Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

If there is a Nichest Niche Product Award, it's already in the bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

And it works better than the original ever would've if it existed.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Just saw this thread, checked what happened in the past month, and... https://www.smashjt.com/post/the-intellivision-amico-debacle-continues

I don't know how credible a source that is but if it is then... fake FCC stickers, more package typos, fake games, and so on. Amazing.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

smashjt was one of the many massive amico shills who tossed extremely hosed-up insults at pat the nes punk when pat correctly called the amico a scam right after it was revealed, so i don't really care what he has to say about amico or really anything else. he has shown himself to be at best a total sucker and a very unpleasant person.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

everything tommy tallarico has done in his life has been a scam it's just some of them worked out because of other peoples hard work and became legitimate.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hell Yeah posted:

everything tommy tallarico has done in his life has been a scam it's just some of them worked out because of other peoples hard work and became legitimate.

the fact that it came out after hbomb's video that tommy plagiarized the music he 'composed' for earthworm jim really does convince me that the man has done close to nothing legitimate in his entire career, it's astounding

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Makes me feel a lot better about liking EWJ music that's for sure

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the fact that it came out after hbomb's video that tommy plagiarized the music he 'composed' for earthworm jim really does convince me that the man has done close to nothing legitimate in his entire career, it's astounding

Hold on, what? I didn't hear about this. I mean, I'm not entirely surprised but jfc, I at least thought the guy was a good composer at one point. Wow.

Edit: well holy poo poo.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jul 17, 2023

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hold on, what? I didn't hear about this. I mean, I'm not entirely surprised but jfc, I at least thought the guy was a good composer at one point. Wow.

they were midis he downloaded off of bbs' and tweaked slightly, i am not joking (well that and other songs that other people on the team made but he took credit for wow huge shocker there)

https://twitter.com/lebrickster/status/1649140841318080512

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

At this point, if it turned out Tommy was actually a 97-year old conwoman from the Phillipines, I wouldn't be surprised.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

smashjt was one of the many massive amico shills who tossed extremely hosed-up insults at pat the nes punk when pat correctly called the amico a scam right after it was revealed, so i don't really care what he has to say about amico or really anything else. he has shown himself to be at best a total sucker and a very unpleasant person.

Ah gently caress. Well, maybe the CU Podcast will have an update on it, the last one was so Schadenfreude-packed that Ian almost choked from laughing.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
So is this out yet :f5:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

...! posted:

Are you in that one episode of Scrubs but instead of Brendan Fraiser, it's an underpowered cellphone with an HDMI out?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

...! posted:

The only thing that's out is Tommy Tallarico's reputation.

Out the window, that is.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So has anything of note come out in the past couple months about any of this? Did Tommy ever respond or acknowledge hbomberguy's video?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

So has anything of note come out in the past couple months about any of this? Did Tommy ever respond or acknowledge hbomberguy's video?

...! posted:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I can’t wait to play my favorite games ‘Duncan’s Thin Ice’ and ‘Diner the sequel to Burgertime’

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

This is literally just the Nintendo e-reader.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Edit: well holy poo poo.

:stare:

It somehow hadn't occurred to me that ghostwriting was very much a thing for musicians and that Tommy would absolutely be the sort to abuse the hell out of that to pad his credentials.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MonkeyforaHead posted:

:stare:

It somehow hadn't occurred to me that ghostwriting was very much a thing for musicians and that Tommy would absolutely be the sort to abuse the hell out of that to pad his credentials.

Yeah, I've only recently become aware of the fact that "Music Composed by Hanz Zimmer" actually means "Music Composed by Hanz Zimmer and a bunch of assistants who may get listed at the end of the film".

...!
Oct 5, 2003

...! posted:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Welcome back from the dead, thread! Intellivision have announced a mobile app, Amico Home, that basically acts as what they were trying to do with the console but on your telephone.

https://i.imgur.com/P2YUl6u.jpeg

quote:

The Intellivision team is excited to announce the public beta release of Amico HomeTM for Android®! Amico HomeTM is the Amico console gaming experience delivered on other hardware platforms that many people already own. We are starting with Android® and iOS® mobile devices, premiering now on Android® and coming later to Apple iOS®.

Install the free Amico HomeTM app on a compatible Android® device to turn it into an Intellivision Amico gaming console. A tablet is a good choice for the console device because the larger screen is easier for all players to view together. Or, choose a device that supports a wired HDMI® connection to your TV for a big-screen experience with family and friends!

Turn additional Android® or iOS3 devices into Amico controllers by installing the free Amico Controller app. Connect as many as eight controllers to Amico HomeTM.

There are two game apps available now and more coming soon. Astrosmash® and Missile Command® are available today with Shark! Shark!™ and Side Swipers™ following soon and more in the months to come.
Each game is Early Access, with a discounted price of fifteen entire dollars.

As for what happened with that console? Well, this is them trying to get further investment.

quote:

Our ability to begin manufacturing Amico consoles in volume requires securing additional investment. The release of Amico HomeTM puts us on a better footing to attract such investment or to eventually fund manufacturing from the proceeds of Amico HomeTM game sales. We remain dedicated to moving Intellivision forward, step by step, until we can deliver on the full vision of Amico, including the consoles. Thank you to all of our console pre-order and boxed edition game customers for supporting our mission to bring people together with simple, affordable, family entertainment.

We have designed Amico HomeTM to support the Amico hardware controllers via a Bluetooth® connection. Releasing Amico hardware controllers to the market is a critical next step in our manufacturing strategy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
that's the best possible outcome lmao

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Is this out yet :f5:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

...! posted:

Is this out yet :f5:
No. It will never come out.
https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1727627123701985293

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
And here I was wondering why the 6 people who still want to play Intellivision games would pay for the privilege instead of just using an emulator. Now thanks to Amico you can pay for the emulator!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The one year anniversary of Hbomberguy's video came and went and still not a peep from Tommy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

The one year anniversary of Hbomberguy's video came and went and still not a peep from Tommy.

It's insane that it's both been a year, and also hbomberguy hadn't released his next video yet.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It's insane that it's both been a year, and also hbomberguy hadn't released his next video yet.
He's too busy getting Guinness world records annulled. :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm taking fencing lessons and my instructor looks a lot like Tommy. He's Bulgarian, but... It's weird how similar they look.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Kotaku (Yes, yes, I know, they were a joke even before all their good writters left) looked at the Amico Home app and it is as terrible as you would expect!

https://kotaku.com/intellivision-amico-android-console-1851045271

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Goons please gift me an Intellivision Amico for Christmas, I will never ask for another Christmas present, I promise

tia

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Well, you can't ask for another one until you get this one, and at the rate Tommy's going...

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Tag yourself:

I'm the usual know-it-all moron.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

FishMcCool posted:

Tag yourself:

I'm an idiot like Pat :colbert:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

FishMcCool posted:

And here I was wondering why the 6 people who still want to play Intellivision games would pay for the privilege instead of just using an emulator. Now thanks to Amico you can pay for the emulator!

Let me tell you about this thing called the Evercade.....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

FishMcCool posted:

Tag yourself:

I’m too lazy and unprepared to handle an interview

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

...! posted:

Goons please gift me an Intellivision Amico for Christmas, I will never ask for another Christmas present, I promise

tia

We already have an Amico at home
Amico at home: iphone 8 and $30 Amazon fire tablet

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

For once, his mom has cause to be very proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

FishMcCool posted:

Tag yourself:

To be fair, I am mentally unstable