Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I thought Tonali put in the best performance of the night from us. Maignan definitely seems up for it and I like his distribution.

Krunic being played in Kessie/Bennacer’s spot was crap; once Bennacer came on it seemed much more comfortable in midfield. I agree with you on Giroud but even though he didn’t score he was in all the right places and did the right things to annoy the opposition. Could’ve done better with his chances but by no means crap.

Not sure I agree with you in Leao; he didn’t look much different than last season to me. Doesn’t mean that he’s a waste, I just expect more from him like before. Saelemakers was also underwhelming.

Samp looked decent, Damsgaard is carrying that confidence from the euros and I wonder if they’ll hang on to him while the windows still open. Other than the error on the goal I thought Audero was good as well. Feel bad for Gabbiadini as that injury looked serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Leao definitely flatters to deceive. He has those moments that keep me hopeful, but he just can’t seem to pull it all together.

And I dont think anything negative about giroud; I don’t think he’s going to be a 1 in 2 striker, but I agree with everything you said. Annoying to the defense, impactful with back to goal, very handsome man, good hold up play. I think he can bring players like Brahim and leao in.

Also thought saelemakers was invisible, krunic not great, but Kessie and Bennacer are hard to replace.

Lazy post not about today’s game but Milan subreddit people are speculating something Maldini said means we’re not going to be able to agree to a contract extension with Kessie.

Glad to have the calcio back. Can’t wait to meet up with the Milan club boys to gesture and yell at a tv and slam back 40 bucks worth of espresso and gelato during a disappointing mid season game.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Osimehn got a two match ban for that non existent red card meaning he’ll miss the game against a team that I’ll leave to the reader as an exercise.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Mid table stragglers, Napoli will be fine.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the venezia kit is honestly so cool

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Re: the champions league draw as a Milan fan
Oof.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

grvm posted:

Oof.

If it’s any consolation I bet Juve lose to Zenit at least once.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

grvm posted:

Oof.

There was no good draw to be had. It was always gonna be tough.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
For sure. Atleast we’ll get to watch Milan against some good European sides. I think we were an extremely strong pot 4 — doubt any of the groups wanted to land with us either.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

grvm posted:

For sure. Atleast we’ll get to watch Milan against some good European sides. I think we were an extremely strong pot 4 — doubt any of the groups wanted to land with us either.

Yeah I doubt anyone wanted to draw us out of the pot, but whatever. Milan - Liverpool at the San Siro :getin:

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah I doubt anyone wanted to draw us out of the pot, but whatever. Milan - Liverpool at the San Siro :getin:

Hell yeah. Also I have some fairly long standing sympathies towards atletico from the Forman/Augero days, so I will also be very excited to watch that. Just excited to watch Milan in champions league again.

I remember in 2013 when we were in the play-in against Ajax going to meet up with a group of like 4 guys at some premier league bar where they jammed us in a closed and forgotten about upstairs area for what might have been the first Milan club philly meet up? I moved to Philadelphia the week before (maybe even that week?) and that was literally the first social thing I ever did in the city.

Dave (and everyone else involved) has done an incredible job growing that club and I can’t wait to take off work to watch some European games with them.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Osimehn got a two match ban for that non existent red card meaning he’ll miss the game against a team that I’ll leave to the reader as an exercise.

hmmm, maybe there's a pattern, some sort of forces conspiring here. possibly from the North of Italy.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Please do not defame the Tyrolean people

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Someday Immobile will figure out how to shoot when he plays for Italy and not just Lazio. I have faith.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Juve merde

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

the english commentator just said this was a forgettable evening in Torino. Wrong, I intend to remember this game fondly for at least a week.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I still believe in Max

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ronald having a lol somewhere

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Ronald having a lol somewhere

Doing the pirouette celebration and yelling SIUUUUUUUUUU in front of the tv watching De Sciglio subbed on in the final minutes

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Those fiat workers are getting their jobs back, right?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
are juve actually poo poo now

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

quite

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Tonali, Diaz, Giroud, just :discourse:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

tbp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp1cKEj-ZtM

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Pretty good week 2 in terms of entertainment. All of the teams on 6 points seem like they could provide some good fights for the others though nobody’s played any of those matches yet. Milan definitely has some defensive frailties and I don’t think Roma will play anti Mourinho style like they have been against the big teams. Pains me to say it but Inter look the most complete outside of Handanovic who has fallen off a cliff in the past calendar year.

Juve being on 1 point is pretty funny but there’s no way they stay down near the bottom of the table for long. The players are far too good and Allegri isn’t some clown manager. I do wonder what happened to McKennie though; he looked rear end against Empoli even though I think he was played out of position. Any Juve posters got opinions on what needs to happen?

Predictably it’s some of the new teams that I think need the most work. Venezia look absolutely out of their depth everywhere, same with Salernitana’s defense. Genoa looked much better today even though they lost and even Hellas seemed competent in the first half vs Inter.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Max got so many things wrong in that Empoli match, it was worse than Pirlo honestly. I think once they set up the midfield around Locatelli and Kean gets up to speed they’ll look more like a properly constructed side. There were glimpses of that when Morata and Locatelli were both on, but by that point Empoli just had to park the bus and weather the storm, which they obviously were able to do.

Juve dropped 2 points vs Udinese because of the keeper having one of the worst meltdowns possible and then hosed themselves against Empoli by the manager being too cute and clever. Hopefully Max can shake off the managerial rust quickly.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

Max got so many things wrong in that Empoli match, it was worse than Pirlo honestly. I think once they set up the midfield around Locatelli and Kean gets up to speed they’ll look more like a properly constructed side. There were glimpses of that when Morata and Locatelli were both on, but by that point Empoli just had to park the bus and weather the storm, which they obviously were able to do.

Juve dropped 2 points vs Udinese because of the keeper having one of the worst meltdowns possible and then hosed themselves against Empoli by the manager being too cute and clever. Hopefully Max can shake off the managerial rust quickly.

needs to work out his voice so he can shout DAI DAI DAI just like prime Max

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan have signed Messias from Crotone for some (relatively) small sum as some sort of cover for the wide forwards or Diaz. A lot of people are flipping their poo poo about this but I think it’s pretty good. He was Crotones best player not named Simy and would’ve walked in to half of the teams in the league. As a starter I wouldn’t be convinced but as cover I think it’s a good signing.

You may remember him as the guy who was moving appliances for a living until about 5 years ago. He must be thrilled about this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Giroud caught the rona for fucks sake. I hope Pellegri isn’t poo poo because there’s no way Zlatan is ready by next week for a full 90.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
If Milan fail to sign Kessié to a new contract, I have to wonder why all these players want to leave when the club finally has continuity of management and are back in the Champions League.

Let me remind everyone: the ancient denizens of Mediolanum made their homes from red bricks and not blue ones, because even then people knew who to support.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

If Milan fail to sign Kessié to a new contract, I have to wonder why all these players want to leave when the club finally has continuity of management and are back in the Champions League.

Let me remind everyone: the ancient denizens of Mediolanum made their homes from red bricks and not blue ones, because even then people knew who to support.

Lol

I don’t think Kessie is going to sign and the problem is wages. With the usual clubs offering bajillions to sit on the bench there’s not much to do. Honestly we should sell him in January if it’s going to be like that. Whatever we can get, better than nothing. Real shame because he was the main reason we’re in the CL again but what can you do.

In other news, Venezia lost 4-0 against Brescia in a friendly today. If they don’t actually sign some good players instead of random Americans they are going to go down.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan released their CL ticket prices yesterday and they were ridiculous. It was so bad that he team put out a release in which Gazidis said they are going to lower the prices.

That’s...wildly surprising. The cheapest ones were 70 euros for the terzo anello which are the seats high enough that you can’t see the corners if you’re in the wrong spot. Seats behind the goals were 150 euros.

There were morons defending the original prices.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

In other news, Venezia lost 4-0 against Brescia in a friendly today. If they don’t actually sign some good players instead of random Americans they are going to go down.

The latest one makes me think their plan is hoping his name tricks people into thinking they signed the Next Big Thing From Ajax and that they don't look into it too closely

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1434579533110431745

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This happened btw. Makes me think something went south with the team at Fiorentina because it’s not like this is a pay or prestige jump. Nice to see him stick around though!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

This happened btw. Makes me think something went south with the team at Fiorentina because it’s not like this is a pay or prestige jump. Nice to see him stick around though!

He was earning 4m at Fiorentina, unsustainable without European cups, and really out of scale compared to the rest of the squad. Vlahovic earns 800k, as an example.

However, he's going to earn 1.5m at Salernitana so who knows.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
CBS/Paramount+ announced their studio crew. More details in the press release.

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsGang/status/1435989136905850890

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Looks like we will have some familiar voices… I remember when Matteo bonnetti was just a Milan ITK Twitter guy and I definitely played fifa against him a few times (and I def lost because I’m not very good).

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

napoli has had like 70% possession v juve :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Doctor Teeth posted:

napoli has had like 70% possession v juve :eyepop:

Juve is a bad team OP