you're not after my credit card information?

Please stop asking questions of your own, and answer what you're asked.

Etienne Schmidt, student I guess. Do I have to name the school, too?

No, this is fine. What is your birthday?

Again, we already have this information. If anything untoward was to be done, it already has been.

How can I trust your word?

After all this is done, I'll let you in on a secret about living potentially forever.

That clipboard really does know me, doesn't it? Very well, I'll go along. My birthday is the thirtieth of March.

And what is your favorite color?

I don't have any. I don't believe in colors.

Is that a joke?

We'll now have a few in-depth questions. Answer promptly, but not too elaborately or vaguely. The first is: do you like Zoro Escapism? Hmm... wait, this doesn't seem right. Why is it...? Ah, I see. For some reason, they wrote it like that. Never mind this, answer the question now.

Do you mean the Ad Infinitum series? I don't know what Zoro Escapism is. At a glance, it sounds like it's just a means to avoid copyright issues.

That might be it.

The first Ad Infinitum was pretty okay, but it only became good with the second one. I scrambled so hard to translate them... I don't know Japanese, so I had to go through a million hoops to get something that would translate the text real-time. Otherwise, I'd miss the entire plot.

I hope the third one concludes the story well. It's not out yet, you see.

Strangely enough, the notes I have here say it's something about “infinity”.

Yes, Ad Infinitum, that's what I said.

Anyway, let's move onto the next question.

How many of those are there? For reference's sake, of course.

That was the first one, and we have... seven more.

This is all very tiring. Let's go onto the next, anyway.

To be fair, Ad Infinitum would maybe classify as that. It's not really the kind of scary that you'd imagine while asking that, though. There are no jump scares or, really, terrible horrible elements. It's more like... small-scale existential horror. I wish there were more, but everyone seems to really enjoy zombie games... as if those are scary stories. Zombies are impossible. That's my take on it.

We're veering off-topic. If you want to expand into another, let's follow up with this question. Are you interested in creepy things?

I don't know if you'd call it creepy, but I do have an interest in existential horror, or dread. It's probably the creepiest thing if you look at it this way. All of it could be real, after all. The idea that the universe is infinite, but finite. The idea that our lives are finite, but infinite as time will go on without us. The point of view you have is just one of many, and none of them matter. This is very creepy. Very... terribly creepy, in fact.

I think it was more related to creepy monsters and the like.

Oh, those aren't creepy at all. They don't exist, and can't be real.

Have you ever seen what kinds of fishes exist deep in the ocean?

No, it's me asking you personally for the purpose of the previous one.

I haven't.

You'd change your tune if you had. Anyway, onto the next... Any tips for a workout?

I don't think I'm the best guy to answer that question, but... from what I was told, a routine exercise is way more important than trying to cram it all at once. If someone does something every day, their body will get used to it. That's our best quality as a species: adaptability. You can't only keep doing the same thing, though.

And don't skip leg day or your body will look funny.

Instructive. What do you think about the fact many believe you're an incel?

:dogstare: I literally do not think anybody who has read this LP has thought that.

What even is an 'incel'?

It's short for 'involuntary celibate'. Usually derogatory, like if you tried to be with someone way too hard, or acted in a way that turns people off you.

That's funny. I have no interest in dating anyone. It would eat too much at my time, and I'm very independent. Truth be told, it would be a bother. I don't really know what it's like to be popular, sure. I don't even really know what it's like to share space with someone else. However, I know it needs to be nurtured.

It doesn't seem like a good use of my limited time. You know, when I'll be dead, everything I had to do will come to a stop. I don't have the energy to spare for this. No one should have it... and yet, here we are, people wasting tons of time smiling at each other. No, the world doesn't care about your status as a couple.

Let's not delve too deeply into nihilism. We have a few questions left. Horse or donkey?

I'll take that question seriously, despite the fact it really isn't. It's pretty difficult to pick. If you consider the exact skillset of each animal, the horse looks better on the surface. They're faster and stronger too, I think? I'm not that well-versed, anyway.

In fact, the term “mule” exists, which means an RPG character created soley to carry items. Donkeys may be better? It's situational enough. And if you were asking about my helmet, I'm pretty sure that's a horse. It could be a donkey, though. Horse seems fitting.

How so? You don't seem very fast or strong.

Let's move on.

Very well. If you could have a pet animal, what would it be?

Animals, again? There are many choices, but I just can't see myself owning one. A bunny is out of the question. A cat could be nice... but I don't trust myself with feeding it regularly. Same deal with a dog, and I don't like barking. What's left, really? We're going into the more exotic stuff now. Maybe an alligator or a ferret could work.

Ahh... No, it would just make me wishful. Maybe it's best if I didn't have any pet animal in the end...

And the final one: if you could have a superpower, what would it be?

I don't care even if I feel pain forever, or whatever kind of horrible treatment you'd justify this power. I don't care if everyone I know dies around me eventually. It would be sad, sure, but I'd move on at some point. I'd live long enough that it wouldn't matter in the long run. I don't think there's anything more terrifying to me than death. That's why... any power I get, I'd rather it solve that problem.

This directly ties in with the secret I mentioned earlier. There's a way to be immortal... kind of.

What do you mean?

You won't really be conscious during it, though. If you're put in stasis, you can live for a long, long time.

Well... maybe in the future, there might be a way to live longer. I'll take my chances with it, then.

Strangely compliant, he seemed almost happy to be stuffed in there for a while again.

Too bad what's waiting for you isn't actual immortality. Well, interview over. Any further questions will be declined. Log complete.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

They shoulda called it the Hewwo Escape series. :v:

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
I'm getting very strong "creator is doing the best they can with what their patrons have given them" vibes.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

If you want to go into the third game/LP blind, this is your last warning to click away now! :eng101:

It's time to reveal the first pair of characters that will be in the third (and final?) game in the series, one from each 'side'. It just so happens as well that one of these characters is new, and one is returning :v: These two were revealed back in May of this year. The first character to be revealed was:

Her name is Anastasia Plante. Keyword: [Cool S]

You may not remember, but she isn't completely a new character to us- from Head AS Code, we had this exchange:

Mix. posted:

Hold on... plant... plant...

Another one of your dumb jokes?

They're not dumb! And no, I just remembered... I knew a girl named “Plante” before.

Really? That's kind of weird. It's not really a name, maybe more like someone's last name.

No no, it wasn't her first name, you dumbass. It was like... oh yeah!

He snapped his fingers and his face lit up as if he'd discovered the secret to immortality or something as equally important.

That said, there's not a lot we know about her yet. We know she obviously has some connection to the Empty S- possibly someone who went rogue like Ityne, or ended up captured/manipulated like Agnos? Just gonna have to wait to see. The fact that she (seemingly) is the one in the key art for the third game is going to be interesting- possibly she's the point of view character for A Side?

The second character to be revealed was...

Huh, that's weird, I must've saved the file wrong. Let's try that again. The second character revealed was...

There we go. It's Annie Sansoucy, aka Superbia! Keyword: [Step] :v: Surprise, she's coming back! We don't know how much time has passed between the end of BMEC and when D4G is taking place, and it's hard to gauge how much older she is here (if she's even any older at all); we know that her original goal was to find a way to gain control of her family's income and/or stop their donations to the Empty S, so it could be that the prison has some kind of connection to her family. Additionally, barring any shenanigans, we know that it's one of the copies of Ityne inside rather than the actual Annie, but we can assume it's been long enough that she's successfully learned to imitate the original body's personality.

Next week, we'll see the next pair of characters, both of whom are returning ones :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sheesh. If that’s the sort of outfits Superbia’s family wears at home, no wonder they’re all stuck-up…

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

content warning: vague talking around the topic of pedophilia (nothing explicit), suicidal ideation

We do, but it can't be disclosed to test subjects.

Is that really what I've been reduced to? A test subject?

Please just answer the questions we'll give you. The sooner that's done, the earlier we can all move on from this.

From what you're saying, I won't get to “move on” from anything. I'll be kept captive here anyway, won't I?

It's inevitable. We still need those questions answered. The first ones are generic. First, please tell your name and occupation.

And now, your birthday.

It's not today.

I'm asking you for the day. Day and month.

It's the twenty-sixth of February. Is there a reason why I have to say these things aloud? I assume you already have all this info noted down.

I have it put down, yes, but it's a formality. I'll need your favorite color now.

Purple. I hope it doesn't come off as a surprise. I even wear contacts so my eyes can be purple, too. I think it looks great.

It's also a royal color. We have more in-depth questions coming up after this one.

I swear I'm gonna wake up from this weird dream anytime now...

You have to answer, yes. This is part of the process.

So what are the more in-depth questions?

The first one relates to your job.

Great. Marvelous. Amazing.

Is this some sort of evaluation test? Why am I wearing this helmet?

I assume you've already been briefed on this. It's not a test, and this helmet is necessary for your operational state.

Well... whatever. You asked how things were at work, right? Ugh... don't tell me about it. I really can't stand it, all things considered. I have to earn my pay and that's it. If I could, I'd just leave it all behind and let those kids handle themselves on their own.

I do what I can, though. It's really more of the same, all things considered. You'd think those kids would've learned to do their assignments on time, at least.

In the interest of transparency, I am doing some redacting in this interview. For example, her response to this question also mentions offhand her “desires” (:yikes:) and no loving way in hell am I transcribing that poo poo. I don't think anyone reading this LP cares if that poo poo's included, and we already know the deal here, so no point in continuing to bring it up. If her response to a question ever seems weirdly worded, just assume I cut out a line about you-know-what. :colbert:

Why did you even become a teacher if you dislike it so much?

It's been a while now. I already told you just now, didn't I? I don't know why I'm like this. I don't like it. I'm not going to hide from who I am, but I still don't like it. Besides, that wasn't all. At first, I also thought it would be quite amazing to get two months of vacation every year to do whatever I wanted, even if they were both in the summer.

Well, turns out that I didn't even get two months off anyway. In fact, I get the same amount of time off as anyone else because I didn't take into account all the extra work that came with it. In the end, I've been had. Now I'm working as a teacher, and it pays the bills. I can't just transfer and recycle. I'm already in my thirties.

I am completely excising the next question, which is about whether she's had affairs with students. We know the answer to that :froggonk: I'm skipping to the last part of her response to the question so it segues.

I already know it's not right and I could get fired at any time. Seeing where I am now, it may be just as well. I know I'm terrible. I'm a terrible person; you don't need to tell me that. Not everyone gets to be fed by a silver spoon. Can we move on from this question? I make myself uncomfortable.

Then, what's the most annoying thing kids do?

Exist? I don't know. I don't like children... they get on my nerves a lot, and it's not even their fault. It's partially on me, but enough of that. The fact they're kids... that they have barely an understanding of the real world... that they're so stupid so often... All of it is annoying.

What even is a gratifying childhood, anyway? Hah! A myth, a thing I've never known.

Subjects surrounding children aren't your strength. Let's move away from those.

Yes, please. :froggonk:

About time.

Are you interested in fashion?

Honestly, not really. Ugh, the need to be dressed appropriately at all times is rather grating, I think. If I could, I'd work in pajamas. Nobody should care about what I wear as long as my job is done correctly. Formal wear is a chore, fashion is very often insane, and... keeping up with all that is a fool's quest.

My family... …

No.

Any details?

No.

Fair enough. What's the next best thing after a couch?

Don't you give rankings to couches based on their comfort level?

I don't do that. I like a couch like other people, but that seems slightly insane. But let's entertain that idea for a bit and say I'd like couches enough... A bed is the next best thing, I guess. Being asleep is great. It means I can escape everything into a completely separate world. And if it goes wrong? I just wake up, no problem. Speaking of, can I wake up from this already?

This isn't a dream.

Funny. Everything is a dream, isn't it? When I wake up, I'm still dreaming. I'm dreaming that I'm a sociopath. I'm dreaming that I'm this bastard of a woman. It's all just one long dream and when I'll die, I'll wake up just like all the other dreams, and then I'll remember who I really am. A much better person.

I'll have to ask you to stop with the introspection.

Why? You have no power over me. This is a dream, isn't it? It's my dream, so I can do whatever I want. If I die, no big deal.

She was apprehended by the guards and put back under stasis by force.

That was a little messy, but that's done now, at least. Interview over. Any further questions will be declined. Log complete.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Oh dear. :ohdear:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
:sigh:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Dunno about the rest of you but I'm glad Ms. Webber got written over.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

It's time to reveal the second pair of characters. This time both of them are returning characters, ones we know very well, so no point in beating around the bush. :v: These two were revealed in June of this year. The third character to be revealed was:

That's right, it's Ityne! Keyword: [Time] :v: It looks like her concerns about not being able to be a part of Project Deforge herself were unfounded, as she is (seemingly) very alive and well here. As a reminder, this is (seemingly) the original Ityne who was involved in BMEC, not the woman who would go on to be involved with HASC, despite the two looking identical. She is a part of A Side along with Anastasia Plante.

The fourth character to be revealed was:

Huh, weird. I guess the file broke when I uploaded it. Let me try that again.

There we go! Hey, it's Marco Martin! Keyword: [Mummy] :v: As for why he's a mummy... who knows! When I joked about how he should've been the protagonist of HASC, it was more to do with the fact that he is literally in every game in the franchise. Barring any shenanigans, we know that this is the Marco who was assisting Ityne during BMEC (as well as pretending to be Invidia in one of the groups), and, in theory, could be the Marco that would go on to be in the first Dating Game in HASC (possibly in one ending, at least). He is a part of B Side along with Annie/Superbia.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

All we need you to do is answer a few questions.

Undesireable, but inevitable considering the situation. Is this the principal's office?

Yes, it is, and it's good to see that you're willing to be cooperative. First, please tell your name and occupation.

Why is my father not here?

He's currently too busy. What is your birthday?

That would be the fifth of April. Am I in trouble?

Technically, no. But we still need to do this. It will only take a moment. What about your favorite color?

I have a penchant for black. I am verily aware it is not truly a color, yet that constitutes my answer regardless.

Good so far. You're the easiest one to work with.

I am not easy...

We'll have eight in-depth questions coming up next to determine your stability. Please answer as truthfully as you can.

How would you discern if I mention any falsehood?

We can compare as you answer because we know all your answers beforehand.

Cripes! How much information do you truly hold?

We're the ones asking the questions. The first question asks for your current status.

I wish I could enunciate a positive answer, but my current predicament is inordinately arduous. Ergo, I am afraid yet prepared to confirm the reality that I am, in fact, covetous of a meliorated situation, to say the least. I trust you understand the gravity of being incarcerated within an unknown, vile location and that none in their proper presence of mind would remain excellent.

All of this means that you're not doing very well, right? I was told you were speaking with eloquence, but you seem to lack the proper use of the subtleties and nuances of the words you say.

Be that as it may... ...s-shut up. My desire to be erudite is stronger than what you believe.

I doubt it. Anyway, did you choose to speak this way, or does it come naturally?

Each syllable infiltrating my diction constitutes a spontaneous pattern. As much as I recall, I have expressed myself in this specific method ever since I remember. In that way, it is a negative. It is all completely subconscious.

And yet when you get flustered, you lose your vocabulary.

I developed a vested interest in reading about words as my night time literature was made of a thesaurus in parts. Then, it developed into this speech.

I'm me, okay? And I like to talk well, so shut up!

Classic example of losing your cool. What is your opinion on the dystopian future in The Handmaid's Tale?

I... what? Why choose something so specific?

This is the question I've been given, so you'd do well to answer it.

This is... very strange, but fine. Pray do not mistake me for my erudition; I have scarecly obtained the chance to peruse for novels. I have thus never heard of this so-called tale. Regarding the dystopian element... Most inhabitants being unable to readily maintain their own agency seems quite regrettable.

I'm copying it down verbatim, for the record.

That seems excessive.

But necessary. What do you think of the Geneva Conventions of 1949?

:psyduck: what

I will once again question your precision in these questions...

I'm not the one who wrote them. Please answer, I tire of repeating this part.

I'm afraid to admit history does not constitute my most favorable subject. The Geneva Conventions were part of the treaties ratified surrounding the topic of... Which one was that again? My memory is failing.

The dose we already gave you might've been too much. They're the treaties about civilian rights during times of war.

It's pretty common knowledge.

A true know-it-all answer. As for my opinion? In my utmost honesty, I have none. The documents seem necessary for continued casualty-low warfare and the respect of rudimentary existence rights. Why are these questions so ungodly specific?

I think your speech patterns give the wrong idea.

Someone speaking well doesn't mean they have all the knowledge in the world...

What is the most interesting documentary you've ever watched?

You have a lot of information on my subject, do you not? Then you should be aware that my family did not have access to television services in which I could watch documentaries.

Ask me something I know, already! Stop asking me these things!

I have no control over these questions. We only have three more to answer, don't worry.

Glad that'll be over. This is a monumental bore.

Which reality show would you like to be a part of?

Once again, something related to a pastime... You do know my skills lie with tinkering with machinery, right? The time I have spent watching television is infinitesimal. If there is a reality show surrounding the topics of cars, perhaps that one. I fancy myself a mechanic, do you understand? I work with wrenches and other tools. And ever since my father has disappeared, I have scarce a moment to spare for my own self...

We have two more questions to go. Do you know how to dance?

No, I've never learned. I have tried when I was much younger, but my balance is in shambles. I hope this answer does not constitute a disappointment. Truly, I harbor absolutely no interest for dancing. Especially since those practicing it nowadays are happier doing it like jezebels...

So, you would say you have no interest in the companionship of your peers?

Mayhap if they would be more conscious of their image.

Well, do you think you could ever be in a romantic relationship?

A romantic relationship. Do you think you could ever be in one?

I, ah... I... I suppose I could... but I don't really see with who... I think my ideal kind of person would be, um... I suppose I'm weak to small things. Someone who's short might... ah, heck, what is all this?

Her sprite is shaking back and forth for this dialogue.

You're getting embarrassed.

Y-yes, as I am wont to be when asked these highly personal questions. Who wouldn't be?

Relationship with someone short... weak to small things...

Do not- do not note this down!

I suppose I have scarce a choice in the matter... Where did these guards come from...?

Two men, dressed in black and red accompanied the girl away. She docilely did as she was told and soon, she was put back in the stasis pod she first came out of.

All noted. Sometimes, a small lie is necessary to avoid a mess. Interview over. Any further questions will be declined. Log complete.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

It's time to reveal the third pair of characters! Notably, these were the last characters to be revealed in full before the creator announced the official name for the third game, and were shown in late July/early August of this year. Both of these characters are, technically, new to us in one fashion or another.

The fifth character to be revealed was:

..."ES", Keyword: [ES]. All we really know about them is that they (presumably) are a Beta Ex Machina based on how their wiring/parts are exposed like that. Who they actually are other then that is a mystery still. Unsure what the deal with the crown is, either. They're on A Side with Ityne and Anastasia Plante.

The sixth character to be revealed was:

...Whoops, looks like the image corrupted when I saved it the first time. Let's re-upload it and try again...

...That's right, it's Zachary Boisjoli, Keyword: [Scalp] :v: It's Lucille/Gula and Alex/Ira's father! Why he looks like a pirate, on the other hand, is anyone's guess. He's on B Side with Annie/Superbia and Marco.

As we now know half the cast of Decide 4 God, the creator also uploaded another cryptic message around this time:

quote:

One she and one he
Intruder and prisoner
Made of two viewpoints.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Everything will be fair after we're done. Please answer the questions given to you.

What if I don't want to?

Then you won't see anything cute ever again. You've been briefed about your situation already.

I guess that's okay for now...

What is your name and occupation?

That counts, right?

Yes. What is your birthday?

The fifteenth of September.

And what is your favorite color?

I don't have one! Anything bright and saturated to the maximum.

Alright. Now, we have eight in-depth questions to ask you. Please answer concisely, and try not to steer off-topic too much.

The sooner you ask me, the sooner I can go back, right?

Something like that. The first question is... wait, that's not a question. They only say “knock, knock!” and nothing else.

Because it's like, a joke, right? I guess I ruined it now, but it's not like I can ask and then you answer. If they're questions meant for me, I'm the one supposed to answer, no?

Indeed. I didn't ask the question either, so I can't follow up anyway.

Weeeell, maybe they talked about... something else related to knocking. I don't think I'm allowed to talk about that, though. Seems a bit too... risky.

Let's not stray. Second question, indeed.

Oops! Okay, what is it?

Do the hobbies you like include video games?

Ponies, rainbows, leprechauns, elves, and fairies... And the Eiffel Tower, too. It doesn't matter to me what form they have. As long as they're cute, they're my hobby. If video games have cute things, then those check out too. I don't really normally play them, though. I have so much to do otherwise. And by the way, this snake helmet is not cute. Can we take it off?

Maybe later. Remember not to diverge from the topic of the question.

Got it!

Even though you lay it on really thick with your cute obsession, let's go with this one... What is the cutest thing you own?

Hmm... It's hard to tell. This hoodie is pretty cute. It has a J/K on it, like it's saying it's a joke! I also own my hair, and my hair is pretty cute. I'd totally kidnap myself and do all sorts of things with me.

:froggonk:

Keep to the topic.

I also have this pencil... It's black and white, but it has yellow, neon cyan, and neon pink at the top, forming a small halo of multicolored stars. It's really cute.

And if you could only have one thing in the world, what would it be?

Me.

I know you're a terrible narcissist, but let's avoid the implications of your answers when you mention yourself.

Okaaay. If I can't have me, then... A cloning machine!

I just said...

But see, that's the way it works, isn't it? If you're too imprecise, people will twist what you say the way they want to believe you said it. For some reason, people make up all these ideas about everyone else, and then they end up way off the mark. Not a single explanation convinces them otherwise after they make up their minds.

Off-topic again. I'll make a note. Another like that, and we'll put you back in.

Ack! I'll be good.

What do you want to study at university?

That's some serious faith in me, thinking I'll even make it to university in the first place. If I did make it in, though... Maybe music? I don't really know what kind of musical classes are in university, but I'd like to do music, if I had the choice regardless of how viable it is.

Sixth question...

I wasn't done, though!

We have to move forward at some point, so let's cut it there. I told you to keep it concise.

Fine...

Is there someone who is taking care of you?

Taking care of me? Like a parent? I live alone. Nobody else in the house. So... it kind of turned into a bit of a mess. It's not a very big house anyway. Most of the time I spend it in hotel rooms like this one, though. My parents left me a lot of money.

It's dwindling, but I don't mind when it means I get to have so much fun, and...

Alright, we're going off topic again. I told you if you did it again...

No! No, I don't want to go back in there!

Little demon nearly broke that guard's hip with that savagery. I'm glad that's over, even if it's technically not completely over. There were a few more questions... Too bad. We'll have to up the dosage on this one to soften them up. Interview over. Any further questions will be declined. Log complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

It's time to reveal the fourth pair of characters. One of them we already know, and one of them is brand new to us.

The seventh character to be revealed was:

Oh hey, it's Etienne Schmidt, aka Tristitia! Keyword: [Arm] :v: We know this guy pretty well, but it looks like some stuff's happened to him since we last saw him- if that robotic-looking arm and possibly missing eye are anything to go off of. Similar to Annie/Superbia, he should be (internally) Ityne. He's on A Side with Anastasia Plante, original Ityne, and ES.

The eighth character to be revealed was:

Man, there's just something about B Side's images that keeps breaking! This is getting frustrating :v: Once more...

...Carrie! Keyword: [Gorilla Arms]. ...That's it! We don't know her and she has not been mentioned at any point until now. :v: We can assume she's the result of some kind of test that the Empty S did, but whether she's human and what the nature of the tests were is a completely mystery to us still. She's on B Side with Annie/Superbia, Marco, and Zachary Boisjoli.