Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

At first I thought it was @games they partnered with which, okay, they've made mini retro consoles before... but aecade1up? Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

"“Because of reduced staff and financing requirements for continued operation, our responses to and processing of these requests has been delayed. Rest assured that our intention is to honor all refund requests."

They are flat fuckin broke.

Huh, why is it that whenever I see the phrase "our intention to honor all refund requests", it means maybe 5 people get full refunds, and the rest get maybe 10% of what they paid, if that?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pat strikes me as a guy who can't feel the vibe and run with it.

Pat's the type of person who freaks out publically when someone makes a custom label for their NES or Atari carts that had tattered labels. It doesn't surprise me he's the type of person who can't enjoy a good laugh.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Former Human posted:

The only time he's had a problem with repro labels is when people try to pass them off as original when selling the game for inflated prices. He couldn't care less about someone's personal collection.

I wouldn't exactly say he couldn't care less with you doing it to your own collection. At about 4:45 is when he starts saying "But what happens when yoy die and your games are loose in the wild? THINK ABOUT THE COLLECTORS!"

His little rant about how what you do with your personal property is bad because it could affect collectors like him later on is a bit :chloe:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Former Human posted:

Pretty weird to post a video and then misrepresent it. Ian was the one who mentioned what happens if someone dies, and it wasn't at 4:45 either.

Pat says, verbatim, "you can do whatever you want with your own game." They then describe why repro labels are bad if people try to pass them off as original. Pat specifically mentions The Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak going for $400 more with a better (repro) label. The video you posted is also five years old and they have discussed it since then.

I'm sorry, at roughly 4:30 is when they say "You can do what you want with your own game" then proceed to say "But it matters to US". And they may have revisited the topic later, but Pat and Ian came off as such man babies in this video that it turned me off of them overall. And besides, I only posted the video because you said that they never cared about what people do with their own collections when Pat also clearly says that it matters to them what you do with your games.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Or it's an upcoming campaign location for Rudy.

Why, is there a sex store next door?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

There is no reason to not just switch all development of these games to other consoles.

If they had signed an exclusivity agreement, then they may not be legally able to switch them to other systems as long as the Amico is still "coming out". It definitely reads like they either want to switch the games to other systems though, considering his line about "Obviously nothing is ongoing at the moment for the Amico as we need to see if Phil & co. manage to pull it off. If they do though, then yes, the intention is to do further work."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Holy poo poo how does it take years to get production started on this thing?

And now, what's the loving point of this thing since any of the 'good games' assuming there are any, will now be available elsewhere?

"How long do we have to drag this out before backers and investors forget they gave us money for a product?" would be my guess to both questions. It's point was to fleece money from rubes and venture capitalists (also known as "rubes with deeper pockets") and then drag it out long enough that people just consider it a wash.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I finally had a chance to sit down and watch hbomberguy's video thus weekend. I just... there are no words capable of expressing my amazement at Tommy. It has reached the point where, if he told me the sky was blue, I wouldn't even check and just assume he was lying. I am honestly surprised at both how blatant his lying was, AND HOW HE'S NEVER BEEN CALLED OUT ON IT. I just... I can't even... it's not like he's even some super-big name in the industry, he's the head of a music and sound effect company who's claim to fame is that they've worked on some games before their franchises blew up, and who runs a video game concert (which is still kind of impressive, just running and orchestrating something like that, but not SUPER influential and he seems to downplay that aspect of his career).

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Small named but large ego'd musician hears a better soundtrack than he's ever composed and gets mad? You don't say!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

gschmidl posted:

Look, those collectible coins will be worth thousands of 1944 Reichsmark.

Hey now, the spoiled thing is probably old enough now that it has some value to collectors. And has at least some use as a bookmark or toilet paper.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

At this point, if it turned out Tommy was actually a 97-year old conwoman from the Phillipines, I wouldn't be surprised.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

claw game handjob posted:

I mean.

There's also the part where his longtime username, to this day, in 2023, is that he took the name of a WWII U-boat commander.

Literally everything I can find says that his actual name is Karl Jobst.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Huh, holy poo poo. I honestly thought it was going to turn out they had been falsifying their documents and had stole the money. Good on the Open Hand Foundation for finally donating the money, may Satan have a special place set aside for the whole family for them not donating the money before this point and continuing to hold fundraisers and use the names of charities after allegedly finding out about withholding the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lol. Also lmao and rofl. I wonder how much of the Intellivision is playable without their weird keypad controllers. I imagine a decent chunk, right?