Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Perplx posted:

i'm real tired, somehow at work we have multiple projects that need to be done before next year and I have to take time off to deal with funeral poo poo, and there is no day care next week

you're living in a land of absolute bullshit, friend, and i am sorry for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Foreverial brain fogged, body exhausted permanentluly and not enjoying it

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

laserghost posted:

Foreverial brain fogged, body exhausted permanentluly and not enjoying it

:cheers: sup, permanently exhausted buddy

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

I've been tired for years it seems like, never feeling rested when waking up, etc. I don't have children so that's not the cause of it, although I do have bad sleep hygiene. I've used a mouthguard to protect against grinding and to pull my jaw forward to open the airway for years, and while it has almost eliminated my snoring it hasn't really helped with getting real rest.

I was convinced that I needed some additional help i.e. CPAP or similar, however after a recent sleep study the neurologist assessed my sleep (without the guard) as basically fine. For those with CPAP machines - did you get them based on medical recommendation, or did you just go out and get one based on feedback from friends/family? Did the machine solve your sleep issues, or did you have to combine it with better sleep hygiene to get the best results?

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I am torn, should I save money for a CPAP machine, or maybe should consider an uvulectomy. Mostly because I'm afraid I have a bad case of sadbrains completely separate from my respiratory issues, and I still won't be getting more than three hours of shallow sleep every night, like for past 10yrs or so, and just throw the money at a mirage cure

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can u rent a cpap?

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

laserghost posted:

I am torn, should I save money for a CPAP machine, or maybe should consider an uvulectomy. Mostly because I'm afraid I have a bad case of sadbrains completely separate from my respiratory issues, and I still won't be getting more than three hours of shallow sleep every night, like for past 10yrs or so, and just throw the money at a mirage cure

isn't uvulectomy only considered if cpap has failed?

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

echinopsis posted:

can u rent a cpap?

can you rent cpaps?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

im incredibly tired. looking forward to.next week off so i can return with renewed distaste for work

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

echinopsis posted:

can u rent a cpap?

Haven't considered it yet. Not sure if the services are even here in :poland:

nudgenudgetilt posted:

isn't uvulectomy only considered if cpap has failed?

My uvula is supposedly very elongated, which with narrow throat with relaxed muscles and obesity adds to the severity of the issue. I've only learned about this poo poo like two years ago tho

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

can you rent cpaps?

Maybe some goon with a new fancy one can donate their old one to try out

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

laserghost posted:

my wife complained about my snoring so i saw a sleep doctor who immediately diagnosed me with sleep apnea. my dad had it and so did his dad. i got the cpap and my snoring has stopped but im still just as exhausted every day like normal. my insurance pays for it and all the crap it needs but I think it's "only" like $1200

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how’s ya iron

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

according to my physical in october, just fine

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my iron? it's lifted :smug: (elevated)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I took the lucky fish out of my rear end

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Face Joe posted:

according to my physical in october, just fine

hmm

I know this is a dead horse I am beating but have you tried a magnesium supplement

magnesium is essential for a good sleep. most people have enough but some need a top up.

at the very least it’s cheap and safe to give a shot

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Might try supplementing magnessium and iron as well, thanks echi for the pro tip

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
most non-period havers won’t have iron issues unless they’re vegan or whatever

but lack of magnesium is easy in anyone and we don’t store it long term like iron

oh and look for magnesium threonate or whatever, it’s a good form of it. avoid marine magnesium and you generally get what you pay for

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 21, 2023

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
in murica you need a Rx to get a cpap

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
so loving expensive, even with insurance :rip:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
“hello, i would like to have the ability to sleep”

“that’ll be $1.5k”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
😞☝️: $1500 cpap

😁👍: $1500 iphone pro max pro

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/_7QtqZjBZd8?si=Vv3XApB58HNAzlZ7

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
actual lmao

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Of course Gene is from Florida

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

010724_3
Jan 7, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 8, 2024

010724_3
Jan 7, 2024

010724_4
Jan 7, 2024

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m tired today. need to learn to go to bed earlier

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Silver Alicorn posted:

need to learn to go to bed earlier

scientists have been working day and night to crack this code, what makes you think you can do it?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

polyester concept posted:

scientists have been working day and night to crack this code, what makes you think you can do it?

they did their own research

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I can do it whenever I want. i just don’t want to

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

going to be visiting my dad for a few days, who is an early riser. i'm the opposite of that. already tired in anticipation of being even more tired for the next 4 days

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
i would get enough sleep if i didnt have to be anywhere ever

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’m yawnin hard this am

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
big fuckin day. big tired

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
id by tired if i’d be fuckin all day too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
“ I gently caress all day, that’s why I stink “ great rap lyric but artist gummo (i think)