Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ungratek posted:

Wtf is this Juventus shirt

poo poo. They should wear the wacky warm up kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1515399415753842693?s=21&t=XwZA34YW8nzHhEm3JZVfbg

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lmao at Belotti being subbed off and permacrock Pietro Pellegri immediately scoring. It’s a good thing Belotti is leaving on a free because I can’t imagine anyone paying for him.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Any theories on what happened to Atalanta? When I started plasticking for them they were prolific scorers and looked like a contender for top 3. Now they're firmly at #8, play dull games with few goals, and I don't remember when they last won breezily.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Doctor Malaver posted:

Any theories on what happened to Atalanta? When I started plasticking for them they were prolific scorers and looked like a contender for top 3. Now they're firmly at #8, play dull games with few goals, and I don't remember when they last won breezily.

I think the constant squad turnover finally caught up to them a bit, especially when Duvan got hurt, Ilicic left the club due to mental health issues again, and Muriel turned into a pumpkin when he had to be a starter in their absence. They've still recruited well and it wouldn't surprise me if they turn it around again next year.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Ungratek posted:

genuinely one of the worst i've seen

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I think the constant squad turnover finally caught up to them a bit, especially when Duvan got hurt, Ilicic left the club due to mental health issues again, and Muriel turned into a pumpkin when he had to be a starter in their absence. They've still recruited well and it wouldn't surprise me if they turn it around again next year.

Ilicic would have had to be replaced soon anyway and if Zapata hadn’t got hurt I imagine they would have had a tough time hanging on to him. I think you’re right that they’ll bounce back (though since that American dude got in the ownership board who knows) but everything seems to have come to a stop a year in advance.

I want to say it all started with Gomez loving off but they did well without him for a while.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Ungratek posted:

https://twitter.com/dan_maze/status/1515616551591948288

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Napolol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

:stonklol:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hmm it appears I should not have asked for whom the lol lols….it lols for me.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
:piss:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao did not see that coming :kimchi:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Very good.

Also Cagliari losing means they have a lot to play for in the coming weeks. The relegation fight is just as tight at the title race.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
I have no prayers left to curse Inter's final drive- I used them all to bless Mike Magnan.

What a coup by Maldini and Massara. So many teams in the league have goalkeeper problems- I was certain after Donnarumma left Milan would be another.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://streamff.com/v/947fbb

Lmao if this costs Inter the title

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
inshallah

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
I feel sorry for Radu- Inter absolutely bossed that game and his teammates should have spared him his blushes, but as the man says:

trem_two posted:

inshallah

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

that was inter's game in hand, correct?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

that was inter's game in hand, correct?

Yeah and everyone kind of expected it to be a formality. Ex Inter players in the squad, Mihajlovic is ex Inter, they wrecked Milan and Juve (relatively). Really surprising result.

Come to think of it, all three games kind of went a way I didn’t expect.

Dilkington posted:

I feel sorry for Radu- Inter absolutely bossed that game and his teammates should have spared him his blushes, but as the man says:

I feel bad for him too but also :sickos:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Her Dryer posted:

https://streamff.com/v/947fbb

Lmao if this costs Inter the title

trem_two posted:

inshallah

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
Looks like a flagrant example of match fixing, but surely nothing like that happens in the Serie A

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

nawilo_420 posted:

Looks like a flagrant example of match fixing, but surely nothing like that happens in the Serie A

:hmmyes:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If it makes inter lose a title I’m glad. I hope they keep doing it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
all of us here in the thread got together and paid him off, and hell, next time I'd be happy to double the amount

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

assuolo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ok Raiola died for real this time. :rip:

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
no one knows this but raiola was dutch

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Ok Raiola died for real this time. :rip:

Good.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

nawilo_420 posted:

no one knows this but raiola was dutch

Like actually dutch or like how you are dutch?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

Like actually dutch or like how you are dutch?

he was born in Italy soooo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

he was born in Italy soooo

They can have him

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Salernitana climbed out of the relegation zone today for the first time this season. This is the highest position in the football pyramid that they have ever been in.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Gigi Galli posted:

Salernitana climbed out of the relegation zone today for the first time this season. This is the highest position in the football pyramid that they have ever been in.

And empoli currently up 1-0 on inter. Title for milan if they can hold out for the next 70 minutes.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
2-0 now. Uh oh, inter.

empoli has discovered the secret of pushing the ball down the flank on the counter and then passing to the middle and scoring.

e: this result is my fault for posting.

builds character fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 6, 2022

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Empoli were never going to win that in the second half. They looked absolutely dead for for 45 minutes. While annoying this keeps everything exciting!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Today was the last matchday of Serie B. Lecce and Cremonese will be promoted to Serie A directly, the playoff teams are

Monza
Pisa
Brescia
Ascoli
Benevento
Frosinone

In what was absolute heartstopper of a match for your friend Gigi, Vicenza managed to win 1-0 vs. Alessandria. That result combined with Cosenza beating a nothing to play for Cittadella means that Alessandria are relegated, and Vicenza will play Cosenza in a playout match to determine who gets to stay in Serie B. Vicenza and Alessandria actually finished level on points, but Vicenza won both direct matches.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/gveronesi/status/1522691878138785793

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lmao

Happy for Criscito and lol at pooventus. I guess the only thing they have going for them is to avoid a playoff for the group stage? I’m sure Napoli will make it happen somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Lmao

Happy for Criscito and lol at pooventus. I guess the only thing they have going for them is to avoid a playoff for the group stage? I’m sure Napoli will make it happen somehow.

Nah all 4 CL teams go right into the group stage these days