Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JURASSIC EXPRESS VS BUCKS 44 36.97%
STING AND DARBY VS 2.0 35 29.41%
SAMMY VS SPEARS 29 24.37%
PENELOPE VS THUNDER 3 2.52%
JERICHO VS MJF 8 6.72%
Total: 119 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TV Zombie posted:

Has Suzuki been seen in Japan? With MOTY attacking Archer, it’d be such a throwaway match but Suzuki Gun vs MOTY could be nice

I am going to take this opportunity to pump up your hopes so that the disappointment will be all the more crushing when it doesn't happen.

https://www.njpw1972.com/102315

Suzuki will be missing the G1 and will be in America in September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Davros1 posted:

The only thing that would've made it better would've been 2.0 shouting "Oh poo poo, it is the real Sting!"

To be fair, Matt Lee did yell "what the gently caress" at Sting getting up :v:

e: Also, it's very fitting for the Pancrase guy to be in an MMA feud...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

Has Suzuki been seen in Japan? With MOTY attacking Archer, it’d be such a throwaway match but Suzuki Gun vs MOTY could be nice at ALl OUT

Sorry but it's Archer, Mox, Sting and X vs Men of the Year, JDS and Andrei. The X can be Suzuki if Shelton Benjamin doesn't get fired by then.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Has Suzuki been seen in Japan? With MOTY attacking Archer, it’d be such a throwaway match but Suzuki Gun vs MOTY could be nice at ALl OUT

and if Lambert's MMA goons are still involved somehow, Archer could use the help of a former King of Pancrase

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Andrei Arlovsky will get knocked out to a worked punch

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pamela Springstein posted:

Andrei Arlovsky will get knocked out to a worked punch

Andrei's chin randomly got turned back on like 6 or 7 years ago so he'll be OK.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
only thing i wish in aew is that sammy would protect the 630 move more since is so cool and people shouldnt be kicking out of something unique that, as far as i know, no one else in AEW can do,

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

only thing i wish in aew is that sammy would protect the 630 move more since is so cool and people shouldnt be kicking out of something unique that, as far as i know, no one else in AEW can do,

sammy guevara matches are not for "protecting moves"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KungFu Grip posted:

Jack Evans has one too

And just for fun, the corkscrew variant by young Jack:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

Sammy Guevara seems to be viscerally offended by the idea of anybody not kicking out of a move.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Jack Evans has one too

And just for fun, the corkscrew variant by young Jack:

god drat Dragon Kid loving died

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

PAC used to do em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXfi4mBAs94

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's like 12 ppl in aew that can do it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
they dont do them anymore because they're too old, sammy has years of doing it before it fucks up his body so thats even more reason to make it be his finish.

actually i think Jack Evans can still do it, but he's like mostly on dark and doesnt win that often so i cant tell honestly

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

both Top Flight brothers can definitely do them but don't because they can just do insane poo poo nobody has ever seen before instead

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cash wheeler

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The 630 is basically a transitional move in AEW, they’re all better than that

Need to get with the new hotness like Dante Martin and start winning with a Sunset Flip

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

remember when Sammy held a 450 contest on his vlog and QT showed up next week just to prove he could do it. what a legend.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sammy should have a 630 contest on the Vlog and QT should just waltz in and win it like the 450 contest.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
You think Eddie Kingston will beat Miro at All Out? Eddie should get a well-deserved rub, but I don't know if Miro losing should be it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waffleopolis posted:

You think Eddie Kingston will beat Miro at All Out? Eddie should get a well-deserved rub, but I don't know if Miro losing should be it.

That would be slightly baffling given they'll be in New York literally two weeks after that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

accident posted one of my fantasies

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

dark web made me lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
gods favorite champion is going to be defeated by the evil devil man malakai black who already defeated jesus (cody)

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Sting no-selling the table spot was so loving sweet :hellyeah:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I will always mark out for Sting.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pamela Springstein posted:

remember when Sammy held a 450 contest on his vlog and QT showed up next week just to prove he could do it. what a legend.

yeah and dante almost died

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1428170579413245954?s=20

I can't stop marking out about this Mox promo. Just some incredible poo poo and god I hope Hangman vs. Mox happens.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Number :toxx: Time! Wager is 6 hours with a certain Ric Flair image as the probation image.

Does this week's AEW Dynamite do OVER or UNDER 1.04 million viewers? If its dead on everyone wins and nobody gets probated.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im taking the OVER

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok my thoughts

~ Very first half heavy Dynamite, with the second half having a bunch of promos of varying quality
~ The satisfying and usually logical booking for the MJF/Jericho match would be Jericho winning but Jericho is not in the 'beat the 25 year old future of the company' stage of his career (which is why Sammy should have done it).
~ Unless AEW plans on opening the forbidden portal to UFC that coach can go away thanks. He's a good promo but AEW has lots of those. Did those UFC guys travel for a bunch of hours just to stand in a ring for 3 minutes?
~ Sammy and Pammy are adorable. Am jelly.
~ Unless Paul Wight/QT Marshall lasts about a minute and a half I have some questions about why Sammy/Spears was on Dynamite.
~ AEW should make a point of setting up its PPV tag title defenses more than 2 weeks before the event itself and should probably consider actually building up a contender instead of pulling names from a hat for the Bucks to beat.
~ At this point the Bucks feel like they're just loving around. Even if LB beats them at the PPV it'll feel sudden. I don't remember the last time Fenix and Penta wrestled together on Dynamite.
~ If nothing else Christian's build as a challenger was well-paced and organic.
~ I do like that Christian beating Kenny put The Elite on all hands on deck mode tonight.
~ So Kenny's been teasing the CM Punk program...will that be starting after the PPV? Will the match happen on one of AEW's big Dynamite cards or is Hangman gonna get deffered to Febuary?
~ Sting no-selling the table was awesome and the spot of the night.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Aug 19, 2021

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Number :toxx: Time! Wager is 6 hours with a certain Ric Flair image as the probation image.

Does this week's AEW Dynamite do OVER or UNDER 1.04 million viewers? If its dead on everyone wins and nobody gets probated.

Over! I’m willing to die for AE Dub

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Bucks are going to drop the belts to Darby and Sting after Sting no sells the cold spray and it'll rule.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

AEW is consistently at least good every week (this week was fantastic) and it's so wonderful to have a consistently solid weekly wrestling show. Rampage can't come soon enough.

CM PUNK
CM PUNK
CM PUNK
CM PUNK

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

Waffleopolis posted:

there's only one person that should be taking the belt off Miro

HOOK

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://twitter.com/TrueWillieHobbs/status/1428174732948643841

:eyepop:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So are we actually supposed to believe that Moxley is having main event match with Garcia on Friday night? That seems kind of silly.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I'm not sure I've seen Chilly Willy wrestle a match in months. He seems to have become a background overalls model who makes mean faces.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Absolutely over

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

So are we actually supposed to believe that Moxley is having main event match with Garcia on Friday night? That seems kind of silly.

It's gonna happen and it's gonna rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
Craziest spot for me tonight was that assisted power-bomb thing Jurassic Express did, mostly because in the moment it really felt like he was going to over-rotate. It looked just amazing.

Also, that Mox promo was great and got to the point I expected him to just call out, like, Seth Rollins for the hell of it.