Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Actually we're on page 18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

poo poo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

:cb:

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Honestly pages in this forum should be 0-indexed.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PokeJoe posted:

gosh, mods ?

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i drank a 20 oz mountain dew with lunch, hoping to stave off the afternoon nap

was asleep within 20 minutes of eating

probably a sugar crash my dude

i just looked up the sugar content in a 20oz mtn dew and the number is so high i feel like i’m being pranked

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wanted to make a skit a bit like this :

mother is sitting at the mall with her toddler and then goes “oh no I’ve forgotten your daily sugar!”, and whips out a bag of sugar and starts feeding spoonfuls of sugar into the kid

and a concerned mother comes over and says “what are you doing??? don’t you know you can just give your kid a 20oz mountain dew?”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fun AND educational

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I drink a lot of fizzy but drat it’s all sugar free. drinking sugar drink is fuckin insane

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

echinopsis posted:

I wanted to make a skit a bit like this :

mother is sitting at the mall with her toddler and then goes “oh no I’ve forgotten your daily sugar!”, and whips out a bag of sugar and starts feeding spoonfuls of sugar into the kid

and a concerned mother comes over and says “what are you doing??? don’t you know you can just give your kid a 20oz mountain dew?”

lol well in your scenario the mother would be feeding her toddler something like 6 tablespoons of sugar :shepface:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

it's rare that i drink soda at all, hence not expecting it to knock me out

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

nudgenudgetilt posted:

it's rare that i drink soda at all, hence not expecting it to knock me out

sodas are a bad loving deal on the sugar front, that 20oz of dew is basically 4 snickers bars

and it's waaaay more gratifying to just eat 4 snickers bars

i drank a lot of soda when i was younger and cutting it out of my diet was definitely one of the best things i've done (i haven't done much else by way of improvement tbh)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

well-read undead posted:

lol well in your scenario the mother would be feeding her toddler something like 6 tablespoons of sugar :shepface:

before I got diabetes I used to do this on top of a kfc combo an mcdonald’s combo and subway and burger king

honestly I spent my entire weeks wages on weed, energy drinks and fast food to quench insatiable munchies, and gas to drive me between these things. rinse and repeat. diabetes ain’t free my friend

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i could easily sleep another 6 hours

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

graph posted:

i could easily sleep another 6 hours

that’s me every day

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
got today off so i was able to sleep in to noon. now, instead of feeling tired like usual, i feel groggy

though since i just ate, i do feel a little sleepy on top of it

111323_8
Nov 14, 2023
crazy huge body/self issues tonight

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just don’t imo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You know who I think should be tired is Elon Musk.

And by that I mean he should be run over by a tire from one of those mining dump trucks the size of a building.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:hmmyes:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you know who else is tired? me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had a nap and had to get up to go get my child from school and god drat it was hard muster it up

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PokeJoe posted:

you know who else is tired? me

i didnt get the sleep i wanted this past weekend so its going to be another sleepy week

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

You know who I think should be tired is Elon Musk.

And by that I mean he should be run over by a tire from one of those mining dump trucks the size of a building.

tired and then retired imo

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

quote:

Necklacing is a method of extrajudicial summary execution and torture carried out by forcing a rubber tire drenched with petrol around a victim's chest and arms, and setting it on fire. The term "necklace" originated in the 1980s in black townships of apartheid South Africa where suspected apartheid collaborators were publicly executed in this fashion.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
having trouble telling if I’m tired or if the headache is making me feel drowsy

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

got to bed at 1, got up at 5 for a flight. missed flight because of lyft. now barely awake waiting on my new flight in a couple hours

Nov 15, 2023

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 15, 2023

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I ate lunch and now I’m tired??

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I'm tired.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

wow same

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’m tired

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
god that was a poo poo sleep

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

CPAP acquired at start of this week and i keep falling asleep before setting it up :shepface:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
welcome, mask brother / sister :cheers:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
could tell i was getting the best sleep in weeks last night until it was interrupted by three (3) mother loving spam calls starting at 7am :smith:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

fell asleep on zoom today. camera on.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

now that's tired, well done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

nudgenudgetilt posted:

fell asleep on zoom today. camera on.