Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
hahaha what the gently caress trist

edit: what the gently caress trist is on the page previous, naturally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

I sincerely object to the "may be" portion of Trist's bio - there's no way he's not slightly insane, though I'd argue it's more than just slightly.

I'm definitely getting a "cultist" vs "those they abused" on the A Side/B Side stuff from the next game - we'll have to see how that pans out!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Carrie is disarmingly cute. :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

BGM: Meridianus

You invade my home, and then you...

We simply need you to answer a few questions...

If you think I'm just gonna loving do that, you're a real piece of poo poo! Get out! Where are my drat parents?

You have no choice, so please simmer down and answer the questions. Your parents are cooperating with us.

Do you know who I am? I'm Annie Sansoucy, I'll have you know.

That's the first half of the statement done. Now, if you would please give your occupation too.

I'm sure you wish you were. I'll just note here that you aren't cooperative...

Who will care about that?

The superiors. They'll terminate you promptly.

Terminate? As in, kill?

In a way. You won't have any of this very small freedom anymore, at least.

Fine, then. Fine. loving fine! I'm a student. Let's get this shitshow over with...

What is your birthday?

And your favorite color?

Blue. Baby blue, specifically.

Good, we're already making progress.

gently caress off.

I have a few in-depth questions to ask you. If you answer these... eight questions, you'll be put back in and transported elsewhere.

What? Elsewhere? I'm home.

Not yet.

This is home! When we'll be done, just go and leave me alone.

I can't do that.

Why are you like this?

What is your obsession with me? And what do you mean, “like this”? Like what? The best? Yes, I know many would like to understand just where my perfection comes from, but I really don't have the time to painstakingly explain my entire life from my birth onwards. You'll have to be content with just this, then.

Natural order, really.

Very good. We have one question down already.

That was a question? Ah, loving hell!

Have you ever done any cheerleading before, or is this outfit just for show?

Are you kidding me? I wouldn't wear this if I wasn't the head of the cheerleading team. It's not too bad, but I look better than this, trust me. Yeah, I've done cheerleading. I don't look like it, but I'm a very good actress. I can easily cheer for a team of dumb fucks who can't think with anything but their muscles and their dick.

I'm cheering for them, but the only reason the match exists is so everyone looks up to me, and wishes they were me, of course.

And yet, you claimed those clothes weren't flattering enough.

drat right, but I'm not going to cheerlead in a hot dress.

Anyway, speaking of dresses, are you interested in fashion?

I'm not interested in fashion. Fashion is interested in me. Wherever I go, I set new trends simply by existing. What I wear becomes the highlight of the moment. I've got dresses of all kinds, and I even have a bunch prepared for the future. Give it a few years, I'll fit into some that would make your jaw drop and your eyes roll out of your sockets.

I even have gold-laced white clothing straight from the Greek pantheon to name only a few. Athena herself will be jealous of me after I fill it out.

Athena doesn't exist- she's a mythical figure.

Even better. Fiction will be in awe, too.

Many consider this trait of yours a negative. What's your situation with your boyfriend? They believe it to be bad for him.

Are you kidding? I'm the best thing that's happened to him, ever. He was out in the streets before, you know? Now, he can eat. If I wasn't with him, he wouldn't even be in school. Now, he gets to be my arm candy as I parade around my cohort of dumb, giggling servants. Think of it what you will, but my relations hip with him is something he wouldn't want to give up for anything in the world.

I have proof to the contrary. What is he, even, in your eyes?

He doesn't have a brain. All the better, anyway. I'm the thinker, he's the muscle. There's no reason for me to lower m yself to his standards. I'm the standards he can't get, and a guy like him can do nothing but accept this and relish in what I give him. I already told you, right? I'm perfect. It's only natural that I step all over who I drat well please, and if it happens to be him too, then so be it. He'll love it, even. Just like all those disgusting perverts out there.

Let's change the subject to something a little less narcissistic. Someone else apparently sent this as a joke: they asked if you could be their waifu.

:froggonk: kill meeeeeee

Is that some kind of weeaboo thing?

What's a weeaboo?

Never mind. Just... just explain.

It's a corruption of the word “wife”, which is when you call a character you enjoy from a show or another your “waifu”. There's also a term for men, “husbando”. Neither of which are creepy or anything.

Oh, I see. Yeah, it's not weird at all. What the gently caress?! Of course it's loving weird! Do you ask that to every girl you meet?!

They should already know I'm dating someone. That sounds so immensely pathetic. They're probably a big loser who can't get a girlfriend.

I'm not like one of those anime girls you love so much. I'm an actual, bona fide, honest-to-goodness human being.

Debatable, but continue.

The point is, maybe you're interested in girls who exist only for their tits, but I'm better than that. I'm leagues above. You wish you-

Alright, try not to insult them too much, or our funding is going to suffer. Anyway, let's move onto the next question.

I wasn't done!

What's the most annoying thing adults do, in your opinion?

That. Yes, what you just did was the most annoying thing adults do. Deviating the questions. Changing the subject. They do this all the time.

If a little discomfort is going to hurt your little brain, you're not gonna make it far. You're an adult, for gently caress's sake. Stop telling me not to worry about something if it's worrying me with due reason. And stop avoiding the topic of where all our money is going.

Alright, alright, that's enough. Speaking of your parents...

Who said I was talking about them?

I sort of guessed. If you were up against one of them in a Prisoner's Dilemma game, what would you choose: ally or betray?

What the hell is a Prisoner's Dilemma?

I'll keep it simple.

If both of them say nothing, it'll be hard to figure out who did it, so they'll both serve prison for only one year. That's “ally”. However, if one of them decides to tell on the other, they'll get away scot-free due to a deal with the police. The other suspect will eat prison pudding for six years, though, but that won't be the traitor's problem.

Twelve whole years. Obviously, they want to avoid the outcome where both tell on each other. There are four outcomes: both clam up and serve one year one tells on the other and gets away, one gets told on and serves six years, and both tell on each other... which makes them serve twelve years each.

Okay, I think I get it. You're asking me if I'm gonna ally or betray knowing all that, right?

And your opponent is one of your parents.

Weighing all that, I'm gonna say... betray. I know these self-centered assholes will pick betray at the smallest chance they can avoid prison at all. And anyone who picks ally is stupid.

Why? The outcome where everyone serves one year is only two years total of time wasted, while all other outcomes are six or twenty-four, which is the worst possible waste of time.

I don't have a choice, anyway. I know they'd pick betray; they aren't stupid, so that's the choice they'll make. And I'm not letting them get away with it.

And that's it for the questions.

Unfortunately, we can't really let you do that.

And why not? I answered all your stupid questions!

Well... Let's just say you've picked betray in the past, and someone else picked betray too, so you're both in prison now.

That's stupid! That's loving stupid! You won't get me like that!

This one was messy, but it was inevitable. Anyway, interview over. Any further questions will be declined. Log complete.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I feel like interview Bia is a lot more one-note than story Bia is, and something something not fond of how the author writes women specifically.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

If you want to go into the third game/LP blind, this is your last warning to click away now! :eng101:

It's time to reveal the fifth pair of characters. Once again, one of them we already know, and one of them is brand new to us.

The ninth character to be revealed was...

That's right, it's Alex Saville, aka Ira! Keyword: [Sister] :v: We know this guy's deal pretty well already, including that internally he is, supposedly, Ityne. Makes sense he'd be in this one too, what with the stinger during the YOU scene and all that; maybe we'll get some more information on what his relationship with his sister, Gula/Lucille, was? He's on A Side with Anastasia Plante, original Ityne, Etienne/Tristitia, and ES.

The tenth character to be revealed was...

The    character of Decide 4 God,     ! Keyword: [    ] Pl  e AS  e            d o              nt . # i     #       #     am   # me

The tenth character of Decide 4 God, Matriarch! Keyword: [Progenitor]. To my knowledge, we don't know her, but since her actual name isn't given that obviously could be proven wrong. Can't wait to see how she ends up being written :v: She's on B Side with Annie/Superbia, Marco, Carrie, and Zachary Boisjoli.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Aaaaargh no stop bringing back characters from this game! At least Ira is one of the less terrible ones.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

mycelia posted:

Aaaaargh no stop bringing back characters from this game! At least Ira is one of the less terrible ones.

i can and will confirm right here and now that this is the last returning character as far as the main cast goes, the last two are brand new characters. :v: So thankfully that means both Lux and Ava are off the table

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

No. We want to ascertain your stability.

I'm plenty stable, I can assure you!

The questions will prove that. Are you ready to answer?

I'm as ready as a singer right before their debut concert. Which means... not ready at all.

That's too bad. Let's begin slowly, then. Say your name and occupation.

A student, yes.

No, no... I'd rather be put down as a cool dude. Can you do that?

Sadly, these reports are pretty serious, so I can't put down misinformation. I will note that you said this, though.

Nice.

When is your birthday?

It is the twenty-seventh of May. That's two plus seven, of the sixth month.

Fifth. Fifth month.

And what is your favorite color?

If I didn't know better, I'd think you're asking me out. It's green, obviously. I mean, look at what I'm wearing. It's cool, isn't it?

Very cool, sure. Now, we'll have eight in-depth questions. Please answer concisely. You can go into details, but do not go off-topic.

Got it!

The first question is... Do you like military stuff?

You mean like guns? I'll have a pass on that one, no tanks. I don't think any of that's a-AK with me. But I understand, you had to take a shot for your questions, right?

Please cease this madness.

I asked nicely.

Alright, alright, fine. Camo's pretty alright, though. I'll at least say that!

Because it's green.

Yeah, why not? And it makes you invisible.

That's not quite how it works. Next question is: What are your hobbies?

I like laser tag, as evidenced by my outfit, which is a laser tag suit! I made it myself after managing to convince the local establishment. We purchased some of the materials they made them out of. When I say we, I mean all of us in the gang. It was hella expensive, did you know?

Of course, the helmet isn't included in the outfit...

Please don't stray off-topic.

Right, my hobbies. Uhh... I like to clean up. Kinda weird, but doing the dishes, washing the windows and such are all things I enjoy doing. Making things orderly is great. Maybe it's a result of having so many sisters. What else? Oh, playing pranks on said sisters is great too... until they beat my rear end.

Speaking of your siblings, do any of them share a birthday?

Actually, yes! You'd never guess it, but in my large family of six sisters, three of them share one. They're triplets! I mean, if you'd seen them, then I guess you could've guessed it... But I digress. Of course, they're all older than me, but it does bridge the age gap better, right? My oldest sister is in her early twenties. If those sisters hadn't been triplets, then it would've been at least six years apart between my oldest sister and me. Crazy stuff!

The next question is a little technical. Are you aware of computers and the parts in them?

Well, one of the components is a graphics card. If you got a new NVIDIA card, which sister would you give your old one to?

NVIDIA, huh? That's pretty spicy for a name. I'd probably give it to my oldest sister! She's a bit of a nerd. She's got, like, this huge PC and... Honestly, I don't really get it or anything, but it's super complicated. So yeah, probably to her. Wait, no... it wouldn't matter, would it? She already has this crazy PC. Yeah, maybe I'll give it to Ophelia. She's the one right before me.

Still in the topic of electronics, this question here is about video game consoles. If you have one, which one is it?

We've got a Nintendo 64, and only three games for it. We got Mario, Zelda, and Superman. Although... we never played the third one. It's still sealed, and it's my big sister's joy and pride. Apparently it's super rare. I don't get it, but people can be pretty weird with that kind of stuff. Played the poo poo out of the other games, though.

Now for a change in topic. The next one asks you, “will you be my waifu?”

:cripes:

Obviously, I didn't ask the question myself, this is from one of the higher-ups. Also, this question is a little difficult, so I'll explain what it means.

Yeah, I'm lost.

Apparently it has to do with Japanese anime. When someone enjoys a character a lot, they decide that this character is now their “waifu”. It's basically “wife” but pronounced with a Japanese accent.

Oh, I thought they asked if I would be their Wi-Fi. Wait, this is kind of weird, isn't it?

Yes, but that's the question we got, so please answer it.

Well, anyway. I don't think I fit the bill for that kind of thing? I'm not exactly equipped to be a wife, you know? Unless you want to, uh... put a skirt on me. Not really my thing, though. Guys don't wear skirts, after all. Hmm... Ah, that's probably sexist, isn't it? Forget I said anything. I just meant to say that it wouldn't work on me.

Besides, waifus are fictional, aren't they?

Yes.

Well, then that's obviously not going to work. Do I look fictional?

Who knows. We have two questions left.

Only two? Don't you have more than this? It's fun so far.

You think revealing parts of yourself to complete strangers is fun?

Why not? It makes me think about who I am, too.

Do you like cantaloupe?

What, do I need to expand on that one?

You don't have to.

Alright! Onto the last one!

If you could erase one kind of food from existence, what would it be?

Hmm... Does this include full meals, or only parts of meals?

I don't know. Just say what you think is suitable.

Well, then! I'll just say “super greasy food”. Yeah, that kind. You know those weird-rear end restaurants that take pride in making really disgusting burgers?

Why is this even popular? Do people really enjoy spending money to kill themselves? Are you guys aware that you are what you eat? Imagine eating a big burger like that. Whoops, here come the heart attacks! Aw man, really? After like twenty years, you want to end it all by eating stupid super greasy food? That's pathetic. Take better care of your health!

Alright, that's enough now. We'll put you back in the vat since you seem stable.

Can't I have a laser tag match first?

:allears:

That was bothersome by the end. He should take life more seriously. Interview over. Any further questions will be declined. Log complete.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

On Thursday, you'll get to meet the last two members of Decide 4 God, but most interesting is that they have both been confirmed to be the "leader" of their respective group... whether that also means they'll be our POV character is as of yet unconfirmed. :v:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Huh, that's a lot more playful and carefree than I thought Invidia was during the actual game - was I just being tricked by Marco?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

dervival posted:

Huh, that's a lot more playful and carefree than I thought Invidia was during the actual game - was I just being tricked by Marco?

this interview is explicitly with Mark Tremblay, who we literally never encounter until the very last route of the game because 95% of the game is on the side where Marco is "filling in" (and doesn't have much need to change his personality any since everyone's operating under codenames with only a couple of people knowing another person's real identity, like Superbia and Ira or :sigh: Luxuria and "Avaritia"); this is also the side where most of the people aren't even human, ultimately. The final route is the side where it's the real people (but the death game doesn't happen), in the only universe instance where all the conditions were right for all of Ityne's goals to be met concurrently.

Though there's still some questions about Marco's whole deal that this game never gets around to addressing (specifically, how the timeline looks for him leading into the first route of HASC), something I imagine will come up in D4G

Mix. fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 6, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

If you want to go into the third game/LP blind, this is your last warning to click away now! :eng101:

It's time to reveal the final pair of characters. Both of these were confirmed to be the "leader" of their respective teams, though what this means in terms of the actual story is unclear- maybe the PoV for each side, or maybe something to do with the inevitable death game that will end occurring once the plot kicks off? Regardless, both are new to us.

The eleventh character to be revealed was:

... One of Mark/Invidia's family members! Nina Tremblay, Keyword: [Mane] :eng101: We can assume this is the oldest sister he just mentioned in his interview (the one with the high-tier computer), but it's not guaranteed to be since the only family member he gave a name for is Ophelia (and, well, we don't know what the timeline is for D4G yet in terms of where it sits between BMEC and HASC). Personally, I think it'd be very funny if it turned out to be like. his mom. :v: Regardless, she is the leader of Side A, which is comprised of herself, Ityne, Alex/Ira, Etienne/Tristitia, Anastasia Plante, and ES.

The twelfth and final participant character to be revealed was:

:dogstare:

Uh... 'Magni', Keyword: [Vendetta]. I'm gonna take a wild guess that this guy might end up being our Smiley/ME equivalent this time around (since the creator hasn't shown anything relating to a "mastermind" yet). That said, if that does end up being the case, that could possibly end up being at odds with him also being the leader of Side B, which is comprised of himself, Zachary Boisjoli, Marco, Annie/Superbia, Carrie, and Matriarch.

With this, our main twelve have been revealed in full- there doesn't seem to be any more reveals coming (yet), so we can assume for the moment that we have eyes on our almost complete main cast!

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Wheeeeee. Like you said, at least Lux and Ava didn't make the cut. I'm...Not super hopeful for however this plays out, but I'm gonna play it anyway, so I guess that's a win for the dev! (Much like my feelings towards ZTD, which is a clear influence here.)

In the end, I think this series provides compelling mysteries but lacks in character development - I can't think of a character in this or HAC that I actually *like*, aside from maybe "Ancora", and that makes it hard to care what happens to them. Hopefully, the dev's matured enough since this game to improve upon that for the next one--it's known to happen!

Thanks for the LP, and I'm looking forward to whatever the future brings this series!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Yeah, like I said back when I started LPing HASC, I like a lot of the stuff conceptually even if the writing never really clicks completely- It has all the right notes for a fan-made Zero Escape expy, while managing to carve out a different space in pseudoscience (since the series is a lot more tied to the concept of identity and how all it takes is memories and experiences to make an approximation of a person, and is a lot more grand-scale about stuff compared to ZE), but it also has some pretty big stumbles (primarily in that the creator tries to tackle topics i don't think they're properly equipped to write :v:); but, well, I'll be buying it when it comes out (and LPing it too, I've got dibs already :colbert:), so we'll see! Even if it crashes and burns that'll still be interesting to experience, and I have some other ontological mystery games I'm currently playing through with the hopes of LPing in the meantime.

That said, there's still two more interviews to go (Ira and Ancora) and I'll be doing both of those next week, and then after that this thread'll be in hibernation until the final patch update for BMEC with the last story segments to tie things into D4G fully.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Maybe it's just me, but the way 'Decide 4 God' is written, it looks like there's a deliberate misreading visible as 'Deicide' instead of 'Decide'.

Oh dear.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah. I definitely appreciate that the author managed to make a ZE-like that also managed to be its own thing, with writing that actually (generally) made sense.... but unfortunately there's also a lot of the bad ZE DNA in it as well. I will say that BMEC is a vast improvement over HASC in terms of gameplay (and I genuinely like the trust/flowchart system), and I'm hoping D4G can carry that forward and also maybe not make me go u g h every time half the cast shows up.

e: though really was only lux and ava - gula was mostly awful in the way that the narrative treated her, bia was actually pretty fun despite being a terrible person (and got character growth that I don't really think anyone else did), the others were fine.

Leraika fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 6, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

just wait til i get to the zero escape like that also is a dating sim :v:

this is not a joke

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
I am as reluctantly intrigued as I am horrified at that concept!

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Mix. posted:

but you already LPed Birth ME Code?? :kiddo:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mix. posted:

You have my attention. :allears:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mix. posted:

this is not a joke

Zero Escape as in death game + puzzles + pseudoscience or what?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I can definitely admit that there are some really gross moments throughout these two games but I will admit I am definitely at least invested/interested in what happens next to want to see D4G.

Mix. posted:

this is not a joke

Isn't this just Sweet Fuse: At Your Side

this is a joke

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Leraika posted:

Zero Escape as in death game + puzzles + pseudoscience or what?

yep. still no escape room stuff, but to make up for it the one i'm talking about has a bunch of different smaller games because the goal is to eliminate a single person each "round", so it keeps things fresh (and then the flowchart is a combination of who dies in each game and, well, who you end up trying to romance :v:)

Junpei posted:

Isn't this just Sweet Fuse: At Your Side

oh boy is this comparison fun considering what i think of the quality of the writing of the VN i'm looking at (from how far I've gotten into it, anyway)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mix. posted:

Bonus :v:: Isn't this just Danganronpa?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Quackles posted:

Bonus :v:: Isn't this just Danganronpa?

no because the mastermind isn't a funny animal :v:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

danganronpa is not zero escape and is in fact inferior. in this thirty page essay I will

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

We're seeing if you're stable. You can think of it as a routine health checkup.

O-oh wow! And it's free?

Yes. We'll need to ask you a few questions.

Free health care... I-I'm in.

What is your name and occupation?

I noticed that. What is your birthday?

It's August two.

And your favorite color?

R-red! Red is strong and m-mighty, though I prefer r-red red, not orange red or whatever. I d-dyed my hair even more red so it would be r-really really red instead of the o-orange red that I had.

We only need the basic information, so keep it all concise.

K-Keep it short? Okay.

Please don't stray off-topic. Do you do any sports?

Yeah, a-a little, if people would have me at least. Most people d-don't want anything to do with me, so uh, their loss I g-guess. Maybe they know I'd wipe the floor with their face, hahaha.

But that's just a p-pipe dream. To make it there, you have to s-start really young and get good fast. I'll just never get the c-chance for it.

(Especially not when she will be done with your head.)

Huh? You s-say something?

Don't worry about it. What do you want to be when you grow up?

You're still a teenager.

F-Fair, you got a point. I'm not yet, I guess. But when I'll be, I t-thought about it and... maybe it would be kinda c-cool to be some kind of mafia boss. They'd call me “the godfather” a-and I'd have a cute daughter no one must find out. But a-also, I'd have a gun, and it would be really cool.

Coolness is debatable and subjective. Does your tattoo mean something, or is it just to look cool?

O-oh, this tattoo on my shoulder? It means something. I think it's J-Japanese for “roar”? Something like t-that, anyway. It looks r-really cool, but it's not a real tattoo... Maybe I'll c-commit later, even if I don't want to inject ink into my muscles.

BGM: Membrana

Who let her out of her vat? Security, we have a situation.

L-like you'd know anything about tattoos...

Yeah, I do. I got one. A real one. It's for private eyes only.

So... that means you d-don't actually have one, got it.

Security!

BGM: Silence

The interview went back on track afterwards.

Did you know anything about her running free?

F-free? I thought this whole operation was free. Was that a l-lie?

No. I guess I'll just chain with the next question. No point wasting time. Why do you show off your muscles?

I got it, so I can s-show it off, right? People show off what they got all the time. They show off their p-possessions, their m-money, and everything else. This much... is all I c-can show off, so I will. D-dunno if it's healthy to think of it that way, but... there's no helping it w-when the rest of the world works that way. I know it s-sucks but if I don't show off what I c-can show off, what's my worth to other people?

Everyone has a different worth to other people. But I digress. About your muscles, are you good at doing exercise, or do you just use them to fight?

Oh, I d-don't like to fight. Sure, I can get a bit a-angry at times... but I don't want to just mindlessly fight, you understand, right? I want to be a-anti-violent if I can. Having these muscles is j-just for show and for t-threat, I'd prefer not punching anyone. S-so yeah... exercising mainly, fighting the least possible.

Nobody is judging you. What does your workout routine look like?

Uhh... To be honest, I don't really k-know. I know I should have something more o-organized, but... I just do it, you know? I run a lot, and I e-eat a lot. Then I p-punch a bag a lot, lift things of all kinds... I don't have a g-gym or anything, and I couldn't a-afford to get into one. I only grab whatever I can f-find and lift it.

I d-do the same with all the other furniture, not that there's a lot. Oh, I also lift my mother's c-car a bit sometimes. She doesn't use it m-much, though.

We have two questions left. Have you pulled any pranks before?

I-I'm not really the prankster type. But o-once, I wanted to be mean to Annie, s-so I grabbed her toothpaste a-and her shampoo when the bottle was nearly empty. Then I switched them around. I put the t-toothpaste in the shampoo bottle and then did the r-reverse. Her parents spent the next week wondering w-why she was using shampoo for toothpaste, because she didn't r-reverse them.

And finally, ever thought about growing your hair out?

Y-Yeah, a bit. But shorter hair is manlier. Long hair is for girls. There's no way I'd grow my hair out, i-it would be girly. ...A-Actually.. I can see a situation in which I-I'd do that, though. If I did grow it, I'd like if it looked like a lion's m-mane, right? That's badass. M-Maybe I'll do that... eventually.

Alright, that's enough now.

I-Is the checkup complete?

Yes. You can return to your vat now.

M-My what?

It's part of the process. These guys will escort you.

And that's it for him. Interview over. Any further questions will be declined. Log complete.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

You've been pulled from stasis to answer a few routine questions. I trust you've already been briefed on the situation?

Yes, I think. It still doesn't explain anything...

That's all you need to know. First, please give me your full name and occupation.

Is this a court of law?

No.

I don't have to answer anything then. Hmph!

You are Greta Penmill, and you are a student. Is this information correct?

I guess. What do you even know about anything, anyway?

I know I have these questions, and the earlier they're answered, the earlier you can go back to bed.

Okay, fine...

For your first question, what is your birthday?

My birthday? Don't you have that info noted down on that clipboard of yours there?

Please answer the question instead of questioning it.

Twins, huh? What is your favorite color?

It's green. I just like green things, okay?

You're pretty bratty, aren't you?

What do you expect me to act like when you pull me out of bed? I don't wake up easily.

Anyway... That's enough for the introductory questions. Now, I have a few in-depth questions to ask.

Well? Go ahead already.

What is your favorite animal?

This helmet might be representing a bear, but I definitely don't like bears too much. Maybe a cat? Though, I'm probably only saying that because I have one at home... Felines are cool, I guess. Leopards might be my favorite? I know it's my mother's favorite animal, so maybe it runs in the family. Tigers, lions, and leopards are all pretty nice. Dangerous, though...

Okay, that's enough. The animal itself would make a fine answer, no need to expand on the subject so much.

So what? Do you want me to answer or not?

Sigh... Do as you please as long as you answer the question, then. The next question is... Do you believe in curses?

Of course not. Who would believe in that kind of thing? Curses aren't real, just like ghosts and Santa. Um... maybe I shouldn't say that kind of thing out loud... What if they were real...?

I promise I'll convince my parents to widen our chimney so you don't get stuck this year. And ghosts, I'm sorry too. Don't haunt my family. As for curses... yeah, they still don't exist. But if you mean curse words, of course they exist. I don't want to use them, unlike someone I know...

(Oh, so that's why your counterpart refused to swear.)

What? What did you say?

Nothing, never mind that. What is your favorite desert?

Isn't that kind of weird to ask?

Answer the question.

Are you sure that's what was written on your clipboard, and not dessert?

Oh, you're right. The writing was smudged a little.

Cool, so I get to have a two-for-one special... I sure wouldn't be eating sand, so my favorite dessert is not the Sahara. It'll be weird, but bear with me... It's baklava. What? It's not that weird? Most people don't seem to know what I'm talking about when I mention it. Then again, most kids don't know anything...

What is the most useless talent you have?

No quip? No funny remark? No fourth wall breaking?

What do you mean?

We have to go through another four questions, so let's hurry it up.

Fine, fine... I'm good at jump rope. That's it, that's the answer. It's useless, because when is it ever going to come up? Am I going to be held at gunpoint by a madman who tells me if I don't do a thousand jumps without tripping, I'll go six feet under? Of course not! See? It's totally useless that I'm good at jump rope.

What if I told you that there was a competition with a prize pool of a thousand dollars if you could do it, though?

Well, now that's a different story, but I don't think people care about jump rope competitions...

At any rate, the next one is more personal. Who in My Emptiness would you rather be with?

:cripes:

Whaaaat? You're asking me who I would DATE?!

It's in the list of questions, yes.

They're all complete monsters, and I have absolutely no interest in any of them. Actually... can I say my sister? It's not weird, right? I don't want to make it weird, and it wouldn't be like a date anyway. But I'd rather just be with my sister. Even if what she did is a bit inexcusable too... at least she's family.

Speaking of My Emptiness, would you kill all the other participants just to get the traitor?

Huh? What do you mean, a traitor? I'm the traitor, in a sense. But I wouldn't kill any of them at all. I don't want to kill anyone. All I want is to go back home with my parents and my sister. Can I go now?

We're almost done... but no, you won't be able to go. We'll put you back in stasis after this is over.

Whaaaat? That's dumb!

Do you think you can beat Tristitia in an arm-wrestling contest?

What does that have to do with the stasis?

Nothing, just answer it.

If I don't answer your question, I get to stay up longer, right?

If you answer my question, we'll let you have an arm-wrestling contest with Tristitia, and if you win, then you'll be allowed to leave.

Alright! That sounds like a deal. And yes, I could definitely win, especially if it's to get out of here. You know about rats, right? When rats get cornered by a cat, they bite back. When you have nothing to lose, you can do anything. That way, if you put me in front of Tristitia and we have an arm-wrestling contest... I'll definitely win to get out of here.

Very well. Let's see how that goes.

A few minutes later, she was stuffed back in her vat, kicking and screaming.

And with that, we're done, it seems. Thank you all for participating. I hope you enjoyed this little interview.

Any further questions will be declined. Log complete.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

And with this update, this LP is officially going into hibernation until the final post-game story segment is added! ...whenever that is, anyway. :v: In the meantime, though, if you missed it on a previous page, I have another LP going over here that might be of interest to you (as it's still about a death game of sorts, but rather than an ontological mystery it's a supernatural thriller); it updates daily (!!) and we're roughly halfway through at this point, so there's plenty of backlog to catch up on.

Furthermore, I do have the next game I plan to LP lined up already (I joked about it above), but I'm actually opening up a vote here because we have a choice to make before the LP even starts! In addition to it being, well, 'what if zero escape had dating sim elements' it also lets you choose the protagonist's gender (and has a different flowchart for each, since the rest of the cast have set orientations so your actual romance options are different based on which protagonist you are :v:), so this is an open vote (open until the next LP starts) of which gender will we start with on the LP?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

female, let's otome this poo poo

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i should also mention that i'm pretty sure both genders' flowcharts are canon simultaneously, because [launches into a psuedoscientific monologue]

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
I'll throw in a vote for female as well.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Anime girl, of course!

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
I am also here for otome.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

bold of you all to assume this is entirely heterosexual :v:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mix. posted:

bold of you all to assume this is entirely heterosexual :v:

I did not assume that in the slightest, I assure you

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
This is not in any way a bad thing. :v:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

:bandwagon: I vote female as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Let's definitely go with the anime girl.