Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Drakkel posted:

What about Punk, Eddie, and Mox doing a Trios run?

CM Punk does not vibe in my head with Eddie and Mox, but rather Sting, Punk, Darby.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Thun-der
Ro-sa

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

God drat that’s a number

Looking forward to never getting AEW tickets for a reasonable price in Chicago ever again

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

karmicknight posted:

CM Punk does not vibe in my head with Eddie and Mox, but rather Sting, Punk, Darby.

Finally Darby will have enough allies to revive his lifelong feud with Team Taz

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

Punk's definitely getting an AEW title run at some point, I don't think that was ever in doubt. And with a roster so deep with talent it should be possible to keep him occupied with big money dream matches until they're ready to slot him in

hell, they could put him on the TNT title for awhile after Miro, that's traditionally been a good place to work with young talent

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

who cares about number, look at Line

phwoar

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I figure they can ride out the "what's CM Punk going to do next?" wave for high numbers on Dynamite (if not both Dynamite and Rampage) for quite a while as long as they give him interesting material to work with. People just want to see him again, not even necessarily what he does. I can see these numbers sustaining for a very long time if they spread out the debuts of (possibly) Cole, then Danielson, then Ruby, then Bray, with Page's return somewhere in there too. I genuinely don't know what's going to happen next, and that's really exciting.

I think at that point with so many major talent to focus on, it seems likely that AEW's schedule would spread to every weekday on a regular basis. Two Darks for whoever isn't on the main shows doing tune-up matches, Elevation for showcasing midcarders and tag teams against each other, Rampage for high-midcard with any of the titles defended, and Dynamite for the top talent and angles. It's a lot, but if they balance it right, there's going to be a high return without being a total burnout of content for fans.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Punk wins the title at some point, he’s the one who loses it to MJF boom you have your MJF title run and the Punk/MJF feud literally everyone wants.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Well poo poo I might need a new name to go with my new avatar.

Mods please change my name to "Stone Punkbull SES" tia

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

The rest of this year is gonna be insane, but man oh man, I'm really loving excited to see what all of 2022 is gonna have in store for AEW.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Has anyone stopped to realize that the AEW game is gonna have an incredible roster while WWE's game literally just got delayed half a year because WWE cut so many wrestlers they had to basically start over?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

"But... But... I was told he isn't a needle mover "

:mmmhmm:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also Punk's going to have to rise through the rankings like everyone else so it's likely that for a while he'll be going the MJF/Jericho route of not wrestling often enough to make it in there

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Punk heelishly steals chuckie t and trent from OC, who comes back strong through the power of Friendship in the form of Wheeler Yuta and The Captain to win them back imo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

jesus WEP posted:

who cares about number, look at Line

phwoar

Line, much like Bryan Alvarez, pissing straight up in the air

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Not every big name main eventer needs to hold the title.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

This one should. Because it would make a lot of money.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/brandonthurston/status/1429911508285378565?s=21

Number stayed good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I see your "CM Punk gets a title run" and raise you "CM Punk enters the Codyverse"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

History Comes Inside! posted:

I agree, but it helps the prestige of the belt if you put it on yr unquestioned top guys, which makes it easier to build top guys in the future. That seems to be the direction the company is going in with the world championship; the lineage has been just Jericho -> Moxley -> Omega in the first two years for a reason

Punk is 100% getting the belt at some point, my only question was how long would they hold off on putting it on him? (Rarity had a good call on using a lighter schedule as an excuse to keep him away for a while if they want)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

I see your "CM Punk gets a title run" and raise you "CM Punk enters the Codyverse"

:guillotine:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i couldn't have been more exactly right about the number. unbelievable

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I wanted to bet on number but I didn't want to give up on the Ace. I'm happy for everyone.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Rarity posted:

This is evil

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Just the most malicious posting

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i couldn't have been more exactly right about the number. unbelievable

Let's hear what Vince thinks about the number:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFdprVJ5zd4&t=37s

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

if these trends continue...

meanwhile...

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

Ra-Rity you are better than this.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I hope that those who bet against number are swiftly punished so they can still post in the dynamite gdt.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RandolphCarter posted:

I hope that those who bet against number are swiftly punished so they can still post in the dynamite gdt.

kk probed them faster than Malakai Black kicking Brock's head off

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

RandolphCarter posted:

Looks like 5 of the bet losers are already on their timeouts. Check the Leper's Colony.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Rarity posted:

Punk cutting a worked shoot promo on the disgusting naked nepotism that’s protecting the Gunn Club

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

"But... But... I was told he isn't a needle mover "

Punk still didn't move Vince's needle

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
phew I think I dodged it

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
The real scandal is Serpentico using his pull backstage to keep Jon Cruz off of TV.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro posted:

the first dance viewership is between 1.09 mil and 1.13 mil depending on how well they hype it up without "spoiling." it's kinda easy but not a cakewalk so they might do a little bit of a bad job

wow, that's from a whole week ago? wow.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DEAR RICHARD posted:

meanwhile...

i sleep in a big number with my wife :confused:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Zombie Lemur posted:

The real scandal is Serpentico using his pull backstage to keep Jon Cruz off of TV.

Good, gently caress Jon Cruz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

apparently pwt has had to buy every single blank ringer t-shirt in north america to fulfill the punk t-shirt demand