Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

This one was the worst, but it was hardly the only miss from him today. Just... terrible. At least this one was when he was injured and came back on because Allegri used all his subs already. The other ones, not so much.

It's interesting to see how folks develop or don't though. He had such promise and then, well, this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Nah all 4 CL teams go right into the group stage these days

Oh no wonder it looked like nobody gave a poo poo. Save energy for the cup final I guess.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

so what's juve's deal overall? mostly poo poo midfield play?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

It’s Allegri

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

trem_two posted:

It’s Allegri

Doctor Teeth posted:

why not both?

Also, FBs. Chiesa injured. Chiellini and Bonucci are old.

In terms of midfield, for a while it was that Arthur couldn't pass forward and they needed a regista and then they got locatelli who was maybe going to play there but turns out is better playing not-there (+injury) and allegri loving loves rabiot for reasons and mckennie got injured (who allegri very much does not love also for reasons even though he and locatelli are the only mids who make those runs into the box that juve desperately needs) and uh, RM is kind of an issue with zakaria if there's nobody spraying the ball out behind them. Like, with pirlo at regista sure play rabiot and zakaria. Without arthur, uh, you're going to want someone who can connect those dots and it's consistently been cuadrado and nobody else and no it's fine this isn't frustrating.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Fight's gonna break out at the Copa Italia Final.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Allegri lost Juve that game. Going to a back 5 with 20 minutes left against a team that has had 70+ percent of the ball all game.

Gonna do a lot of lolling if he isn’t canned at the end of the season.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Allegri lost Juve that game. Going to a back 5 with 20 minutes left against a team that has had 70+ percent of the ball all game.

Gonna do a lot of lolling if he isn’t canned at the end of the season.

Chances of that are nearly zero, considering his contract and wages.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Who would we even replace him with?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Who would we even replace him with?

Pirlo lol

In all seriousness, Tudor would be great, but I don't know if bridges were burned last year

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
No way Allegri is getting fired. They made champions league and finished with like one loss in the last 21 games in the league. I think they would have won if they’d played the first half of the season like that. Maybe I’m wrong on those numbers but I think if you fire Pirlo to bring in Allegri then that’s the story you tell yourself. Helped a lot that Bayern lost to Villarreal too.

Anyway… pretty sure I’m repeating myself but

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Yeah I really do think Allegri’s chances of coming back are above 99%

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

builds character posted:

No way Allegri is getting fired. They made champions league and finished with like one loss in the last 21 games in the league. I think they would have won if they’d played the first half of the season like that.

Agree. The turning point was when they signed Vlahović.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

for real this time

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

At least they went out literally kicking their opponents in the balls. Can’t ask for more really.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Weah-esque goal from Theo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

Weah-esque goal from Theo

Burned through their whole defense like it wasn’t there. :discourse:

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

How just would it be for A.C. Milan to take the shield only after Donnarumma and Çalhanoğlu left? Did those two read the measured threads of life, and see that theirs' had been cut before Milan's scudetto? And by choosing to free the club of their ludicrous wages, and marking themselves as greedy clowns, were they performing a great act of devotion to the club?

Non è vero, ma ci credo...I am feeling beneficent, since God has already punished Raiola.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

goongrats gigi

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Many congrats to Milan, many lols to Napoli and many gently caress yous to Inter

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lads

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
you did it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Congrats m9

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

Very pleased this is how Romagnoli and Kessie end their time with Milan.

In many terrible games Kessie was the anvil on which the hammer dropped - he responded to the failures of his teammates with self-sacrifice, and to their frustrations,with gracious leadership. Avé Kessié

Romagnoli did not truly have the temperament of a captain, but he wrote himself into Milan history when he scored two last minute winners in the same week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X26uwtEd2XE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2jQDU6MgEU

But the one player I want to remind everyone of is Alessandro Florenzi. He is a player who should be la bandiera eterna della Roma. Domina Provinciarum. Instead he is a refugee of Palotta and Monchi’s sack of Roma, someone who the ultras were all too happy to scapegoat because he did not show the proper deference.

Florenzi is the kind of player I have always loved- Mario Mandžukić is of the same type- so is Kevin-Prince Boateng. I can't define what it is or name any one characteristic- it is simply a type of person. All I know is calcio is healthy if you have these people in your league. And if the club and management can accommodate these sorts of players, then your culture is strong, which is more important than success in my opinion.

Dilkington fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 23, 2022

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That Romagnoli double against Udinese is so good. He deserves this trophy too even if he played some real stinkers toward the end. I’m happy he got to play in the game today, as captain even. He won’t ever be the world stopping cb he was supposed to be but bet he’ll be a starter wherever he ends up.

After it was clear that Kessie was gonna go get paid somewhere he did exactly what he should have and put a ton of work in the back half of this season. I don’t like the way he’s leaving but if you’re loving off and still putting in the same shift as when you were everyone’s favorite, that’s real professionalism. I hope he does well at Barca and shows those clowns what’s up. Out of all the losses of players recently, this is going to be the hardest to fix.

Hard to pick an mvp this year. The official one is Leao, and he is absolutely up there but I think either Tomori edges him out. He and I think Bennacer were sitting in 4 yellow cards for 4 matches and managed to not miss any of those crucial matches at the end. Some of the tackles he put in this season were reminiscent of Maldini himself and I don’t say that lightly. I think I can count the mistakes he made all season on one hand. Tonali was my personal favorite but that’s because he’s an actual Milanista and it’s “uno di noi” syndrome on my part.

Of course what is there even left to say about Maignan. Best keeper in the league easy and better than almost anyone else I’ve watched outside of the league.

This whole team is just real nice. I hope we don’t embarrass ourselves in the CL next season but I’ll worry about that later. What a nice feeling. And yeah let’s give Florenzi a contract. Would be foolish to let that opportunity go to waste.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Congrats m9

Thank you my friend I hope you are well

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
harsh, but fair
https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1528646029217783809?s=21&t=GunTs0L07-f-YTRnjNqf-w

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

hell, you can't deny this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

in case you forgot, after winning the CL in 2007:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Berlusconi’s Monza are the last team promoted to Serie A.

Hide your players, boys

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

been having a good lol over Milan winning the Scudetto after sending Donnarumma away

he's going to lead PSG to Champions League glory Real Soon Now

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

donnapoomma

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

been saying this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:hmmyes:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Does anyone have DAZN Italia?

So the rights for calcio storico are stupid now (mostly thanks to dazn it seems). It used to air on a local channel that had a free internet broadcast, now its airing on a local channel without an online broadcast and dazn italia. Technically some company called indiana productions (lol) has rights to broadcast it for a cheap fee over here but they have nothing on their site. So I need to find a pirate stream of Toscana TV or DAZN Italia before tomorrow or get a VPN and buy a month of DAZN italia for 30 drat euros.

The other option would be one of you broadcasting DAZN on twitch or entrusting me with a vpn and login to access it. Or if one of you could find an illegal stream of Toscana TV that would be great, most channels on earth have one but Toscana TV is a generic rear end name for a channel and throws back a lot of bad results + I don't speak italian.

e- DAZN bought the rights from Indiana (actually an italian company) and it seems there is no plan for international broadcast now.... great

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Does anyone have DAZN Italia?

So the rights for calcio storico are stupid now (mostly thanks to dazn it seems). It used to air on a local channel that had a free internet broadcast, now its airing on a local channel without an online broadcast and dazn italia. Technically some company called indiana productions (lol) has rights to broadcast it for a cheap fee over here but they have nothing on their site. So I need to find a pirate stream of Toscana TV or DAZN Italia before tomorrow or get a VPN and buy a month of DAZN italia for 30 drat euros.

The other option would be one of you broadcasting DAZN on twitch or entrusting me with a vpn and login to access it. Or if one of you could find an illegal stream of Toscana TV that would be great, most channels on earth have one but Toscana TV is a generic rear end name for a channel and throws back a lot of bad results + I don't speak italian.

e- DAZN bought the rights from Indiana (actually an italian company) and it seems there is no plan for international broadcast now.... great

DAZN also made a mess of the Serie A rights. Nobody I know pays for it because they charge some extortionate fee per month. ToscanaTV does not have a streaming option, which of course makes sense because DAZN would absolutely have shut that down anyway.

I would expect that some enterprising Italian will put up an illegal stream on one of the usual streaming sites. The ones I've used before are starlive.xyz and calcio.tw, with the usual caveats of needing ad blockers, pop up blockers, etc. Unfortunately an actual fixed address of a stream like in previous years is almost certainly not going to exist.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Gigi Galli posted:

DAZN also made a mess of the Serie A rights. Nobody I know pays for it because they charge some extortionate fee per month. ToscanaTV does not have a streaming option, which of course makes sense because DAZN would absolutely have shut that down anyway.

I would expect that some enterprising Italian will put up an illegal stream on one of the usual streaming sites. The ones I've used before are starlive.xyz and calcio.tw, with the usual caveats of needing ad blockers, pop up blockers, etc. Unfortunately an actual fixed address of a stream like in previous years is almost certainly not going to exist.

Thanks for the info. If anyone stumbles across a toscana tv rebroadcast I would be appreciative. I'm gonna ty and scour for streams during the hour long ceremony they always broadcast before the games tomorrow.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I don’t know if any of you get RAI Italia (aka RAI international) but they will be broadcasting the Serie C promotion final tomorrow. It’s a two legged final and Palermo bring a 1-0 lead against Padova in to this match. No away goals no league position etc. Gotta score more than the other team.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I was fairly impressed by Gatti today. He did make one bad mistake, which was losing track of Sterling who made a far post run behind him, but Gatti got bailed out when Sterling missed the ensuing sitter. Otherwise though Gatti looked like he belonged, did a nice job man marking Abraham, made a lot of good decisions on when to challenge an opponent with possession, and was composed on the ball. Cautiously optimistic that he can be a useful player for Alleg

(PLAYER WAS LOANED TO LECCE FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I was fairly impressed by Gatti today. He did make one bad mistake, which was losing track of Sterling who made a far post run behind him, but Gatti got bailed out when Sterling missed the ensuing sitter. Otherwise though Gatti looked like he belonged, did a nice job man marking Abraham, made a lot of good decisions on when to challenge an opponent with possession, and was composed on the ball. Cautiously optimistic that he can be a useful player for Alleg

(PLAYER WAS LOANED TO LECCE FOR THIS POST)

Lmao. I’m glad someone watched this game because I’m interested in how these new guys played but not so much that I’m going to piss away a Saturday afternoon on it.

I am, however, pissing away a Sunday afternoon watching the serie c final. Padova gave away a penalty in the first half, then their captain head butted an opposition player on a corner kick and got himself sent off. Things looking very good for the pink lads.

E: also worth mentioning that Antonio Donnarumma is pretty much the only reason that Padova aren’t down by 5.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 12, 2022