Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Simone Poodoin posted:

Juve is a bad team OP

hell, i believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Derby della Mole gonna be a tasty relegation 6 pointer

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Quickly turning into a long season this

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

pain

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm watching the worlds most edited highlights of the Atalanta game and that is an absolute comedy handball. That's all

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Pirlo having some lols right now I bet.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

I'm watching the worlds most edited highlights of the Atalanta game and that is an absolute comedy handball. That's all

Maybe inaccessible in the uk but the league channel on YouTube posts highlights for every match a few hours after they end. Worth checking out.

And lmao at that handball, yes. Imagine being the goalkeeper making that save and somehow ending up facing a penalty.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Kessie is really playing for that PSG contract right now…

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

grvm posted:

Kessie is really playing for that PSG contract right now…

That run up to the penalty instantly locked in the miss.

Other than that I think he’s been good though. Him and Tonali are not letting Lazio get past the halfway line.

Leao looked like he was gonna step over his way in to getting subbed til that goal. He’s getting a lot of the ball but without an actual point striker the crosses he’s been putting in are fairly ineffective. At least he’s getting them in though.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Before Milan, I considered Pioli a mediocre manager- one of many Italian managers who are passed between teams and doesn't leave a mark on any of them.

Before his return, I would not have favored Maldini as director, since his only accomplishments after retirement were getting good at tennis and remaining handsome.

But based on what I watched tonight these two men are geniuses.

sur le web
Oct 23, 2020

not always a fan of Pioli's subs but tonight was pitch perfect.

I really, really want the .gif of Saelemaekers just pointing at Sarri.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

There are too many people from Long island in Paramount+ Studio in my opinion, otherwise coverage is fine.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Gideomatic_/status/1437155199559294988?s=20

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
that was a great game btw

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I watched the highlights and I’m annoyed I missed it. Looked like a lot of action.

Dilkington posted:

There are too many people from Long island in Paramount+ Studio in my opinion, otherwise coverage is fine.

Lmao

Re: Pioli I wonder what kind of input to Maldini and friends he had. Does he ask for specific players or does he ask for someone who fits a description? Ballo-Toure seemed pretty decent in his short stint and more like Calabria than Theo. Was that intentional? In any case the squad is certainly deep for the league.

Lazio looked completely outmatched tactically and I’m surprised Sarri let that happen. By now everyone knows we like a high press and Lazio definitely has the players to punish that. Like why didn’t he overpopulate the midfield and play a 3-5-2 or something? He’s done it before.

Anyway hope the CL game is at least competitive and Milan go in with the same belief vs Juve from today. Great start to an important week.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sur le web posted:

not always a fan of Pioli's subs but tonight was pitch perfect.

I really, really want the .gif of Saelemaekers just pointing at Sarri.

Need that and Spalletti flipping his poo poo while Allegri walks away from Saturday.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

First manager sackings of the season!

Di Francesco is out at Hellas, to be replaced by Igor Tudor. Leonardo Semplici is out at Cagliari, no replacement named yet.

Cagliari are level with Juventus so I don’t know why they were so quick to pull the trigger :troll:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Actually the proper response would be for Juve to fire Allegri for being level with Cagliari

just imo

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

Sarri: “Saelemaekers made a gesture that should not done to an old person and Ibrahimovic brought him to apologize. Case closed.”

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

Sarri: “Saelemaekers made a gesture that should not done to an old person and Ibrahimovic brought him to apologize. Case closed.”

I'm imagining Ibrahimovic threatening Saelemaekers like some anziana waving a wooden spoon and having a lol

Also Mazzarri confirmed for Cagliari. Not a bad signing, though I dont' expect them to recover that quick.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I didnt watch much serie a last year.... no fans football wasn't great but who are the favorites this year? I know Pirlo sucked with Juve and they haven't made good transfers, Inter sold their winning team, and a few good results have hoodwinked people that mourinho magic might be real again, but thats about it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I didnt watch much serie a last year.... no fans football wasn't great but who are the favorites this year? I know Pirlo sucked with Juve and they haven't made good transfers, Inter sold their winning team, and a few good results have hoodwinked people that mourinho magic might be real again, but thats about it.

Inter did well to replace Lukaku and Hakimi in league play; I would guess that they still are favorites. Roma are winning in the Mourinho way but unless Abraham is the next Shevchenko I doubt that keeps up. It's actually pretty open for once.

Lots of people had Lazio in the top four but they were completely poo poo against Milan last weekend. Sarri's style takes a while to adapt to though so who knows.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
juve will are still favorites for me. Once the allegri machine gets rolling i think it will really roll.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

Allegri machine doesn't generate its own inertia- it requires another, much better machine to get the job started. Possibly a machine with a wig, if such a thing exists

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sassuolo - Torino was pretty great. There were multiple goal line clearances and both teams hit the lost several times. The scoreline doesn’t reflect the amount of action at all.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

grvm posted:

juve will are still favorites for me. Once the allegri machine gets rolling i think it will really roll.

they'll trip backwards over the finish line over the dead bodies of the other teams too inept to see the season through, like they almost did last year

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Players out for Milan - Juve tomorrow:

Milan: Krunic, Bakayoko, Ibrahimovic, Giroud, Calabria and possibly Maignan.

Juve: Arthur

4 games in to the season and we’re down half a loving squad. Christ.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Love when I’m mad that Milan manage a draw away to Juventus after being 1-0 down from the 4th minute because we should and could have won that.

Really wondering what the gently caress Pellegri has been doing to not get any time when there are no other strikers available.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
lolventus

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
https://twitter.com/Dirono/status/1440938549218586624

Poor guy. :(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

loving lmao that Inter had Di Marco take that penalty. Also I didn’t catch why that Atalanta goal was called off - was there a foul somewhere?

Anyway Daniel Maldini scoring on his first start for the team is just :discourse:

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Gigi Galli posted:

loving lmao that Inter had Di Marco take that penalty. Also I didn’t catch why that Atalanta goal was called off - was there a foul somewhere?

Anyway Daniel Maldini scoring on his first start for the team is just :discourse:

The ball was out when their keeper kicked it into play... But it was quite some time before they scored. Disgraceful typical serie a bullshit

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Woodenlung posted:

The ball was out when their keeper kicked it into play... But it was quite some time before they scored. Disgraceful typical serie a bullshit

Ahahaha holy poo poo I watched this bit again and I can’t believe Inter were saved by this. Handanovic can’t keep it in (though he tries, and that’s what sends the ball back in to play) and somehow 10+ seconds and a goal go by before anyone thinks to check. Insane.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Woodenlung posted:

But it was quite some time before they scored. Disgraceful typical serie a bullshit

Maybe learn VAR-rules, i dunno :bravo:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That’a actually a question I have then - how far back does VAR actually go when they do the check for a goal? Is there a time limit or just all the way back from the ball last being put in to play?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I don't remember if it's one minute or three end of the next play.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

That’a actually a question I have then - how far back does VAR actually go when they do the check for a goal? Is there a time limit or just all the way back from the ball last being put in to play?

They can go back and review any situation from when play was last stopped. Unless it's a case of mistaken identity or for violent conduct, which can be checked at any time.

People complaining about this situation are showing themselves to know very little about the general rules of the games AND actual literal idiots/and or crybabies.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
This is from the current laws of of the game document

quote:

For decisions/incidents relating to goals, penalty/no penalty and red cards for denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity (DOGSO), it may be necessary to review the attacking phase of play which led directly to the decision/incident; this may include how the attacking team gained possession of the ball in open play.

E: Lol, amazingly, the league didn't include that incident in their highlights video of the match

trem_two fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 26, 2021

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ah that last bit is what includes this then. It’s still funny that Handanovic loving up is what ultimately makes the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Zaniolowns

https://twitter.com/ronaldmorgan_/status/1442213963836497925?s=21